Periscope entertainment

FYI.... Callaway Golf is LIVE right now with Jamie Sadlowski at the PGA Demo Day.

It's pretty entertaining right now. AJ is the Periscope MC.

The Callaway guys are the perfect example at how the app can be used in a productive way and yet still bring a little entertainment to it's followers. They have the perfect personalities, video style, product and content that makes it very appealing to see what they do next. They are short, they are brief and get the viewer interested in what's going on. I personally like the #zoocrews periscopes when they are out playing golf with each other. Some fantastic banter can be found.

Probably because when I think of THP and THPers, I like the incorporation of the forum. I'd rather spend some time updating the live thread than leaving the site to see a hole played. No different than doing hole of the day videos and posting them I guess.

I've got back through my YouTube a few times to see HOTD vids with 441 from a couple years ago, and they always make me laugh. Periscope is a one and done.

This, totally.

Probably because when I think of THP and THPers, I like the incorporation of the forum. I'd rather spend some time updating the live thread than leaving the site to see a hole played. No different than doing hole of the day videos and posting them I guess.

I've got back through my YouTube a few times to see HOTD vids with 441 from a couple years ago, and they always make me laugh. Periscope is a one and done.
Ur welcome?

Periscope still does absolutely nothing for me.

Same here, but then I don't even tweet. I've never even looked at Twitter. I'm on Facebook just enough to keep up with a few friends and family. My social media is mostly limited to various topical forums like this one.

I get it, I really do. On the flip side, I have to wonder how Golf GameBook will impact the forum. To this point at events, there has been a bunch of live scoring updates throughout the thread but the app makes that not necessary and the leaderboard will keep everything in one easy spot to look at updates...yet it's off the forum. Unless I'm just misunderstanding how the app will impact scoring, etc. and there is some tie in with the forum.

But I think I what I find lacking in the live update thread is personality. Periscope videos allow people that aren't necessarily personable in print to express themselves using more than just words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it, I really do. On the flip side, I have to wonder how Golf GameBook will impact the forum. To this point at events, there has been a bunch of live scoring updates throughout the thread but the app makes that not necessary and the leaderboard will keep everything in one easy spot to look at updates...yet it's off the forum. Unless I'm just misunderstanding how the app will impact scoring, etc. and there is some tie in with the forum.

I doubt the live update scoreboard for these tournaments is off the THP main site, though. Two tabs, one conversation. No different than following the PGA events, and those threads are loaded with content when interest is there.

To each their own, absolutely. I don't use SnapChat either, and some think that's strange.

But I think I what I find lacking in the live update thread is personality. Periscope videos allow people that aren't necessarily personable in print to express themselves using more than just words.

The ease of posting quick vids to THP now resolves that issue, does it not? Vimeo power.

I doubt the live update scoreboard for these tournaments is off the THP main site, though. Two tabs, one conversation. No different than following the PGA events, and those threads are loaded with content when interest is there.

I guess we shall see. Many stay in the thread and refresh to see scoring updates....now I could just open the app on my phone and follow the scoreboard without having to even be on the forum. Call me "devils advocate" for sake of argument. :act-up:

Video is fantastic for some. But video that disappears and keeps conversation elsewhere is not what I personally look for.

I can just as easily put a video on YouTube and post directly.

I guess we shall see. Many stay in the thread and refresh to see scoring updates....now I could just open the app on my phone and follow the scoreboard without having to even be on the forum. Call me "devils advocate" for sake of argument. :act-up:

Yeah man, it's a great point... But what's better for the forum, people chatting about the leaders, or people refreshing for updates?

I love the PGA Tournament threads... It would bring me a lot of joy to see the THP Tournament threads flow in a similar fashion.

Then it's their loss and they miss out on the fun.
And to be fair not all THP events are just about the competition.

Video is fantastic for some. But video that disappears and keeps conversation elsewhere is not what I personally look for.

This is where I stand right now.... and maybe I get with the times eventually.. Just not how I enjoy taking in content at the moment.

Well that I can agree with and I actually prefer to use periscope on the course but save the video and upload here. So kinda the best of both worlds but I can see your side of the argument as site operators why the traffic is important.

Yeah man, it's a great point... But what's better for the forum, people chatting about the leaders, or people refreshing for updates?

I love the PGA Tournament threads... It would bring me a lot of joy to see the THP Tournament threads flow in a similar fashion.

I think the reason the PGA tourney threads flow so well is because we are all watching on then commenting on such a great shot or bad break, whatever the case may be. Would need something like periscope to bring that "live view" into the fold so people can see what's happening on course.

Then it's their loss and they miss out on the fun.
And to be fair not all THP events are just about the competition.

Definitely not all about the competition....but during the competition the vast majority of posts are scoring updates and someone cheering someone on. Completely different off course with all the fun happenings.

Good dialogue...just something I had been thinking about so excited to see how it works next month.

Great points made Dan and James, I was genuinely curious. Now that I have a Gopro on the way, I think I will probably be using that more than Periscope because it can be viewed forever.

Thanks for the input

Definitely not all about the competition....but during the competition the vast majority of posts are scoring updates and someone cheering someone on. Completely different off course with all the fun happenings.

Good dialogue...just something I had been thinking about so excited to see how it works next month.

Agreed. I look at it as a glass half full. Without players having to do score updates, they can post more fun stuff.

Agreed. I look at it as a glass half full. Without players having to do score updates, they can post more fun stuff.

Very true. 3 of out 4 can do all of that while 1 handles the scoring. I can dig that without question.

Great points made Dan and James, I was genuinely curious. Now that I have a Gopro on the way, I think I will probably be using that more than Periscope because it can be viewed forever.

Thanks for the input

As Alex said the periscope videos can be saved and had forever too if your content is worthy of saving.

I think gopro integration is cool for activities where you don't want your phone out like watersports or skiing. But for golf, I am not sure why I would want to further drain my battery on my gopro and phone to broadcast from my gopro. the only benefit I can think of is if it will continue to broadcast with the app in the background so I could periscope while doing other things (like THP on tapatalk) from my phone. And I am pretty sure it doesn't work like that, at least I would be surprised if it does. For me its a moot point because I don't have a Hero 4 model but I think this new feature will be great for other sports and I am sure others will find it useful on the golf course.

There might be some scope action tomorrow morning as a few of us DFW'ers try and post something nice at the Cowboys Club tomorrow!

Let's post your periscope ID so we can start following...

Mine is @VegasMav

Back