Taylormade XFT Wedge

anyone actually not like it? only heard good things about it.. (which is good)

thinking about pulling the trigger now.. found a 52 with 9 bounce for 80 bucks with a extra insert. brand new.. hard to pass that up..

I'm in the exact same boat.

OEM kevin is disappointed in both of you......haha

I wasn't wowed by them when I hit them at the first Outing. but for $80 plus an extra insert that's not bad
anyone actually not like it? only heard good things about it.. (which is good)

thinking about pulling the trigger now.. found a 52 with 9 bounce for 80 bucks with a extra insert. brand new.. hard to pass that up..

Lmao, I'm sure its much easier as an adult than a High School Student making minimum wage :D

good point. golf clubs are like kids though, you can never really afford them, but they bring you so much joy.

and when they misbehave they go into time out!
good point. golf clubs are like kids though, you can never really afford them, but they bring you so much joy.

well i got me one now lol 80 bucks for a 52 with extra insert. if i dont like it then il turn around and sell it.. just cudnt pass that up.. just have a very bad feeling that im going to love it then have to get the 56 and 60 also haha

if anyone has a extra z groove insert they are selling let me know! i have a ztp groove id be willing to trade but id buy the regular groove if you wanted to sell.. thank you!

MY MINI REVIEW OF MY NEW XFT 52/ 9 bounce WEDGE

i was like a little kid at christmas tearing apart that box, at first i thought it was ghost because it said taylormade on the box and wasnt expecting the wedge till next week, so i was throwing pieces of that box left and right lol opened it up and there was the wedge i was a little disappointed but then i said wait this is almost as good haha

il break it down what i went through...

First thoughts- it looked really clean, and also thought the face was little bit bigger than my rac tp series wedges..i compared them and it looks slightly bigger but dont know the exact sizes on them.. i compared the weighting of both the xft and rac series and i cud tell the xft was heavier than the rac.. which wasnt a big deal to me meaning this might help some to keep the face down than lifting up with the rac and blading it like everyone does every so often..

outside- i was also testing different balls with it to.. i had i a bstone e6, srixon z star, and taylormade penta..
first 3 swings i could tell a difference in both the rac and xft. the ball sounded different coming of the xft like it was more solid feel and was a little louder sound than the rac.. the ball flew very good on a couple small chips nice low bump and run shot then choked down and it popped up real nice in the air.. i laid into a couple and it flew nice.. was pretty easy to get it into the air. the 60 is prolly very easy to get up off the ground.. all 3 balls sounded good i could definitely feel that the penta was softer and a little spinner than the other 2 but all 3 sounded very good coming off the face...

flop shots- i opened it way up on about 7 shots and just laid into it. 4 where on tight lies the other 3 where a little off the ground on some thicker grass. i was very impressed by all 7 shots the ball got up in the air fast and high, i was very pleased. i usually dont do flop shots with my 52 i use my 60 but it was very easy to use the 52 to get them in the air..

i bladed a couple at the start because i wasnt used to the feel and was just excited to see what the ball was going to do coming off the face since i havent ever used the 3 balls but once i calmed down a little and kept my head down i was very impressed with it, flew very far and good for me..

OVERALL- very good wedge that could possibly be in my bag for a while, just have to do some more testing, because i really love my rac wedges and it wud be hard for me to give them up but this just might do it.

balls- i smashed the penta hard and bladed it pretty good on my second shot and went to look at it and just saw a grass spot and wiped it off, i smiled ear to ear seeing this because i was very concerned about the durability of it, the z star was just as good, and the e6 is more for the driver and i plan on testing all 3 in that spot before i make my mind up but the e6 felt good coming off the wedge to just not as much spin.(as its not suppose to)

edit: i think i might have gained 10 yards or so with the xft wedge. i noticed every time i wud hit a chip shot with my rac and xft the xft would go a little farther and on a full shot the xft went farther also, like i said i noticed the xft weighs more so the weight probably has most to do with this(not saying your going to notice a difference in yardage..but from my racs to the xft i notice a weight difference and some distance differences), but i will continue to test and come back and add on to this review or make another short one... thank you for reading, and sorry if my review didnt help you out..

Last edited:
MY MINI REVIEW OF MY NEW XFT 52/ 9 bounce WEDGE

i was like a little kid at christmas tearing apart that box, at first i thought it was ghost because it said taylormade on the box and wasnt expecting the wedge till next week, so i was throwing pieces of that box left and right lol opened it up and there was the wedge i was a little disappointed but then i said wait this is almost as good haha

il break it down what i went through...

