TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

They did such a better job with the crown designs this year. Love the extra pics.

In briefly demoing the new G series, I would agree in saying that it is a very sold driver. I am just about to pull the trigger on one, and I think it would be awesome to have another hot contender to compare the M2 to in my reviews.

Excited to hear your reviews on this club. It definitely has some pop!

Getting this one to the range tomorrow afternoon, really stoked to get some swings on it. I have played just about every TM driver for the past 4 years,but none of them have intrigued me like this one has.

Getting this one to the range tomorrow afternoon, really stoked to get some swings on it. I have played just about every TM driver for the past 4 years,but none of them have intrigued me like this one has.
I think this is going to be a bomber for you.

Going to try to get some sim time with this driver this week. Going to put it up against my current D200 and see how it does.

I think this is going to be a bomber for you.
I hope so, Mr. Panda. The tech that this one has with the weight further back and lower has me curious.

I hope so, Mr. Panda. The tech that this one has with the weight further back and lower has me curious.
I think you'll se more of a penetrating ball flight. Looking forward to your feedback.

Looking forward to the thoughts on this. Good looking driver there.

James those pictures almost made me want to go out and get one myself.

Love the carbon fiber on this thing.

I'm really looking forward to everyone's feedback on this one.

Those of you that have hit the m1 and the m2, what ate your thoughts?

Both look identical from address obviously. The feel and sound from m2 seemed better to me. I hit the 9.5 head with kk x flex and it felt like it was hard to load the shaft. Perhaps it's my preconceived notion that it is a light head... my first swing on a juiced sim was 340+ Hahaha. After that I didn't pay attention to numbers but rather focused on feel and quality of contact. I wonder how good this head could be with hzrdus 6.0 tipped just a bit to get between flexes

Both look identical from address obviously. The feel and sound from m2 seemed better to me. I hit the 9.5 head with kk x flex and it felt like it was hard to load the shaft. Perhaps it's my preconceived notion that it is a light head... my first swing on a juiced sim was 340+ Hahaha. After that I didn't pay attention to numbers but rather focused on feel and quality of contact. I wonder how good this head could be with hzrdus 6.0 tipped just a bit to get between flexes
I've hit both but never compared them directly. As far as feel/sound goes I would say they are similar but the M2 just has a bit of an edge there - a little more solid all over the face. In all honesty though, both feel and sound a little worse than R15 in my opinion.

For me I had to be on to get good and consistent results from the M1. I played it with the same shaft I have in the M2 and being off slightly and I would suffer the consequences. With the M2 the on days are great and the not so on days are quite playable. I'm still in the honeymoon phase but it is quite possibly the most fun I've ever had hitting a driver.

My sample size for data is limited at the moment, but I do have some initial thoughts here. Based on what I have looked at and from haven been able to get the M1 on my monitor a few months back (asst at course let me borrow his) the M2 sits about 1.8* higher launch and around 350 RPM more spin for me and my swing. That is with 60's gram S in the M1 and 70's gram X in the M2 fwiw. More than that though, the M2 sounds (feels) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the M1, it harkens back to the SuperTri for me honestly and as such I am of the opinion its TM's best effort in that arena in years, particularly after the R1 and R15 horrifying sound debacles.

My sample size for data is limited at the moment, but I do have some initial thoughts here. Based on what I have looked at and from haven been able to get the M1 on my monitor a few months back (asst at course let me borrow his) the M2 sits about 1.8* higher launch and around 350 RPM more spin for me and my swing. That is with 60's gram S in the M1 and 70's gram X in the M2 fwiw. More than that though, the M2 sounds (feels) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the M1, it harkens back to the SuperTri for me honestly and as such I am of the opinion its TM's best effort in that arena in years, particularly after the R1 and R15 horrifying sound debacles.
This isn't really the thread for it but I guess it just goes to show how different everyone is and why there's no sense even trying to convey sound or feel in print.
I think the R15 is probably the best sounding driver I've ever heard. Muted and solid.

This isn't really the thread for it but I guess it just goes to show how different everyone is and why there's no sense even trying to convey sound or feel in print.
I think the R15 is probably the best sounding driver I've ever heard. Muted and solid.

Agreed, I love the sound of the R15.

I disagree with the bold, but, that's mainly because of what I do.

Different strokes.

I couldn't agree more with Jman.

In my experience with the M1 and so far very limited experience with the M2:

- M2 had night and day better feel and sound in my opinion. I never could get the M1 to feel right to me, even with a fitters assistance.
- M2 had just a tad higher launch (and this was with M1 weight set all the way back).
- I was seeing +4-5 MPH increase in ball speed with the M2.

I will report out more as I get more familiar with the M2! So far, so good!

My back is recovering nicely from my little mishap this past Saturday. Looks like I'll be able to play a round this weekend. There's a massive storm here right now so I probably couldn't go to the range if I was comfortable enough. 70 mph winds might skew the data a bit. This new driver sitting in my office has been haunting me. Just holding it though, it feels lighter than my Rzrfit xtreme.

Many players prefer rear weighted drivers. M2 might give GBB some competition

I want to hit this really bad. I can't get over how good the crown looks.

As always, JMan crushes it with his pics - not that I am disrespecting yours War :D

I am very interested to see what people think of this, and for those who have hit the GBB which one they prefer

Hit this at Dicks tonight. Bad idea. Felt good. I've been bombing my GBB, but I do like the look of the M2.

Dang it!

I hit both during my driver fitting recently and the GBB pipped the M2 for me with the extra adjustability, but the M2 is definitely a good driver

I hit both the M1 and M2 during my fitting recently and, like you, I preferred the feel/sound of the M2. If I remember correctly, the M2 has a slightly lower and further back COG than the M1 with the slider all the way to the back (which is how I hit the M1), but I got much better results from the M2

Both drivers were set the same with the only difference being the head, so I felt like I was able to compare them fairly well in the short time I spent with them

I'm pretty sure James could take pictures of sugar packets and I would want to put them in play. What great photos of this club. One can't help but be intrigued. It's a great looking driver and the immediate tour acceptance makes me at least want to hit one and see what the buzz is about

Back