Kentwool Kickoff Classic - Travel & Extra Rounds thread

This was going to be my plan, as well. Drive over, catch up with everyone that's there, hit the short course and have a freaking blast, do some 'short' work, and be ready for the weekend.
does the short course have rolling rock? Asking for a friend.

I'd love to play a full length course since I've never been to AL, but I'm down for whatever the majority want. Maybe Scott and I can stop somewhere on the way between Columbus and Auburn.

I'd love to play a full length course since I've never been to AL, but I'm down for whatever the majority want. Maybe Scott and I can stop somewhere on the way between Columbus and Auburn.

The more I've been thinking about it the more I'd like to play one of the regular courses on Friday. I assume there's no THP round on Sunday so I'm thinking of playing the short that morning before leaving. Nothing set in stone, just the current mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait are the competitive rounds Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday? I'm so confused sorry

Wait are the competitive rounds Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday? I'm so confused sorry

I'm curious too. I would guess since there are 2 full rounds to be played that both would be on Saturday but I'm just guessing.

I'm curious too. I would guess since there are 2 full rounds to be played that both would be ok Saturday but I'm just guessing.

There's usually one on sat and one on sun... But since I said that I'm probably wrong. I'm pretty sure the competitive rounds are sat/sun since the practice round is friday

The rounds are Saturday and Sunday.
Meet and Greet Friday evening.

We will have a full itinerary up soon for everybody.

If you're going to go through Columbus, go early and head to Bull Creek.

I'll be headed back to ATL Sunday night if anyone needs a ride back to the airport.

I'll be flying on Monday morning, so count me in as one who's headed back (in no particular hurry) on Sunday night.

I'll be flying on Monday morning, so count me in as one who's headed back (in no particular hurry) on Sunday night.

You got it. Shoot me a pm with your cell.

JB or mikedean441-

Is it possible to get a discounted rate at the Marriott for extra nights?

Cookie as you mentioned in the other thread I may need to call you out. My partner won't be there. Maybe someone else from each team will want to do a call out and make up the 4 some.

Cookie as you mentioned in the other thread I may need to call you out. My partner won't be there. Maybe someone else from each team will want to do a call out and make up the 4 some.

Perfect. Would love that man.

JB or mikedean441-

Is it possible to get a discounted rate at the Marriott for extra nights?
Yeah let me reach out and see what they can do

Perfect. Would love that man.

Once we get closer one of us can start a thread. Can't wait to play a round with you. Hard to believe it's taken us this long to make that happen!

I may be in the minority in thinking for this one, but with THP and Kentwool getting this event all set up for us, and RTJ giving us a killer rate, instead of callouts, how about some Live Course Reviews?

I may be in the minority in thinking for this one, but with THP and Kentwool getting this event all set up for us, and RTJ giving us a killer rate, instead of callouts, how about some Live Course Reviews?

Works for me. Cookie I'd still love to play a round with ya!

Works for me. Cookie I'd still love to play a round with ya!

That's not my call though dude. I'll leave that up to THP or Events Coordinator 441.

But I think a live review would be freaking awesome for those following along for the weekend!

Can still do match play for prep, of course!

Love this idea and would just throw this out...... Some people simply will not be able or inclined to call out, so why not both? I am trying to set up something for Thursday actually, and would be happy to volunteer for a live course review!

JM

I like it. Match play still totally doable without the call out formality.

I like it. Match play still totally doable without the call out formality.

That's what I am thinking. Get a little time in with the various formats. I am a Match Play, Pinehurst and Alternate Shot virgin.

All the ideas getting tossed out today sound great to me

If you're going to go through Columbus, go early and head to Bull Creek.

I have played it several times and it is a great little course, lots of fun.

There is a distinct chance that the MoFries team will be prepping on Saturday!

JM

There is a distinct chance that the MoFries team will be prepping on Saturday!

JM

If you guys are prepping on Saturday, looks like the Marauders will win that match by default! :alien:

Assuming you meant Friday but couldn't resist the little dig!

Back