THP Fall Outing Pairings/Tee Times

WR, Danilo. You guys discuss what tees you want to play from? I'd like to play blacks, but I am concerned about my distance. I'll play whatever is the consensus though.

Same goes for Sunday with bama,G4L and Dini. You guys talked about it at all?

haha I like the grand entrance idea :smile: We moved you guys to the end just because you were a 3 some so we thought that would work better. That is why I was originally at the end because my group was a threesome. Hopefully there won't be a lot of waiting by anyone and we can just zip on through and enjoy the day and then relax at dinner.

No worries GG, I'm sure everything will work out just fine.

Grand Entrance it is!!

WR, Danilo. You guys discuss what tees you want to play from? I'd like to play blacks, but I am concerned about my distance. I'll play whatever is the consensus though.

Same goes for Sunday with bama,G4L and Dini. You guys talked about it at all?

I will play from wherever. My buddies tell me I am nuts for thinking about playing from the tips which is just enough reason for me to do it!!! Whatever you and Danilo want to do will work for me.

I will play from wherever. My buddies tell me I am nuts for thinking about playing from the tips which is just enough reason for me to do it!!! Whatever you and Danilo want to do will work for me.

Nuts does seem to be the general consensus when I tell people that too. What length plays best for everybody's game?

Black 7048
Gold 6727
Blue 6373
White 5984
Red 5145

Truth be told, I'm a little concerned about my carry on 18 with the water. Blue or Gold definitely seems like the smarter thing to do, but then we can't say we played the tips, so I don't know. We could just say screw it and play from the reds?? Haha

Regarding the tips at PGA National. Don't feel obligated to play them because others are. Consider this, it's 7048 yards and it's going to play roughly 4 strokes over your handicap. The blacks are 6727 and will play roughly two strokes over your handicap. The blues are 6373 and will play to your handicap.

I always look at the par 3's. That's a decent gauge of difficulty when selecting tees.

The first par 3 is all carry over water from every box.

The second par 3 is long, but the water should not come into play.
http://pgamembersclub.com/golf/video/video.php?mv=7

The last two par threes from the tips is all carry over water, but not the gold or blue.

http://pgamembersclub.com/golf/video/video.php?mv=17

Par 3 distances:
Black (tips): 171, 226, 179, 172
Gold: 152, 206, 163, 161
Blue: 138, 186, 153, 155

For pace of play it's better if everyone plays from the same tees. If not, same carts playing from the same tees (2 and 2) is ok. Three or four different tee boxes will make a mess of things. You can always decide the day of as well.

I'm playing the tips because how often will you get to do that at PGA National.

Regarding the tips at PGA National. Don't feel obligated to play them because others are. Consider this, it's 7048 yards and it's going to play roughly 4 strokes over your handicap. The blacks are 6727 and will play roughly two strokes over your handicap. The blues are 6373 and will play to your handicap.

I always look at the par 3's. That's a decent gauge of difficulty when selecting tees.

The last two par threes from the tips is all carry over water, but not the gold or blue.

Par 3 distances:

For pace of play it's better if everyone plays from the same tees. If not, same carts playing from the same tees (2 and 2) is ok. Three or four different tee boxes will make a mess of things. You can always decide the day of as well.

I'm with ya pal! We can ride together and ad and his dad can play a tee up if they'd like.

That's why I'm debating it biggsy. Just to say that I did. How cool would that be? That 226 yard par 3 will kill me though. There lies the toss up.

That's why I'm debating it biggsy. Just to say that I did. How cool would that be? That 226 yard par 3 will kill me though. There lies the toss up.
There is room in front of the green, so it might be the easier of the par 3's being that there isn't a forced carry. I posted the video above. If you aren't a longer hitter, you could lay up, chip up and putt for par. The other par 3's can kill you being that it's all carry and then you have to go to a drop area hitting 3 if you don't carry.

No matter where you play from it will be an excellent test of all of your golf skills.

Par 3 distances:

RA (reputation added). I totally agree Biggsy.

