Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Yesssssss James!

Also, depending on what you have laying around, I might be interested in a shaft swap.
I'll trade ya a shaft for the head

Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Really enjoyed this the last 2 days. Hitting more fairways and getting a much better ball flight since lofting it up to 12.5. Getting more and more confident with it every time out.
My driver average is up about 12 yards from last year and I have already surpassed my long drive. Wind and hills help a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to see what you go with James. I like the stock speeder but I'd be lying if I said my new B Asha won't get a run.

Interested to see what you go with James. I like the stock speeder but I'd be lying if I said my new B Asha won't get a run.
Plugged in the grandaddy px lz50 HC 6.5 for tomorrow. Took 8g to get it to D3, but this head is def light so I'm not shocked.

The previous XR driver I hit pretty well. But right now, it'd take a lot to get me to replace the Big Bertha I carry.

~Rock

I won't lie, with how I hit it at ClubClash I kinda wish I had the stock Speeder.

Freaking BOMBS for me that Sunday. Was borderline hilarious at times.
I don't have the Speeder red, but have the 565 from the Alpha 815 gathering dust. If you want it, its yours.

Another really good round with this today. Confidence is building fast with this club. Missed 1 fairway out of about 11. Most noticeable difference for me vs my previous GBB is I am not getting any of the big hook misses with this one, so not having to fear the left side nearly as much. Also slightly higher launch is helping.

Struggled with the XR16 today, going to pop the Elements Chrome back in it, had better control with that shaft and somehow it felt better

The previous XR driver I hit pretty well. But right now, it'd take a lot to get me to replace the Big Bertha I carry.

~Rock

The 2014 Bertha? That's what I came from. From a ball speed standpoint, the XR is a noticeable improvement.

Not sure what is going on but me and this driver are having a spat lately. Just doesn't want to go any longer than 210 dead straight down the fairway. Not sure if it's a shaft issue or me but today's range session was comical

I got to hit this today against my DBB. Really good club and like the sound a lot. Verdict is still out as I am hitting the DBB very well again. Both had the OBAN shaft in it

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what is going on but me and this driver are having a spat lately. Just doesn't want to go any longer than 210 dead straight down the fairway. Not sure if it's a shaft issue or me but today's range session was comical

Maybe not enough spin for you here?

Maybe not enough spin for you here?

Not sure. I do have a spin problem but usually this line from Callaway helps me out a bit. This time it didn't matter what settings I was using. Even tried a lightweight shaft and just couldn't shake it. I'm going to chalk it up to just a bad swing day.

Not sure. I do have a spin problem but usually this line from Callaway helps me out a bit. This time it didn't matter what settings I was using. Even tried a lightweight shaft and just couldn't shake it. I'm going to chalk it up to just a bad swing day.

If there's one thing that we saw time and again at #THPClubClash, this is definitely NOT at all a higher spinning head as its sometimes preconceived to be, its much like the F6 in that regard.

If there's one thing that we saw time and again at #THPClubClash, this is definitely NOT at all a higher spinning head as its sometimes preconceived to be, its much like the F6 in that regard.

I can't wait for that info to be presented for analysis and conversation. This driver is going to be an even more hot topic once the numbers are presented.

Would you know how the spin roughly compares to an 815 alpha head?

Would you know how the spin roughly compares to an 815 alpha head?

That'll depend on the user more than anything.

For me, it was in that same 2700-3000 range, which is where I like to be.

That'll depend on the user more than anything.

For me, it was in that same 2700-3000 range, which is where I like to be.

Makes sense. I was around 2700 with the XR16 when I tried it.

I am murdering Ryan Humphris xr16 and pretty sure i havent hit the sweet spot yet

Uh oh, did the XXIO just get benched?
1 for 4 fairways and 2 ob..might play 36 so wont have a choice on 2nd 18

That's two weeks in a row you have hit this one well.

Uh oh, did the XXIO just get benched?
1 for 4 fairways and 2 ob..might play 36 so wont have a choice on 2nd 18
That's two weeks in a row you have hit this one well.
And i havent quite caught it flush yet but only 1 squirrely and it stayed in bounds thankfully

Back