The fire is at my doorstep

I'm glad to hear things are better man. I wish all of you the best. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like there right now.

man, I hope it stays away from you!

Wow! Great pictures, horrible situation. I hope this works out well!

WOW!! That's just crazy!! Do they know the cause? Its not that hot out there though...

Hope all turns out well for you. Those pictures are unreal!!!!!!!! They look like something you see in a movie. Very scary for all those around you for sure.

wow intense photos sacal glad your ok for now. stay safe

Wow. Be careful.

So they lifted the evacuation, and we went home. Watching the news a few hours later we notice the fire is starting to get closer to our house again on the other side of the hill. I walk outside and then run back inside to grab the wife and cats (kid at daycare). The fire had made a 90 degree turn and a 30 foot wall of flames had already engulfed the end of our street. People were running. My wife and I got in our cars and sped away. I have no idea how our house is doing, but it's only stuff, I'm just grateful for our heath and safety. I'm very disappointed in the evacuation notices though. We weren't even supposed to be on the ready to leave, and nobody even came by to tell us to leave.

I hope you still had your stuff you needed packed! thoughts and prayers sacul
So they lifted the evacuation, and we went home. Watching the news a few hours later we notice the fire is starting to get closer to our house again on the other side of the hill. I walk outside and then run back inside to grab the wife and cats (kid at daycare). The fire had made a 90 degree turn and a 30 foot wall of flames had already engulfed the end of our street. People were running. My wife and I got in our cars and sped away. I have no idea how our house is doing, but it's only stuff, I'm just grateful for our heath and safety. I'm very disappointed in the evacuation notices though. We weren't even supposed to be on the ready to leave, and nobody even came by to tell us to leave.

I'm keeping you in my prayers, buddy. I hate that you are in a dangerous situation. Stay safe.

Sacul: Glad to see you have your wits about you, and your family safe! I hope 'the stuff' will make it too. Best wishes.

wow scary close sacal! glad you were paying attention and got outta of dodge! stay safe your in our thoughts

Wow sacul, hope you have good news when you get back on.

Wow! I'm glad you guys got out of there ok the second time around. I think we're all hoping you come back on here with some good news. Stay safe!

Man, glad you guys were able to get out. Stay safe. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

SMG

Wow not only intense pics but very intense times! I am glad that you and your family are safe!

Man, I am really sorry you are having to go through all of this. Some great pictures, thanks for sharing. At least you guy's are safe and sound.

With all of the rain this year its going to be a pretty nasty fire season. Stay safe Sacul.

We hope all is well. Be safe.

BTW... thanks for taking a moment during this to share.

Back at my house right now just to pick up a few things. Fire seems to have receeded from our area. Man, yesterday afternoon as we left it looked like close air support in Vietnam over our house. Helicopters and fixed wing aircraft coming in 100 feet off the deck right over our house about every 10 seconds or so to drop water or fire retardants. One after another after another. Still going when we left. Quite an air show! Our neighborhood was on the news last night... Props to the LAFD and other fire fighters, they are everywhere right now! My family is staying with a friend on base, and we might stay the night tonight, just so we dont have to worry about things... we need to destress!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well-wishes!

Glad you and your family are ok. Now go have a cold one and decompress!

thats great news sacal! glad you are all safe and the house too!

Thank you for the update. I am glad y'all are ok. It sounds like those firefighters have done some top notch work. I hope that they got it under control this time.

Back