Playing from the tips will enhance my experience. I may shoot higher, but I will get the full experience of playing The Champion. Heck, it is really only a difference of club selection if you think about it. Instead of, for example, Driver/7i I will hit a Driver 5i. All par 5's are going to be hit in 3 no matter which tee I am playing from, so the difference is minimal if you think about it that way.

Playing the blacks sure won't kill anyone though, so I shoot 10 or so over my handicap, that doesn't matter to me! This isn't the club championship or anything, I'd really be sad if I didn't do it. Think of watching the Honda next year knowing you played the holes as close to the pros conditions as you could.

Playing the blacks sure won't kill anyone though, so I shoot 10 or so over my handicap, that doesn't matter to me! This isn't the club championship or anything, I'd really be sad if I didn't do it. Think of watching the Honda next year knowing you played the holes as close to the pros conditions as you could.
I'm with you. I'm expecting to get my teeth kicked in, in hopes of getting 1 or 2 birdies.

I will go with the flow, but if I have the choice, I'll be playing from the blues. I want a challenge, but I also want to have a good time and have a chance at shooting a decent score. I'm thinking the blues will be a challenge for me anyway. I admire those of you that want to play from the tips!

I will go with the flow, but if I have the choice, I'll be playing from the blues. I want a challenge, but I also want to have a good time and have a chance at shooting a decent score. I'm thinking the blues will be a challenge for me anyway. I admire those of you that want to play from the tips!

That is where another from the group on Sunday wants to play, as well. I will do whatever you guys want.

That is where another from the group on Sunday wants to play, as well. I will do whatever you guys want.

That's cool JB ;) Like I said, I'm not going to be the guy that expects everybody to cater to me.

That's cool JB ;) Like I said, I'm not going to be the guy that expects everybody to cater to me.

Leave that for me. I do it well. HAHA

SethO and I talked about playing the tips on Sunday...the back 9 scares me a little with the yardage. I don't think I will play the tips on Sunday. Sunday I would like to play a comfortable yardage.

SethO and I talked about playing the tips on Sunday...the back 9 scares me a little with the yardage. I don't think I will play the tips on Sunday. Sunday I would like to play a comfortable yardage.

Do you mean Saturday?

Yeah I agree with you dec, I'll play the back tees at the Champions but on Sunday at the Palmer I'll probably play a tee box or two up from the tips. Ease back a little!!

My apologies in advance for playing devil's advocate:

I would hope that the people who do play the tips have at least broken 80 at least once in the last year. I also hope that the people playing the tips incorporate some form of ESC (Equitable Stroke Control) to maintain pace of play. If you're at double-bogey or worse, pick up and go to the next hole. I know it's fun to say you played from where the pro's played. But, if every player in the group shoots 10 shots worse than normal, that's 40 extra shots, which is probably 30 minutes of extra golf. I can only speak for myself, but, I don't want to play a 6 hour round of golf.

I would hope that the people who do play the tips have at least broken 80 at least once in the last year. I also hope that the people playing the tips incorporate some form of ESC (Equitable Stroke Control) to maintain pace of play. If you're at double-bogey or worse, pick up and go to the next hole. I know it's fun to say you played from where the pro's played. But, if every player in the group shoots 10 shots worse than normal, that's 40 extra shots, which is probably 30 minutes of extra golf. I can only speak for myself, but, I don't want to play a 6 hour round of golf.

I would agree to not playing a 6 hour round. I have broken 80 this year. I think the tips are going to me too much for me to score well, but I don't expect to be hitting 6 from 170 yards away from the green.

I am only speaking for myself here and I hope it doesn't come out like I am taking offense to your post because I'm not. I am planning on playing the tips with Biggsy, I've broken 80 plenty of times this year and would like to think that I will at least be able to keep it respectable, I don't imagine allowing the longer course to negatively impact my pace of play at all. I completely understand where you're coming from though. That could get a bit messy if we had 20 of our 40+ golfers playing 3 tee boxes too far back.

I agree with this 100%. I know Im not good enough to play the tips and have no intenetion of trying. I just dont think it would be that fun and dont care to try either. UNLESS, one of these new unreleased drivers taps into my inner Biggsy and I start hitting 320 yard real life bombs!!! BRING ON THE TIPS!!

Back