The fire is at my doorstep

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
I step out our front door and see the wildfire here in LA about 1 mile off our doorstep, and the winds are/will be blowing it right at us. I'll post pics later, but right now we're scrambling to pack and get out. Say a prayer for us tonight...

I used to live down in San diego. If you can see the flames already GET OUT MAN. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully you wont be able to read this cuz you got out. I can't tell you how many times I used to hear about the old couple that don't want to leave their home cuz of stuff like that.

Prayers with you and your family. Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you got out! that's crazy stuff. let us know how everything is when you get a chance so we know you made it out ok. thoughts and prayers are with you!

Be safe and get the heck out NOW! My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours and everyones safety.

Hope everything's ok, sacul.

wow hope all is well sacal, your in our thoughts...

Hope it doesnt make it to your house bro! Thats just freakin scary! If you need a place to send that new shaft it will be nice and safe at my place!!! In all seriousness hopefully IF you have to leave your home is still there when you get back!

I live here and I didn't know there was a fire! I hope you and your family are out of harms way. Let me know if you need anything!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Hope all's well sacul. Good luck man and stay safe.

wow, this is bad news. Hope you and your family/neighbours are safe sacul.

I used to live down in San diego. If you can see the flames already GET OUT MAN. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully you wont be able to read this cuz you got out. I can't tell you how many times I used to hear about the old couple that don't want to leave their home cuz of stuff like that.
no doubt! i lived in mira mesa when scripps ranch was burning... the fire jumped all 10 lanes of the 15... and i was on a motorcycle at the time...scary...

sacul get as far away as possible

I'm hoping that you're reading this from a safe place and got out quick. Please stay safe and we're all hoping that the fire didn't make it to your house.

get out safe man, all the prayers and best of luck to you and your family

Wow, it really hits home when its not just on the news and you hear it first hand from a fellow THP'er. Stay safe....I will be praying for you and your family.

Wow, you and yours are in my thoughts Sacul. Hope everyone is okay.

Update: we took off last night at 11pm to stay at a hotel on base 30 miles away. This morning they lifted the evacuation orders, so we are back at our house for the time being. Still alot of smoke, but mostly to the west of us. The winds will be from the SW, but hopefully the fire will stay west and north... here are some pictures taken last night with my wife's new dSLR, she's gotten into photography, and I enjoyed trying my hand at it last night. These were taken from our front yard. We are so tired, and not out of the woods yet...

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg

IMG_7763.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Really glad to hear things are fine for the time being, sacul.

Glad to hear you're ok, and your wife has quite a talent there - intense pictures!

dude, those are some surreal pics!

Back