2010 PGA Championship (SPOILERS)

i don't think anyone gave anything away today. i think that they all played great for the most part. kaymer made some huge putts to get into the playoff. i don't think anyone threw anything away. bubba, like phil, obviously has the mentality of "go for it". so what? it's what we like to watch. think about phil's shot at augusta from the pine needles, that's just phil being phil.

And that is the reason he has 4 majors instead of about 8. Just makes absolutely ridiculous decisions. Playing to win for me means not plaing like you are a shot behind when you are a shot ahead and Phil is the master of playing every hole with a stubborn refusal to take stock into what he needs to do like I have never seen.

And that is the reason he has 4 majors instead of about 8. Just makes absolutely ridiculous decisions. Playing to win for me means not plaing like you are a shot behind when you are a shot ahead and Phil is the master of playing every hole with a stubborn refusal to take stock into what he needs to do like I have never seen.

Do you know how few guys in recent history have 4 majors? Say what you want, but going for it wins as well. Its the reason Bubba was where he was on the leaderboard, the reason Phil has 4 majors, etc...

And the reason that people are sitting around analyzing them on forums and TV. These guys put on a show today.

Why are we talking about Phil?

I hope Bubba and DJ walk with their heads held high. They sure had us on the edge of our seats. I can't wait to see them play again. My favorite players to watch list just keeps growing.

so you're saying that in 4 other majors, phil has had the lead, a one stroke lead, with a hole or two to go, and he gave away the championship? please refresh my memory.

It's just my opinion that guys just utterly refuse to take their medicine when they hit one into the deep stuff. If you absolutely have to go for it to have a chance then def. go for it but they do it consistently and then pay the price. Like they have done it before might as well try again mentality, never bothering to try to get percentages when the need arises. And bubba the need just arose.

Reactions: JB
I agree weezy, simply because he was not playing from behind and was playing to one of the toughest pin's possible out of the rough. Bubba played extremely well today and from the short stuff and long right could have really put the pressure on Kaymer to get the ball to a better spot from a buried lie.

I'm just glad DJ missed that putt...that would have been a catastrophe if he woulda gone from winning to 5th.

Gee, I don't get it. Golf is about making a decision on the right shot. Bubba came up short because he went for it. Nice try, but it cost him.

so you're saying that in 4 other majors, phil has had the lead, a one stroke lead, with a hole or two to go, and he gave away the championship? please refresh my memory.

Winged foot, whistling straits in 04 i think ,the britsh last year, he plays hiself into contention but won't calm down when his omentum shifts, done it tons of times. How is this new information its really the only fault Phil has is his decision making.

Yeah but Phil tried his best to give that masters away on 17 with that shot outta the trees that cleared the water by about 2 yards. And who can forget winged foot, that was a clinique of what not to do.

It was 13. If you are going to bash someone, especially for playing good golf, at least get it right.

I'm just glad DJ missed that putt...that would have been a catastrophe if he woulda gone from winning to 5th.

I think it really stinks regardless. He missed the playoff.

What some may not notice that stood out to me, was the rules. They did declare that all bunkers designed as bunkers would be in effect and would be played as is regardless of foot prints, heel prints, tire tracks etc...

However, they didn't clarify what "designed as bunkers" meant and that really has nothing to do with whether or not this was one of those designed bunkers.

Winged foot, whistling straits in 04 i think ,the britsh last year, he plays hiself into contention but won't calm down when his omentum shifts, done it tons of times. How is this new information its really the only fault Phil has is his decision making.

to me that's the kicker! you implied that he had the lead, made bad decisions and lost majors, when the truth is, he played himself into contention by pulling off so many of those shots. dude, i am a phil fan and would love to see him throttle back, trust me, but it's that style of play that has allowed him to have 4 major titles, if he played any other way, he may not have them.

bubba's reasoning for playing the way he played is for bubba and bubba only. it's easy for us to criticize him, but let's be honest, he wouldn't have even been in contention if it weren't for playing that way. he hits driver when he shouldn't but it's just his game. it's helped him win once and obviously cost him, but i'm sure it's just what he trusts the most.

to me that's the kicker! you implied that he had the lead, made bad decisions and lost majors, when the truth is, he played himself into contention by pulling off so many of those shots. dude, i am a phil fan and would love to see him throttle back, trust me, but it's that style of play that has allowed him to have 4 major titles, if he played any other way, he may not have them.

bubba's reasoning for playing the way he played is for bubba and bubba only. it's easy for us to criticize him, but let's be honest, he wouldn't have even been in contention if it weren't for playing that way. he hits driver when he shouldn't but it's just his game. it's helped him win once and obviously cost him, but i'm sure it's just what he trusts the most.

I agree with you i just said it more dbish haha

Ain't it about bed time for you tykes, ima send jb a shoehorn to wedge you guys out of his crack your dug in like ticks!

There's no need for that weezy. Let's give everyone the same respect you would give them on the course.

excuse me weezy? you can keep your dummbass comments to yourself about me son. I'm a 40y man and I dont care for your bs comments about Bubba has nothing to do with JB

Ain't it about bed time for you tykes, ima send jb a shoehorn to wedge you guys out of his crack your dug in like ticks!

While I don't agree with Bubba's shot, I sure as heck don't agree with this. Way out of line here weezy!

While I don't agree with Bubba's shot, I sure as heck don't agree with this. Way out of line here weezy!

Come on people it was a joke! Why take digs at me over my comments in the first place!

excuse me weezy? you can keep your dummbass comments to yourself about me son. I'm a 40y man and I dont care for your bs comments about Bubba has nothing to do with JB

There's no need for that weezy. Let's give everyone the same respect you would give them on the course.

This comment is beyond uncalled for.

There's no need for that weezy.

Thank you

Back