2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Time for the treadmill and a sweatsuit!

Kidding. Congrats on meeting your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treadmill will be done today.
And cleaning out and loading up tour van. Between the two I think I get there.

Weigh in today is 186. Goal for the PGA show is 185 and I leave for it tomorrow. One day of really clean eating and I think I get there but the time we arrive.

It's been a fun task and it's not over yet. 175 by club clash is in my sights.

Congrats buddy, drop that final lb!

I lost alot this week, and have officially lost 14.8lbs since starting WW on 1/2/15. Today I received my keychain and 5% charm. So much motivation within myself

I lost alot this week, and have officially lost 14.8lbs since starting WW on 1/2/15. Today I received my keychain and 5% charm. So much motivation within myself

Atta girl Kortney! That's fantastic!

Thats fantastic Mrs V.
However based on Phil's taste in Kardashians, make sure you dont go all Kate Moss on him.

Somehow working out and eating better has caused me to gain 1.5lbs. I am not discouraged though, it could be anything. Could be water weight, could be muscle building so I am not going to let it get me down. I have a goal to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. I know it's a bit lofty, but I believe it can happen, and I know more than anything it's going to start in the kitchen.

Speaking of, whenever I am tired and don't really feel like cooking this is my new go-to chicken dish. It's super easy, delicious and takes no effort at all. I sub the drumsticks for breasts and bake them for about 20-25 minutes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/baked-chicken-with-dijon-and-lime.html. I always make extra and use the chicken in a salad for lunch the next day.

Somehow working out and eating better has caused me to gain 1.5lbs. I am not discouraged though, it could be anything. Could be water weight, could be muscle building so I am not going to let it get me down. I have a goal to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. I know it's a bit lofty, but I believe it can happen, and I know more than anything it's going to start in the kitchen.

Speaking of, whenever I am tired and don't really feel like cooking this is my new go-to chicken dish. It's super easy, delicious and takes no effort at all. I sub the drumsticks for breasts and bake them for about 20-25 minutes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/baked-chicken-with-dijon-and-lime.html. I always make extra and use the chicken in a salad for lunch the next day.

That looks really good. I bet that on a salad with some sun dried tomatoes would be delicious.

That looks really good. I bet that on a salad with some sun dried tomatoes would be delicious.

It's delicious, I have made it a half dozen times now and it's foolproof. The lime is the main flavor with just a hint of Dijon. Even JB said the house smelled good last night when I was making it, and normally he isn't fond of my healthier food.

It's delicious, I have made it a half dozen times now and it's foolproof. The lime is the main flavor with just a hint of Dijon. Even JB said the house smelled good last night when I was making it, and normally he isn't fond of my healthier food.

The house smelled really good.

Im a mustard fan, so I bet the dijon w/ lime is amazing.

Trying to decide how to use my 30 WW points ... I need to decide soon, because I getting hungry! I wish trying to decide what to eat burned calories! The point system is a bit foreign me.

For WW people, I highly recommend these, they are 1 point per hot dog and if you got bun-less with mustard and saukraut (that's how I like it) the points are only in the hot dog, so you can have 5 if you wanted, but 2 is always more than enough for me.

ball-park-dog-e1327612651629.jpg

Trying to decide how to use my 30 WW points ... I need to decide soon, because I getting hungry! I wish trying to decide what to eat burned calories! The point system is a bit foreign me.

I have found the key for me is making extra food the night before for dinner, and then having left overs for lunch. Or even making enough to have for a few days, it makes it so much easier to resist eating bad food.

For WW people, I highly recommend these, they are 1 point per hot dog and if you got bun-less with mustard and saukraut (that's how I like it) the points are only in the hot dog, so you can have 5 if you wanted, but 2 is always more than enough for me.

ball-park-dog-e1327612651629.jpg

been a big fan of these for years. Nerfny hates them, so when I buy them I need to buy real hot dogs for her.

3 week weigh in this morning, down 8.6 pounds. Feeling really good about the process! Hoping to get near 200 by mid-April for a visit down to Phoenix to see my folks. About 12 weeks for 25 pounds.

I am down 5 lbs since Mondays weigh in. Now it will start getting more difficult

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The lemon is really solid as well if you like lemon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Love the lemon and cookies and creme

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For those of us going to Orange Theory, I found an app, OTbeat that pairs with my heart monitor and I can recreate the OT'ish work out at home ... I tried it this afternoon and was right on pair with the in gym experience.

Just doing OT the past 7 days has netted close to 4k calories burned ... I have really worked my tail off this week.

2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I was scolded yesterday at my WW meeting as apparently I'm losing too much weight, too fast? I didn't know that was a thing ... but whatever. They suggested I start eating "more" (I work 50 hours a week, have never been a breakfast eater and don't have time for snacks at work so all I eat is lunch and dinner)

Today, I decided to dabble in the breakfast category.

81440cdf3d67e60c9486fc7c37ac2379.jpg

1/2 cup grapes - 0 SP
1 cup Light vanilla yogurt - 4 SP
1/4 cup Bears Head Natural vanilla granola - 5 SP

This just might work.

Back