PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

58bb1b35c65c8e70d8c1ae3bc0442c61.jpg

Will be hitting these a good bit today. Impressions from the range are that I am very impressed. Smaller profile but the sole design makes them so freaking easy to hit.

Man that looks good. Looking forward to your feedback

Will be hitting these a good bit today. Impressions from the range are that I am very impressed. Smaller profile but the sole design makes them so freaking easy to hit.
And that's exactly what I want to hear. Man those look good!

Looking forward to hearing more about this impressive sole

A bit...no..a lot jelly. Enjoy and look forward to your thoughts.

It should be a lesson to OEMs...some things just look right. Nobody has had a negative reaction to this design. Nobody.

It should be a lesson to OEMs...some things just look right. Nobody has had a negative reaction to this design. Nobody.

I had a pretty similar thought. It's amazing to me that OEM's continue to put out gaudy, cartoonish designs when it's clear that if you want to appeal to everybody mixing your tech with a classic look is the key.

Man this sounds like a fantastic event.... Time to float it by the wife

More in-hand pics, please! Love the looks of these, and anxious to hear more about the performance (or, dare I dream about the possibility of being one of the select few to review them). Very classic looking, but with some tech built-in. Impressive. Oh, and that knurling on the hosel? A small thing, but does remind me of more "classic" irons.

Really excited about the opportunity this event provides, reviewing a solid set of irons from one of the original "ball striker" companies.
These may be the best looking irons if the year so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for Wednesday

PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

Hit these irons a good bit today, and really enjoyed them.

They are a bit on the smaller side, but are very easy to hit. They don't feel like a "small" iron at all.

The only negative I have about the iron is the loft being stamped on the club vs a traditional club number being there. A few times when reaching for a club, I had to think ok, 155 yards, need 8 iron. Umm... Ok, that's the 37* iron.

Silly fun to hit, and the recoil shafts in them made them super smooth to swing.

The guys in this event are going to be stoked with these.

Hit these irons a good bit today, and really enjoyed them.

They are a bit on the smaller side, but are very easy to hit. They don't feel like a "small" iron at all.

The only negative I have about the iron is the loft being stamped on the club vs a traditional club number being there. A few times when reaching for a club, I had to think ok, 155 yards, need 8 iron. Umm... Ok, that's the 37* iron.

Silly fun to hit, and the recoil shafts in them made them super smooth to swing.

The guys in this event are going to be stoked with these.

Good stuff man. I have to think they are similar in size to the 545's.

I get what you're staying about the loft/number stamping....I think getting yardages dialed in then using their yardage card that hangs from the bag will help until distances are memorized.

Good stuff man. I have to think they are similar in size to the 545's.

I get what you're staying about the loft/number stamping....I think getting yardages dialed in then using their yardage card that hangs from the bag will help until distances are memorized.

Having a yardage card for these would be ideal.

Thanks for your thoughts War. Were the distances similar to your gamers?

Really hoping to be one of the lucky ones on Wednesday

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I liked them. They are significantly smaller than my irons, but I enjoyed testing them out and hit them really well.

I liked them. They are significantly smaller than my irons, but I enjoyed testing them out and hit them really well.
Is there much forgiveness in that club?? Looks like there is.

Is there much forgiveness in that club?? Looks like there is.

There is some. Not a ton, but more than the Ft Worth muscle backs that came out last year. More laterally than top to bottom.

Can't wait try them for myself but thanks for the added input!

There is some. Not a ton, but more than the Ft Worth muscle backs that came out last year. More laterally than top to bottom.

I don't want to turn this into the PTx review thread but curious to hear the thoughts of you and Ryan regarding the v-sole and if you felt a difference with turf interaction.

I will be updating the review thread later today.

These are just the perfect size by the pictures, clean and understated. Just so nice.

Even if I don't plat them, I still want a set. Looks like art work to me!

This is a profile Id really love to spend more time with. Fingers crossed on this one in a humongous way.

Back