Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

As I've said 100 times, I loved loved loved the 815, this is another league though.

That says so much as the 815 was the best I had played in awhile.

Loving everything I am hearing about this. I game a XR at the moment and excited to see how different the GBB is

In my opinion it is better in every single way. Having played both, I would never ever look back

In my opinion it is better in every single way. Having played both, I would never ever look back
That is what I figured. I really enjoy my XR so I'm excited to see the improvement in distance and forgiveness

Oh jeez I finally got around to testing this outside at my local huge outdoor range/pro shop (Haggin Oaks - Sacramento, CA) and yep, gonna have to justify some budget for it and find my 9.5/11.5 X-Hot's and various shafts new homes.

I'm going to try to hold off until late November then I can justify an "early Christmas present." I'll be lucky to make it to Nov 1. :act-up:

Only had choices to try 9.5/10.5 with KK 50 in R/S or Speeder 65 in R/S and I greatly preferred the KK 50 in either form over the speeders.

Oh jeez I finally got around to testing this outside at my local huge outdoor range/pro shop (Haggin Oaks - Sacramento, CA) and yep, gonna have to justify some budget for it and find my 9.5/11.5 X-Hot's and various shafts new homes.

I'm going to try to hold off until late November then I can justify an "early Christmas present." I'll be lucky to make it to Nov 1. :act-up:

Only had choices to try 9.5/10.5 with KK 50 in R/S or Speeder 65 in R/S and I greatly preferred the KK 50 in either form over the speeders.

The Kuro really really surprised me.

The Kuro really really surprised me.

It surprised me too. I had played the KK (non tini) in a nike covert 2.0, but this one is a different (better) beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my driver came in today and with it brought some disappointment. The club itself is great feeling and performed well. However, it looks like I am a victim of the sliding weight not staying in place after several shots. I took it to the range and after probably 15-20 balls the weight had slid out of the position I set it at. I made sure the wrench clicked when setting it. The really bad part is I bought it used so I don't have a store to bring it back to. Hopefully the seller will work with me on this...

Well my driver came in today and with it brought some disappointment. The club itself is great feeling and performed well. However, it looks like I am a victim of the sliding weight not staying in place after several shots. I took it to the range and after probably 15-20 balls the weight had slid out of the position I set it at. I made sure the wrench clicked when setting it. The really bad part is I bought it used so I don't have a store to bring it back to. Hopefully the seller will work with me on this...

Contact Callaway. Seriously.

That says so much as the 815 was the best I had played in awhile.
Best driver I have ever tested. Ever. I've got pages and pages if data that confirm it compared to others that have come across my doorstep. Its silly.

Contact Callaway. Seriously.

Thanks Jman. Do you think they will do anything since I bought it used from an individual? I completely understand that's the risk you take when buying used and it unfortunately appears I may have lost on this deal. It's a pretty sweet club, which makes it that much more of a bummer.

Thanks Jman. Do you think they will do anything since I bought it used from an individual? I completely understand that's the risk you take when buying used and it unfortunately appears I may have lost on this deal. It's a pretty sweet club, which makes it that much more of a bummer.

You'd be surprised. Regardless of how you procured it, they stand behind their product.

Their CS is fantastic. Won't know until you ask dude but I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of you.

Call 1-877-723-5218. Explain to them the situation and they will make sure you are given all your available options. What have you got to lose, other than a 5 minute phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their CS is fantastic. Won't know until you ask dude but I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of you.

That's great to hear. I appreciate your feedback guys! I'll reach out to them shortly.

You'd be surprised. Regardless of how you procured it, they stand behind their product.

I bought a MXM putter on eBay and the weight kit only had 10 and 15 grams. Missing the 20's. I called Cally to inquire about buying the 20 gram weights. They transferred my call to a lady who said she couldn't take my money but could take my address and that I'd have a new full kit in 3 days. Sure enough the package arrived with a free shine my weight kit.

Third round completed today with a 45" GBB with Rogue I/O 60S in it, absolutely destroying this driver. Legitimately 10-20 yards longer at times than my Big Bertha Alpha/Fubuki combo. Spin rate has to be in the 2200 range with 12 or so degrees of launch. This one is a keeper, and not only long, but extremely forgiving on mishits. Well done Callaway......makes me want to try the 3 wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a complete cosmetic issue, but has anyone else noticed chipping of the paint/coating in the weight track?

This is a complete cosmetic issue, but has anyone else noticed chipping of the paint/coating in the weight track?
Mine has tiny marks from where I secured the weight into various places for my testing for the homepage review, but theyre hardly noticeable unless I look closely.

went to get fitted for the M1 and ended up getting the great big bertha, was getting tired when i was hitting the bertha, but i was getting better ball speed with the bertha off a slower swing speed and the mishits went well to.

went to get fitted for the M1 and ended up getting the great big bertha, was getting tired when i was hitting the bertha, but i was getting better ball speed with the bertha off a slower swing speed and the mishits went well to.

now that is impressive right there.

Well, it is looking like I may be out of luck on getting the club fixed by Callaway. I spoke to their customer service department and since it wasn't purchased at a certified retailer they will not repair it. I can completely understand where they are coming from and I knew this was a risk with buying used. The only other option they gave me was to take it to a local retailer and see if they would send it in under their account. I guess that will be the next step.

On a positive note I did take it out for 12 holes last night and was pounding it toward the end of the round. I had some bad shots with it but that was purely from my faulty swing. It really does have a great sound to it when you put a good swing on it!

Well, it is looking like I may be out of luck on getting the club fixed by Callaway. I spoke to their customer service department and since it wasn't purchased at a certified retailer they will not repair it. I can completely understand where they are coming from and I knew this was a risk with buying used. The only other option they gave me was to take it to a local retailer and see if they would send it in under their account. I guess that will be the next step.

On a positive note I did take it out for 12 holes last night and was pounding it toward the end of the round. I had some bad shots with it but that was purely from my faulty swing. It really does have a great sound to it when you put a good swing on it!

If the club is authentic (I'm not suggesting it isn't) the onus is on them to fix it. It's only just come out on the market, ffs. All that said, I bought one yesterday.

Thats awesome to hear because for me, heel misses are deadly as far as distance is concerned
Have you tried moving back away from the ball a touch?

Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Have you tried moving back away from the ball a touch?

Yes. I used to be way too far away from the ball so I've been trying to stand a little closer. The heel miss comes when I'm a little too close. When I rush my set up at address its when it bites me the hardest. Just gotta make sure I go through my routine

And to add, not only is it a heel miss but it's a trap hook and I'm doomed. Set up and takeaway are key for me and I have to make sure I don't rush either

I need a blue uDesign.

Back