2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

I hear you play with those two a lot. What's their drinks of choice? I may somehow find a few bottles in my bag when we get to Alabama :)
I am ashamed to say that I have no idea what the drink of choice for these fine gentlemen may be, but I say we try to get 'em loaded on something!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So buddy, in the spirit of nicknames, do you want to be IceyMay, MayShanks or maybe IceNard?!?!

Regardless of your choice I think you shall get branded IceNard as you brought it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So buddy, in the spirit of nicknames, do you want to be IceyMay, MayShanks or maybe IceNard?!?!

Hmmm have to do IceyMay...

Looking forward to playing a round with our first round opponents. Will be the first. Get ready for a fun, competitive and sportsmanlike round.

At the same time no we are out to win!

Looking forward to playing a round with our first round opponents. Will be the first. Get ready for a fun, competitive and sportsmanlike round.

IceyMay sounds good to me!

I'm voting for ShankNards.

On a little more serious note, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and playing with (and against) you.

With the day 1 pairings and formats out today, I was looking more at the Pinehurst format since I've never played it before.
Looks like there's a little more than meets the eye when considering that 3rd shot.

With the day 1 pairings and formats out today, I was looking more at the Pinehurst format since I've never played it before.
Looks like there's a little more than meets the eye when considering that 3rd shot.

There really is. It can be a ton of fun and a ton of strategy.

Will be my first time playing Pinehurst as well. But following along with events of the past know that third shot takes some thought process.

Pinehurst requires a good bit of strategy. Don't look at it and think it's easy peasy.

Team Wookie will be ready.

So will team Ceagle.

The wookie got shot and lost his long time sidekick.
Pinehurst requires a good bit of strategy. Don't look at it and think it's easy peasy.

Team Wookie will be ready.

So will team Ceagle.

What a day at work, just now catching up on the thread. Super excited!

Round 1 Matchup
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Pinehurst

Chump Fries & Johnny Mojo
Amsmith61 & OITW

Soxfan & Jhoefer99
War Eagle & #Cookie

Brianmk24 & tanker337
mmaynard11 & Icey Shanks

Jeff Spicoli & DawgDaddy
mikedean441 & Tadashi70

e1iterate & JohnSinVA
Girardcorp and Willwhite

cpljohnst & T0AD
dhartmann34 & Just_Hacking

Busy day at work, and tonight, but I was able to follow the periscope of JB and GG setting up the pairings. The first round format and teams looks amazing. I can't believe how good these pairings came out. Not sure who wins this. But this is going to be fantastic to follow.

I am pumped up for everyone to get on these courses, you guys are in for a treat. Add in to the mix that Kentwool is a fantastic sponsor for this one, and THP is doing what only THP can do...It's going to be an effing epic 2016 Kickoff.

I am pumped up for everyone to get on these courses, you guys are in for a treat. Add in to the mix that Kentwool is a fantastic sponsor for this one, and THP is doing what only THP can do...It's going to be an effing epic 2016 Kickoff.

What are some of you favorite holes? Do we have a review thread?

What are some of you favorite holes? Do we have a review thread?
I LOVE the Par 3s on the Lakes Course. #8 and #15 are perhaps my two favorite par 3s I have ever played. Both are tricky, not long, but require an accurate shot.

I LOVE the Par 3s on the Lakes Course. #8 and #15 are perhaps my two favorite par 3s I have ever played. Both are tricky, not long, but require an accurate shot.

The pictures look fantastic.

Did some prep work at the range hit two buckets.

My second bucket was dedicated to this event, I played 14 of the 18 holes off of the scorecard/course tour from the tips (since we are playing #truth golf and there are some serious uphill approach shots i felt this was a good way to prepare.

Was a great exercise and i am feeling confident after tonights session.

The one time I played there 8-10 years ago on the Lakes course I lost one ball and it was a push shot on #15, I thought I was going to make it around with the same ball but didn't happen. This time I will try harder to play that same ball. :smile:

Some really great pairings. Can't wait to follow

The one time I played there 8-10 years ago on the Lakes course I lost one ball and it was a push shot on #15, I thought I was going to make it around with the same ball but didn't happen. This time I will try harder to play that same ball. :smile:
Many balls have been lost on that hole. Not exactly the easiest Par 3 out there...

Loving the updated on prep but let's get our prep work into one of the appropriate practice threads. This will extend this event to the rest of the forum. And at the end of the day we want everyone to be included in what we are doing.

I like it.....par 3's are my specialty.

Along the nickname game, I think you can refer to Johnny and myself as Mo Fries

Along the nickname game, I think you can refer to Johnny and myself as Mo Fries

I was leaning toward Mochumps

Back