Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the girls in my office is married to a club pro, so.....after some suitable charming....

I'm getting a loan of his R9 TP 3w to try out for a while, as of tomorrow, and he's pricing up various 'maybes' for me at little over cost! :D

sweet deal paulo! good luck!

Looking to get a sweet deal from Taylormade...

Thinking about the R9 Supertri and a set of R9s 4-SW.

Getting pretty excited!!!

Looking to get a sweet deal from Taylormade...

Thinking about the R9 Supertri and a set of R9s 4-SW.

Getting pretty excited!!!

I had that setup for quite a while. Both are great items. Love the SuperTri

HOF shafts are AWESOME, they are made by Matrix so they are the real deal, and not just for long drivers.

Hey TC...remember that Lajosi I mentioned yesterday? Its getting a spa treatment (refinish to gun metal) and coming with my LPS1 he's building for a song! I've been in love with this putter since I first saw it, I even contacted Kari on two occasions inquiring it works out Kari is making me a deal to move it and there's just enough in my PP acct.

goldn036.jpg

goldn038.jpg

I'm not great with Anser style putters, but this Goos-Neck just fits my eye somehow!

wow!!! that is gorgeous! dude, you really do step it up in this thread. can't wait to hear about how your putters feel and work out for you.

Yes it is! I'd leave it the chrome nickel it is but I'd only be able to roll it on cloudy days lol

I dunno, maybe I should just leave it the chrome nickel....so sweet looking...

i tend to agree with you concerning glare issues though. it is sweet looking but you don't want it literally giving you a headache on the golf course.

Yeah that's what I thought, but, it won't be getting too much course time with my LPS1 coming in.

Hmmm...

It does look sweet but the glare would kill your putting. Assuming you have some putting haha jk. Id go gunmetal for sure. Unless you rock the shades all the time.

Yeah that's what I thought, but, it won't be getting too much course time with my LPS1 coming in.

Hmmm...

well, if it's strictly a putter for the collection i'm not sure i would alter the color/finish, but like OEM said, if it finds it's way on the course it could be brutal.

I made a trade with One-T and have an Oddyssey White Hot XG Teron arriving sometime today :) Looking forward to giving it a roll. I will probably have to hit the putting green tomorrow at lunch. I played around with one at a local store and it was easy to line up.

I made a trade with One-T and have an Oddyssey White Hot XG Teron arriving sometime today :) Looking forward to giving it a roll. I will probably have to hit the putting green tomorrow at lunch. I played around with one at a local store and it was easy to line up.

i heard about that trade. i think you'll like the putter hawk. one-t is a forward presser and that teron wasn't ideal for that. i wish you the best of luck with it.

ddec and OEM are not good for me, now i want a wilson wedge!! i need to find one.

Yeah, I found out two things recently about putters (for me). I need offset, and I need an insert. I just have a hard time rolling the ball on target with a straight shaft and I can't figure out distance at all without an insert. Since I've switched back to my Odyssey Rossie my putting has improved by a huge number each round. I actually feel like the ball really will go in the hole again. I think that Teron is really sharp looking.

ddec and OEM are not good for me, now i want a wilson wedge!! i need to find one.

Me too! But, I am committed to no wedge OEM'ing until September 20.

is that your way of saying you are going to stay as far away from me as possible at the demo days? granted you will be gaming those Ci9's and a Tw9 by then:D

I plan on showing off that Tw9 during the hotel room chipping contest

Yeah, I found out two things recently about putters (for me). I need offset, and I need an insert. I just have a hard time rolling the ball on target with a straight shaft and I can't figure out distance at all without an insert. Since I've switched back to my Odyssey Rossie my putting has improved by a huge number each round. I actually feel like the ball really will go in the hole again. I think that Teron is really sharp looking.

well, it will certainly help with alignment and i also think that it will be more forgiving. you'll like it man!

Me too! But, I am committed to no wedge OEM'ing until September 20.

see, i don't think i'll have the options of equipment to hit that you guys will so for me, i have to take a lot of y'alls words and experiences into account. for me, it's about research, trusting you guys and your experiences, then pulling the trigger.

is that your way of saying you are going to stay as far away from me as possible at the demo days? granted you will be gaming those Ci9's and a Tw9 by then:D

I plan on showing off that Tw9 during the hotel room chipping contest

i have to be honest, i'm this close to going to golfusa and getting a price on the irons and a Tw9, see what i could get out of my 22's and perhaps go from there.

I think you'll like that putter too! It rolls nice, its steady in the hand and lines up good too. Good luck with it!

i have to be honest, i'm this close to going to golfusa and getting a price on the irons and a Tw9, see what i could get out of my 22's and perhaps go from there.

TC, I wouldn't be surprised if you left after only paying a small amount of money with that trade. You can get WS irons so cheap compared to some of the other companies. I really like my Ci7's and I'm looking forward to the day that I can get my swing good enough to play well with them.

Your first step to move from beginner OEM was to get something you never hit and you did it with the SuperFast. Youre making progress. Another club and you might be moving to the next level of OEM.

CI9_Iron_LG.jpg

MMMMMMM....TC YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T RESIST

Man you guys are forcing me to go have a look at these wedges! lol

TC, I wouldn't be surprised if you left after only paying a small amount of money with that trade. You can get WS irons so cheap compared to some of the other companies. I really like my Ci7's and I'm looking forward to the day that I can get my swing good enough to play well with them.

the only problem is that i would have to order them, and i may upgrade the shafts so i'm not so sure. plus, you usually get ping'd pretty bad trading things in around here. i may be better off trying to sell the 22's outright but then i'd be without clubs for a while and i don't like that.

you know what's funny? i was google'ing some reviews and info about the Ci9's last night and came across a review on golfwrx, and 3/4 of the forum members on that site bashed the crap out of the irons, mostly b/c of the way that they look. not a one of them had even hit them, they were just making fun of them. thank god for THP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back