First thoughts- it looked really clean, and also thought the face was little bit bigger than my rac tp series wedges..i compared them and it looks slightly bigger but dont know the exact sizes on them.. i compared the weighting of both the xft and rac series and i cud tell the xft was heavier than the rac.. which wasnt a big deal to me meaning this might help some to keep the face down than lifting up with the rac and blading it like everyone does every so often..

outside- i was also testing different balls with it to.. i had i a bstone e6, srixon z star, and taylormade penta..
first 3 swings i could tell a difference in both the rac and xft. the ball sounded different coming of the xft like it was more solid feel and was a little louder sound than the rac.. the ball flew very good on a couple small chips nice low bump and run shot then choked down and it popped up real nice in the air.. i laid into a couple and it flew nice.. was pretty easy to get it into the air. the 60 is prolly very easy to get up off the ground.. all 3 balls sounded good i could definitely feel that the penta was softer and a little spinner than the other 2 but all 3 sounded very good coming off the face...

flop shots- i opened it way up on about 7 shots and just laid into it. 4 where on tight lies the other 3 where a little off the ground on some thicker grass. i was very impressed by all 7 shots the ball got up in the air fast and high, i was very pleased. i usually dont do flop shots with my 52 i use my 60 but it was very easy to use the 52 to get them in the air..

i bladed a couple at the start because i wasnt used to the feel and was just excited to see what the ball was going to do coming off the face since i havent ever used the 3 balls but once i calmed down a little and kept my head down i was very impressed with it, flew very far and good for me..

OVERALL- very good wedge that could possibly be in my bag for a while, just have to do some more testing, because i really love my rac wedges and it wud be hard for me to give them up but this just might do it.

balls- i smashed the penta hard and bladed it pretty good on my second shot and went to look at it and just saw a grass spot and wiped it off, i smiled ear to ear seeing this because i was very concerned about the durability of it, the z star was just as good, and the e6 is more for the driver and i plan on testing all 3 in that spot before i make my mind up but the e6 felt good coming off the wedge to just not as much spin.(as its not suppose to)

Good review man. Good to hear it doesnt slice good balls to pieces

I would agree that the XFT seems to go further than my A wedge (Taylormade R9). I'm not sure how much more I like the feel yet, but I'll stick with it.

I would agree that the XFT seems to go further than my A wedge (Taylormade R9). I'm not sure how much more I like the feel yet, but I'll stick with it.

i hear ya. i was ify on that part to i didnt know if i liked it or not but i hit some more with it today and its kind of growing on me more and more, i think it was just because i played the racs for so long that i got used to them and how they felt and didnt like any other feel but my racs. these are starting to grow on me though..

i hear ya. i was ify on that part to i didnt know if i liked it or not but i hit some more with it today and its kind of growing on me more and more, i think it was just because i played the racs for so long that i got used to them and how they felt and didnt like any other feel but my racs. these are starting to grow on me though..

Why would you buy a wedge if you were not sure you liked it.

i did like it and do like it, i said i didnt know if i liked the feel once i started hitting it more compared to my rac wedge. just because i was so used to the feel of the rac wedge. i also got a really good deal that i couldnt pass up and saw all the reviews about it and researched it some more and i knew if i hated it i could turn around and sell it and get my money back but also knew there wud be a very good chance i would like it alot and i needed new wedges, my old ones are getting worn out, so thats why i bought it.

Stay tuned for a very cool announcement about these wedges coming up this week.

I'm tuned!

Stay tuned for a very cool announcement about these wedges coming up this week.

my interest level is extremely high right now. i finally had the chance to put my hands on these wedges. i love the weighting!

You have caught my attention. I just put the 60 degree in the bag. The only thing I was crazy about was the grip(personal preference)

Glad everybody is tuned in. We will make the announcement or something like that this Sunday night we believe.

I recently purchased and entire set and put them in my bag.

I love my CG15s and was teetering with even getting the Jaws wedges, but went with these because of the Exchangeable Face Technology. It's going to be more cost effective to replace the face rather than an entire wedge. As the old grooves are phased out, they are going to be increasingly difficult to find. I try to replace my wedges every year that I can afford it. I just see the non-conforming wedges hitting ebay and going for $200 and I'm not real keen on that.

good stuff biggsy. I'm going to try to hold my own wedge shoot out at the next outing between these 3 lines. you bring up an interesting point with the non-conforming wedges hitting the secondary market. If it's close for me I may have to choose the TM's for cost effectiveness

I recently purchased and entire set and put them in my bag.

I love my CG15s and was teetering with even getting the Jaws wedges, but went with these because of the Exchangeable Face Technology. It's going to be more cost effective to replace the face rather than an entire wedge. As the old grooves are phased out, they are going to be increasingly difficult to find. I try to replace my wedges every year that I can afford it. I just see the non-conforming wedges hitting ebay and going for $200 and I'm not real keen on that.

I'm looking forward to using a set of these after I win them!!! Beautiful looking clubs that perform well.

good stuff biggsy. I'm going to try to hold my own wedge shoot out at the next outing between these 3 lines. you bring up an interesting point with the non-conforming wedges hitting the secondary market. If it's close for me I may have to choose the TM's for cost effectiveness

Im leaning towards grabbing a 60* for the same reasons. And right now Edwin Watts is giving a free face plate with your purchase of this wedge.

Im leaning towards grabbing a 60* for the same reasons. And right now Edwin Watts is giving a free face plate with your purchase of this wedge.

I think all the big box stores are doing this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you are right TH.

Yeah, I think it is a promo sponsored by TM to the box stores. The TM website references the end of August as the end date of the offer.

Back