Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Hmm that SC 100 is intriguing. Would be cool to get some numbers instead of just guessing. Does it work for all clubs or mainly just a driver thing

Hmm that SC 100 is intriguing. Would be cool to get some numbers instead of just guessing. Does it work for all clubs or mainly just a driver thing

All clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the review on the homepage, breaks it all down. Solid little device, used mine for a long time.

Guys we have a full review and review thread on the launch monitor. Lets keep this one to the driver.
Thanks.

Any time. That offer is open to any of the granddaddy guys FYI.

If TBaker34 doesn't want it, I would gladly borrow it for a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Check out the review on the homepage, breaks it all down. Solid little device, used mine for a long time.
Just read it. Great review and solid device. I could definitely have some fun practicing with the target mode

But back to the driver

I have mine sitting in my golf bag not doing anything. If you'd like to borrow it till after the Grandaddy, just send me a PM with your current address dude.
Is it worth it to have?

Guys we have a full review and review thread on the launch monitor. Lets keep this one to the driver.
Thanks.
Quote for reference on this one.

On the GBB, I want a udesign, did I say that yet?

The red udesign looks great too but I really like how this looks stock

The red udesign looks great too but I really like how this looks stock

#GlossBlack

The matte is nice, but this driver would literally be perfect for me​ all around if it had a gloss finish.

I'm personally a fan of anything matte.

I'm personally a fan of anything matte.

I want a matte black or matte olive drab Jeep. Anything matte is better to my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit this at the simulator in Golfsmith today. Didn't get as much time with it as I wanted, but was seeing pretty good results with the 9 degree head set to plus one, slider at neutral and the speeder 655 shaft in stiff. Tried a few other shafts, but Speeder felt the best. Cannot wait to get this thing tweaked for me in December. Oh yeah, I'll be going back to Golfsmith a few more times to hit it again. As others have mentioned, love the sound of this driver. And, it was pretty forgiving on both heal and toe misses.

Last edited:
Been struggling with too much spin lately with my X2 Hot and hit the GBB every chance I get on the monitors. Had a fitter at PGA helping me and starting to get dialed in. Ball speed jumps 2-3 mph when I use the Bassara 42 compared to the KK, but my spin stays high and I have the occasional push fade off the planet with it. He put a 55 White Tie in it and may have found the fix. Ball speed was close to the Bassara, launch 13+-, and spin got down to about 2,700-2,800. With the slide set to a little more draw position, I did not have that right miss.

I have been toying with a DBD to get my spin numbers down, which it does in spades. But, I like the forgiveness across the face better with the GBB. Going to give it a few more tries with that setup and see if it is false reading, but like what I see so far.

Sounds pretty lethal BigTex.

Been struggling with too much spin lately with my X2 Hot and hit the GBB every chance I get on the monitors. Had a fitter at PGA helping me and starting to get dialed in. Ball speed jumps 2-3 mph when I use the Bassara 42 compared to the KK, but my spin stays high and I have the occasional push fade off the planet with it. He put a 55 White Tie in it and may have found the fix. Ball speed was close to the Bassara, launch 13+-, and spin got down to about 2,700-2,800. With the slide set to a little more draw position, I did not have that right miss.

I have been toying with a DBD to get my spin numbers down, which it does in spades. But, I like the forgiveness across the face better with the GBB. Going to give it a few more tries with that setup and see if it is false reading, but like what I see so far.

Its not a false reading. Many have tried to pigeon hole this one as a "spinny" release but I have physically seen it cater to high spin and low spin players across the gamut on monitor/range and on the course. Its legit.

And those numbers are NICE dude!

My averages with 12 swings with the speeder shaft were: launch angle 13.6, ball speed 140, spin 2365, carry 240. Very small sample size, really want to play with this club some more.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Solid stuff Misike.

I absolutely adore the Speeder shaft pairing with the GBB......

I absolutely adore the Speeder shaft pairing with the GBB......

I have a playing partner that says the exact same thing. Says its the perfect combination for him.

I have a playing partner that says the exact same thing. Says its the perfect combination for him.
I'm telling you dude, it's something else. I was not a believe at first, and coming from the Fubuki in the alpha I was figuring on having to swap it out. Then add in I lofted this thing up. It's silly long for me. Thank god Doc Hoc and crew are way smarter than I when it comes to club building.

I'm telling you dude, it's something else. I was not a believe at first, and coming from the Fubuki in the alpha I was figuring on having to swap it out. Then add in I lofted this thing up. It's silly long for me. Thank god Doc Hoc and crew are way smarter than I when it comes to club building. An

I remember when I was trying out shafts, like most golfers, I gravitated towards two things. The ones I have played before and liked and the ones that looked cool. I have now tried them all and been fit, but its a fun process and fantastic when you find something that clicks.

I hit one of these for about 20 swings in PGA SS this week. To summarize, looks good, sounds/feels great. Had the 10.5 head set in neutral with the weight towards draw. Had the rogue in x flex in it.

No warm up and was not wearing the right shoes but saw some pretty solid numbers. Launch in the 12.5 to 13 range, spin in the lower 2000s. Club head 113 and ball speed in the low 160s. Not sure I hit the center of the club very often but results were still solid. Was surprised at the lowish spin, was expecting higher and was quite pleased with what I saw.

I think I could out this into play and not miss a beat.

I hit a draw with this yesterday...a draw. I didn't believe it myself, but it was basically the perfect ball flight with a driver IMO. Not sure how it did it, but it happened. nice high draw with great distance. I'm gaining a solid 10-15 yards on seemingly every swing with this over my older Cleveland Classic XL. Absolutely perfect strikes on the Cleveland that would roll out went a total of ~270, and with the GBB I hit two drives yesterday that totaled 280-285. I like that. I'm getting more roll out (less back spin) though, so I don't know if I can attribute the distance from extra carry or more roll, but I think it's a combo of both. Bad strikes are still getting out there as well, which is the most impressive thing. So happy with this driver.

Nice dude, its truly a fantastic head that offers a lot for a WIDE range of golfers!

Back