THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

What time you thinking? I maybe up there. I am guessing the creek will be open cart path only.
4ish unless I can cut out earlier. You have my number?

Not that really doubt it but I hope you guys are as excited about the Regional Rivalry as we are in the DMV vs. The Carolinas region! This is going to be something special! Enjoy!

Man this has turned into the local forecast section.

So let's go this route...

What shaft option from True Temper would you like to try the most?

HZRDUS for certain just not sure which one. Would love to do a shaft fitting some day soon.

Man this has turned into the local forecast section.

So let's go this route...

What shaft option from True Temper would you like to try the most?

HZRDUS Hyrbid 6.0 without question. Hard for me not to be crazy excited for that shaft.

I wonder what Team Ohio's trophies are gonna look like.... Either way it's gonna look great next to my other one

I wonder what Team Ohio's trophies are gonna look like.... Either way it's gonna look great next to my other one

I believe the participation trophy is a good ole pat on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing Adam Scott win 2 weeks in a row really has me looking at the Project X steel shafts and possibly even Rifle shafts. Funny how sometimes what a pro is doing plays a role in what we look at first.

3 irons sets ago, which is doesn't seem as long as it actually was I played Rifle shafts in my irons, but back then they weren't owned by True Temper. They weren't fit for me, I just played them because I thought they looked cool with no steps on the shaft. They were different than anything else at the time. TT bought the company and now they are a Project X product. I really want to find out if either of these products can improve upon what I am currently gaming.

What has been your Favorite and Least favorite aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry thus far?

Favorite: Getting people involved in the thread and among the forum who have been around, but are new to posting. Also gatherings have a pretty cool vibe.

Least Favorite: The participation drop off post team selections, understandable, but wished it wasn't happening (From BOTH sides).

What has been your Favorite and Least favorite aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry thus far?

Favorite: Getting people involved in the thread and among the forum who have been around, but are new to posting. Also gatherings have a pretty cool vibe.

Least Favorite: The participation drop off post team selections, understandable, but wished it wasn't happening (From BOTH sides).
I think I'll echo this. Gatherings have that added vibe of the event prep to them so thats a lot of fun.

My least favorite is i still have a long time to wait to beat Team Michigan

What has been your Favorite and Least favorite aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry thus far?.

Fave: Team gatherings (sim round, golf show, upcoming prep rounds, etc.)
Least: Seeing the disappointment from those who did not get selected

Favorite: The banter back and forth with Ohio, gathering with my teammates and having something to prep and work for so early in the season.

Least: I wish more Michigan guys would have been interested. I understand why it is what it is and it wouldn't have mattered for team Ohio, but I also wish the team could have been just a bit bigger, leaving just a few guys out who really wanted it was a bummer.

Favorite: Seeing friends make it in and being genuinely happy for them. I know the feeling of getting selected for events and I'm truly happy for the guys who got to experience that with this one. Including some guys I've met from Michigan.

least favorite: Pretty obvious is not being selected myself haha. That and all the random weather talk.

Favorite: knowing that even though the banter gets crazy at times, we are all good friends, and that isn't going to change.

Least favorite: all this weather talk and the fact that I wasn't able to commit to the event.

Definitely...

I kid I kid.
The first round will be blind drawing.
The second will be at meet and greet and will be one team calls a team, the other then calls a team. To be fair, because we need to setup live scoring, the two captains will meet me a bit before meet and greet to do this and then it will be announced when everybody arrives.

Back to the pairings selection for the first round for a minute. We turn in our pairings for round 1 and then random number generator determines matches correct?

Can we get a live periscope for this like the kickoff classic? I think it would be fun and add a bit of drama/excitement to it.

Or a video that can be posted on the forum. Would be something cool to be able to look back at plus everyone whos following can watch it whenever they have time

Or a video that can be posted on the forum. Would be something cool to be able to look back at plus everyone whos following can watch it whenever they have time

Yeah but live is super exciting, I don't think thats a video that you need to see after the first 24 hours.

Favorite: Love the Bickering back and forth. Love how the blind draw will be used for the matches in the first round. Plus I like the announcement at the meet and greet for the second round. This is gonna be an epic event. It's gonna be awesome seeing friends playing against friends.

Least: That so many of the OHIO team members live so far from me. I want to help them all be ready to take home the "W". Oh and weather talk this early, really?? Not getting drafted. 1 more thing... I won't be able to put a whooping on Wyzyguy aka GREGG in THP competition... :laughing:

Last edited:
Favorite: Being on a journey with 7 other guys from my state over the next 3 1/2 months. Having something to work toward, talk about, and give purpose too.

Least: Those not able to get into the event not being able to back up their talk prior to selection. On both sides, I wish those guys had the chance to get their opportunity to get at me like quite a few wanted to.

Favorite: Seeing the excitement build, helping teammates, daily banter.

Least: The wait for this event. I'm ready to watch the matches and see some strong golf played.

Fav: Finding out I get to share Boulder with 15 other awesome THPers has me really excited.
Least: The cannon and everything that comes with it (with a hat tip to scarlet and grey)

Favorite: Being on a journey with 7 other guys from my state over the next 3 1/2 months. Having something to work toward, talk about, and give purpose too.

Least: Those not able to get into the event not being able to back up their talk prior to selection. On both sides, I wish those guys had the chance to get their opportunity to get at me like quite a few wanted to.
Just make yourself available a few days a month to take on all comers. That's what I do :alien:

Back