THP Range Test Results - Ball Flight

I've always thought I hit the ball too low, but after playing with a few guys that balloon it, I'm not sure I'd want to change too much.

I know I hit the ball too low and it almost certainly due to my mechanics. I didn't think that many others hit it too low. Very surprising.

I'd kill for a peak height of 20 yards. I think worms duck when I'm on the tee box.

Cool, I'm a stats nerd so I love seeing real data rather than just perceptions or gut feelings being thrown about (like most "What's your average driving distance?" discussions that rarely match up with reality).

I'm not surprised at all that the number of people hitting lower than ideal was that high, 8 degrees is real low though and like you said, most people should be able to improve that a few degrees with minor tweaks. A lot of people have skewed ideas of what an ideal flight is, maybe they've been playing for so long that they are basing things on older equipment like the balata balls and higher spinning drivers/shafts. I get told that my drives are too high fairly often by guys who are themselves giving up 20+ yards because they're hitting too low or with way too much spin.

Cool, I'm a stats nerd so I love seeing real data rather than just perceptions or gut feelings being thrown about (like most "What's your average driving distance?" discussions that rarely match up with reality).

I'm not surprised at all that the number of people hitting lower than ideal was that high, 8 degrees is real low though and like you said, most people should be able to improve that a few degrees with minor tweaks. A lot of people have skewed ideas of what an ideal flight is, maybe they've been playing for so long that they are basing things on older equipment like the balata balls and higher spinning drivers/shafts. I get told that my drives are too high fairly often by guys who are themselves giving up 20+ yards because they're hitting too low or with way too much spin.

Sounds like you should see this thread...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?72612-Club-Clash

Any still images/renderings as to what ideal flight/launch should look like? Kind of like still images of the shot tracer used on TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've played with a THPer who is legitimately long, and every one of his drives is towering.

I'd take a natural, high ball flight any day, and then learn to flight it lower if needed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

hope to get some flightscope time with the Bio Cell+ this weekend for sure...

Doesn't surprise me that many people hit it too low. 8.2* of launch is incredibly low. I'm ready to learn!

But but but amateurs hit it too high?!

Back in May in Minnesota I know I was hitting it low. I hated it. I love high ball flights. Majestic looking shots. I like majestic.

Got to be honest I always chuckle to myself when people say they hit the ball to high. Glad to see data to back this up.
Launch is your friend if you can launch it and keep your spin down you are golden.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I can see some higher lofts on their drivers and a few tweaks...bet there are some surprised people you tested.

Wow that's crazy. Is "ideal" peak height like 30 yards or something?

Wow that's crazy. Is "ideal" peak height like 30 yards or something?

30 yds is about tour avg iirc and i think it was a Nick Geyer who told T2GRN18 that 33yds is about as high as one wants to go

I am def. in the majority #Lowerthanlow

Interested in more info regarding this and what tweaks were used to help the testers increase ball flight with their current equipment.

During LIITA this year, got to play a round of golf with Cobra's Mike Yagley and he had some fun facts to share with our group around ball flight and technology.

This doesn't surprise me a ton, but it's great info to have. I love this type of stuff and can't wait to hear more about it!

I'm wondering how the test group was selected. Was it a bunch of THPers?

I'm not surprised at the low average launch. I have a pretty good launch as confirmed through fitting, and when I hit it like that, my non thp friends remark at how high I hit it, even though I know it isn't really that high. More launch for me please!

I know I hit my ball too low, definitely interested in more of the data also pertaining to spin, as I am a low ball flight, low spin player

Makes me question my launch angle when I think its too high, maybe thats where I want it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Whoa, that's low. What kind of demographic? How'd they take to the improvements?

Makes me question my launch angle when I think its too high, maybe thats where I want it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
You are not too high.... I am betting for your swing speed your numbers are pretty darn close to ideal

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

That is INCREDIBLY low, and I'm not surprised at all. The vast majority have it in their head that they hit the ball too high, but once you stand next to a pro on the range and watch how high they hit the ball with their driver, then you wake up quickly.

This is good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing more data. I definitely think I'm part of that 75%

Imagine if you took a full swing....

Back