WGC - Bridgestone Invitational [spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my favorite tournaments and last year we gave away a VIP Trip to the event (osahar). This year we have no trip, but we will do a contest because the field is stacked. Stay tuned for that info.

It's too bad we don't have the trip this year, it was an amazing experience for my first PGA event. Bridgestone puts on a great tournament, and they definitely know how to take care of a guest!

Looking forward to the contest.

Wow, that was an awesome prize! It was before my time, but it sounds like a great hook-up, Osahar :)

I'm looking forward to seeing a strong field this week. Oh, and did I hear you say contest!?

Dang Oshar i bet that was awesome, also me likey the contest talk JB

Oh yeah baby, bring on the contest! I'm ready to win one of those type of predict the winners/top finisher contests, my results have been less than stellar up til now in those. This tournament is stacked, what did I read, every single player in the top 50 world rankings is playing, that is awesome!!

winner: westwood
darkhorse: westwood, of course!!!!
disappointment: westwood, of course!!!!

winner: westwood
darkhorse: westwood, of course!!!!
disappointment: westwood, of course!!!!

I dunno TC, I think Westy might do ok this week, and badly, and come from behind, and lead from the front, and drop away, and come back. Don't you think? :wink:

You're missing his press conference at pgatour.com!

I dunno TC, I think Westy might do ok this week, and badly, and come from behind, and lead from the front, and drop away, and come back. Don't you think? :wink:

You're missing his press conference at pgatour.com!

anyone will tell you that i'm a westwood fan, and i'd love to see him get it done this week, but until he can put one away, it's hard to give him the nod.

i just wish that he or phil would quit mucking around and go and get the #1 ranking!!!

anyone will tell you that i'm a westwood fan, and i'd love to see him get it done this week, but until he can put one away, it's hard to give him the nod.

i just wish that he or phil would quit mucking around and go and get the #1 ranking!!!

You're right, it's dragging on longer than the last series of ER. Someone grab that spot and learn how to be the best!

That'll hopefully be another interesting sub-plot this week. Would be good to see all the big guys mixing it up at the top.

You're right, it's dragging on longer than the last series of ER. Someone grab that spot and learn how to be the best!

That'll hopefully be another interesting sub-plot this week. Would be good to see all the big guys mixing it up at the top.

lmao @ the ER reference (hate that show, in fact, i hate any show that takes place in a hospital)

yes, that's what i'm hoping for, phil and lee pushing tiger for the #1 spot, and tiger not wanting to lose it. i'm really looking forward to this tournament.

Anyone know the top of the world ranking scenarios lately? If Phil wins he's gotta be #1 right? Is Westwood that close as well?

Anyone know the top of the world ranking scenarios lately? If Phil wins he's gotta be #1 right? Is Westwood that close as well?

i believe that if westwood wins, then he'd be #1

i believe that if westwood wins, then he'd be #1

Wow. We had a similar scenario a while back where Sergio was right there and could have been #1 in the world. I know you're a Westwood fan and I'm not discounting what he's done but really world #1 without ever having won a major? That seems like a stretch. I know he's a great player though so don't think I'm bashing his abilities, but to be #1 in the world over a guy with 4 and another guy with 14 major wins seems like a reach. But the system is in place, so I guess it's possible.

Wow. We had a similar scenario a while back where Sergio was right there and could have been #1 in the world. I know you're a Westwood fan and I'm not discounting what he's done but really world #1 without ever having won a major? That seems like a stretch. I know he's a great player though so don't think I'm bashing his abilities, but to be #1 in the world over a guy with 4 and another guy with 14 major wins seems like a reach. But the system is in place, so I guess it's possible.

i tend to agree P4B, but it's hard to deny that he might be playing at the highest, most consistent level.

i tend to agree P4B, but it's hard to deny that he might be playing at the highest, most consistent level.

I agree with both of you. It is hard to deny that. Can you imagine when he gets to the Champions Tour and only has to play 3 rounds? I mean he does that now in majors, so when its over after 3, he will be tough to beat. :alien:

he has played more consitant this year than Woods, perhaps more than Mick...but lefty has a major to his name this year so I give him an edge. It would be great to see all 3 of them playing a high level going in to next week

I agree with both of you. It is hard to deny that. Can you imagine when he gets to the Champions Tour and only has to play 3 rounds? I mean he does that now in majors, so when its over after 3, he will be tough to beat. :alien:

look out jacks mark of 18 majors...Westwood may get 19 senior majors

are white pants socially acceptable on the champions tour? hehe

are white pants socially acceptable on the champions tour? hehe

i think he may have to switch to these

Champions+Tour+Q+school+Photo+Shoot+wxhUyYzzeaal.jpg

You guys are cracking me up, Westwood is still over 10 years away and you're already looking forward to his Champions Tour career. He is wicked good for 3 rounds though, but aren't majors on the Champions Tour 4 rounds? So he'll still be majorless. Poor Westy!

In all seriousness I do agree that he is playing the best golf week in and week out right now, it would be strange seeing a world #1 who doesn't own a major title, but then again, when Duval was #1 that was after his win at TPC but before his British Open win so he didn't have a major either. Hard to remember that now.

You guys are cracking me up, Westwood is still over 10 years away and you're already looking forward to his Champions Tour career. He is wicked good for 3 rounds though, but aren't majors on the Champions Tour 4 rounds? So he'll still be majorless. Poor Westy!

and back down to zero...sorry Lee

i can't help but wonder what lee's game would be like if he ever did get that first major under his belt? remember, this is the same sort of conversation that revolved around mr. mickelson for a very, very long time.

aside from winning the masters, phil's been a bit of a disappointment for me this year. i have wanted him to uproot tiger's position at the top for a while now and he just can't seem to get it done. the way he ended his season last year gave me some serious high hopes. c'mon phil!!!!!!

i can't help but wonder what lee's game would be like if he ever did get that first major under his belt? remember, this is the same sort of conversation that revolved around mr. mickelson for a very, very long time.

aside from winning the masters, phil's been a bit of a disappointment for me this year. i have wanted him to uproot tiger's position at the top for a while now and he just can't seem to get it done. the way he ended his season last year gave me some serious high hopes. c'mon phil!!!!!!

I think Lee can go either way. He can go the route of the monkey is off his back and he goes on to win a bunch more majors or he could win that first then relax and not win again because he finally got one under his belt. As for Phil, I don't think he's been a disappointment. Sure, as part of the viewing public we would've liked him to win more events but realistically he's got other, non Tiger like, issues to worry about at home and he still won the Masters. You're right though that if there's a time where someone can knock off Tiger on his perch these 2 years would be it and Phil seems and is the people's favorite to take over that slot.

well, i just think that it's been fairly annoying how many chances he's had to take over the #1 spot only to do nothing. there's no doubt that this is something that he wants, so go and get it!!!

Back