Round Time For You?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You are playing a new course that is pretty difficult. Lots of water and bunkers throughout. Its going to play 6450 yards today.
You are the first group off and playing as a twosome and your playing partner is identical to you (think of it as a clone).

You are using riding carts, as the distance between holes is way too far to walk and you are going to play at your normal skill level and pace.

How long does it take you to finish the round?

First off with a cart on an unknown course....I'll say 2 hrs and 15 mins

I would say we would probably finish in roughly 3 hours.

No more than 3.5 hours, I'd say. I really have no idea. I'm a pretty quick player, though.

I'd probably say 2.5 - 3 hrs for a new course. I figure we would play a bit slower since we don't know it and have no indications from a group ahead.

Under 3 for sure. Will depend how I am playing that day however. 2.5 is certainly not out of the question.

A twosome first off, identical to me. Should be no more than 3 hours, but I'll go ahead and say 3 hours and 15 minutest allowing for newness and difficulty factors.

Probably 3ish since we werent "rushing"

Right around 3 hours, maybe a touch more or less.

I think my two some would finish in 2 hours and 40 minutes. If we knew the course, maybe less. That assumes there is no one in front of us. We play three somes when the numbers work out, and when I'm in the first group with similar partners,, we finish routinely in right at 3 hours. We usually have the first tee times, so, it's clear sailing.

I'm guessing 3 hours. New course, hazards, etc.

Depends on how well I play that day. Normally I can do 3-3 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
3.5 hours, smooth pace equals smooth round

I would say 3 hours.

2.5 hours

First off with a cart on an unknown course....I'll say 2 hrs and 15 mins

The more I think about this I think 8-10 mins/hole is probably more likely. I've played 18 on a familiar course with 3 people in 3 hrs, so 2 on an unknown course is probably just under 3 hrs. That is my final answer!

A little under 3 hours.

I'm about as fast a player as one will ever see.. still, with it being a new course fraught with trouble, I'd say 2:30

3 hours on the nose.....or there abouts.

I'd have to think 3-3.5 hours.

A twosome first off, identical to me. Should be no more than 3 hours, but I'll go ahead and say 3 hours and 15 minutest allowing for newness and difficulty factors.

I agree. If there is a lot of trouble that we get into and issues with finding balls then over 3hrs but if playing well and don't get too thrown by doglegs or blind shots then under 3hrs.

3-3.5 hours.

2:15 to 2:30 if playing at our normal pace. My nephew and I have done this several times. If we really tried we could get it to 2 hours, fairly confident of that.

i would expect 2.5 but could be as long as 3 hours depending how well we are playing.

Back