The Bubba Watson Thread

Heard something interesting on the radio tonight that made me think... If Bubba wins 6 more times on the PGA tour, he'll have 15 wins with 2 major championships.

Does that get him into the WGHOF?

Yup. He'll deserve it.

I thought the same as well. Not first ballot, but with those numbers I can't see how he couldn't.
Two green jackets and 15 wins? That's as many PGA Tour wins and one more green jacket than Freddie Couples. Bubba has the resume.

Soon they'll run out of people to get in the hof. Bubs is almost a shoe in.

Take that as you will.

Why can't someone not be an asshole? Is that too much to ask?

The entire idea that "I only care about the golf" is such a flawed argument. It just means he has not reached your threshold of intolerance yet.

Well said.

It's funny, the only time I think about Bubba is when this thread pops up. Other wise he doesn't cross my mind, out of site out of mind.

It's funny, the only time I think about Bubba is when this thread pops up. Other wise he doesn't cross my mind, out of site out of mind.
He doesn't seem to move the needle much, and when he does, it seems to be on the negative side, I wonder what Ping thinks of that? Does anyone know how long his contract is with them?

He doesn't seem to move the needle much, and when he does, it seems to be on the negative side, I wonder what Ping thinks of that? Does anyone know how long his contract is with them?

I think he moves the needle in a big way. He seems to be hated by most serious golf fans. But I bet he is on the top 10 of most recognizable golfers to casual fans. When I play with casual golfers they always are talking about how long he is or the ridiculous shots he hits. They have no clue anybody hates him.

I think he moves the needle in a big way. He seems to be hated by most serious golf fans. But I bet he is on the top 10 of most recognizable golfers to casual fans. When I play with casual golfers they always are talking about how long he is or the ridiculous shots he hits. They have no clue anybody hates him.

The only reason my daughter notices him is because of his pink driver.

He is. Read a marketing article awhile back and it pointed out Watson scored 68% on appeal rating (likability rating basically) Phil had something like 52% and Tiger at 17%.

He is. Read a marketing article awhile back and it pointed out Watson scored 68% on appeal rating (likability rating basically) Phil had something like 52% and Tiger at 17%.
I wouldn't have guessed that big of a gap between Tiger and Phil.

I wouldn't have guessed that big of a gap between Tiger and Phil.
Cheating on your wife knocks it down a bit I guess. I would like to know what his rating was pre-fire hydrant rodeo.

Cheating on your wife knocks it down a bit I guess. I would like to know what his rating was pre-fire hydrant rodeo.

I bet it was through the roof.

The most recent issue of Golf Digest has a poll saying people are 57% (or was it 52%?) more likely to watch a tournament if Bubba is in it. He's ahead of Tiger in that Poll, too, but not by as much. He's only behind four others in that regard. Spieth, Day, Fowler and one other (didn't have my coffee yet, so can't remember, LOL)

I don't think most people are as critical of Bubba as the folks in this forum, myself included. I just putting energy into his outburst and he has slipped off my mental radar. b*tch'n about him accomplishes nothing for me.

Hate him or hate him, this is pretty smooth.

Come on have a good year so we can be rid of him forever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hate him or hate him, this is pretty smooth.

Saw he played with Mark Walburg at the PB pro am today. Wonder how those get along with Mark's swagger and bubba's bible

Oh that was slick, the shot.

Saw he played with Mark Walburg at the PB pro am today. Wonder how those get along with Mark's swagger and bubba's bible

That had matching outfits on as well.

The Bubba Watson Thread

I read that was one of the reasons Bubba played this year was to be paired with Walburg. Apparently they're friends.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/14727781/this-year-pebble-beach-pro-crosby-clambake-throwback

"Not too long ago, he said with a smile, actor Mark Wahlberg committed to play in the event, which consists of at least 54 holes on the three-course rotation for the amateur competitors. The next day, his friend and two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson committed, too, in part to play with his buddy."

Asperger's bro's talking to their imaginary friends (or teddy bears).

ubYofKD.png

Cant remember the article but a a couple years ago I read where tiger woods was voted in top 10 as the worst tipper of all time

His caddie, Ted Scott, says:
“He loves to play. He is truly, in the purest sense, a golfer. He never thinks about technique, and I’d guess he plays more rounds of golf than anyone on tour by a long way. During a tournament, instead of hitting balls, he’ll go play nine holes at a local course. And sometimes he’ll play with just three clubs, or hit all draws, or all fades. That’s his practice, hitting golf shots on a golf course.”

From the article: http://golfstateofmind.com/what-you...a+Watson+Email&utm_campaign=Weekly+Post+Email

I believe Bubba has a hard time socially, but, I think Fowler is a good dude. Fowler thinks Bubba is a good dude, therefore, I have to side with Rickie.

I don't root for Bubba to win tournaments, but in my 50 years of watching golf, I've never seen anyone like him. What's the term..."savant"? I marvel at his strange skill with a golf club.

I believe Bubba has a hard time socially, but, I think Fowler is a good dude. Fowler thinks Bubba is a good dude, therefore, I have to side with Rickie.

I don't root for Bubba to win tournaments, but in my 50 years of watching golf, I've never seen anyone like him. What's the term..."savant"? I marvel at his strange skill with a golf club.

I agree and very well put.

Back