The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, that sounds like freaking heaven.

dogs-trust-emoji-keyboard.jpg
haha the bottom left looks like the one i got in a heated discussion with this morning

the whole time i wan an operator in the mill i was told "Make the call, the operator is the expert". So now that im in a position to use my operating experience and suggest fixes to problems, its "what do you know you are just an operator"

Ok then have fun chasing your tail all morning

I learned very quickly when I worked as a supervisor in the plants that the operator knows best.

Today when I'm engineering a solution it's the operators that help the most. The engineers don't always work in the practical world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the whole time i wan an operator in the mill i was told "Make the call, the operator is the expert". So now that im in a position to use my operating experience and suggest fixes to problems, its "what do you know you are just an operator"

Ok then have fun chasing your tail all morning

Just my wild guess-----

The difference between then & now is the ones making the comments worked their way up from being an operator & got there with a degree, no experience or understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but I find it comical that you can't use the 50% trade in bonus at Golf Smith on PSi irons. I get the M1 and M2 lines being excluded...but really? I'd think they would want to try and get as many sets of PSi's out there as possible at this point.

lol at my current employer

VP of Finance didnt know I was going to Cali at the end of the month to help close down the office.

Yet he was the one that gave the blessing to go a few weeks back before everything was booked.

Ugggggghhhh

VP of Finance didnt know I was going to Cali at the end of the month to help close down the office.

Yet he was the one that gave the blessing to go a few weeks back before everything was booked.

Ugggggghhhh

Did you get that memo? Don't forget your cover sheet :wink:

Ugggggghhhh

Nice. Irvine right? Did you at least get flight into good airport?

Nice. Irvine right? Did you at least get flight into good airport?

Yeah into Orange County, its a freaking mess a HUGE communication issue not only with this but a lot of stuff at certain levels recently, getting old real quick

Yeah into Orange County, its a freaking mess a HUGE communication issue not only with this but a lot of stuff at certain levels recently, getting old real quick

Time to check out careerbuilder.

Im hiring.

Just saying.

I just can't picture Mike fixing bikes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I figure the Party Planner was more of The Ladders caliber hires.

Its been compounding lately, and then 2 things today have been gas on the fire so far...resume updating time

Vacation was great, so much that I'll take the 600+ emails that were waiting for me.

Its been compounding lately, and then 2 things today have been gas on the fire so far...resume updating time

Wait, does this actually mean I'll have to do things? I'm not a big fan of actually doing things.

Just picked up my HZRDUS shaft from Dick's after having an adapter put on. Mind you, this is the second time I've been there to pick it up. The first time, the line on the adapter was way off from being inline with the logo and grip, so they offered to do it over. I picked it up today, and it was only fractionally offline, but when I grip the club aligning on the chev on the grip, the face is shut. Of course, the adapter being off a hair makes the toe of the club off exponentially. I told myself it was close enough, I can get over it. The more I look at it, the more it bothers me, and the more I notice the gap between the adapter and the ferrule, and the few spots of excess epoxy. This is just shy of being in the rant thread, as its just an adapter, it can be redone, and going up there again is only slightly a hassle as its five minutes from work. Then I start to think of the heat being applied to the tip of this shaft again and again, and what care is this guy using in heating and pulling the adapter if he can't even line it up and wipe off excess epoxy on his second try.

Last edited:
I never know which shipping company to trust... Seriously got a package coming via UPS, that tells me delivery is scheduled for Thursday, but it's only about 4 hours from here (which means it's usually delivered tomorrow).... Odds on them sitting on it for 2 extra business days to meet their Thursday 'estimate'?

I never know which shipping company to trust... Seriously got a package coming via UPS, that tells me delivery is scheduled for Thursday, but it's only about 4 hours from here (which means it's usually delivered tomorrow).... Odds on them sitting on it for 2 extra business days to meet their Thursday 'estimate'?
I don't think so. Usually those estimates are just too protect them but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Usually UPS is good about getting packages to you quicker. I've had several estimates updated to earlier dates with UPS so my experience with them is generally positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back