Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

maybe he doesn't need his name on his jacket b/c he's the only black dude on both teams. makes sense to me. it's kind of obvious which one tiger is.

I knew that woul dbe the next comment, I dont know why Woods doesnt have his name on there. I guess I just dont like negative comments about why his name isnt on there. We dont know why, so to assume its Tiger woods being an A$$ just annoys me. Thats not directed to P4B. Just a general comment
That bugs me too, I posted the pic and immediately people were saying stuff like "Tiger is such a selfish SOB blah blah blah" that is very annoying. I just posted the pic and wondered aloud why he didn't have it, I'm sure it's a thing where he doesn't need to draw anymore attention to himself in public than he already gets. I'm also sure that they were given the choice of name or no name, he said no name and unbeknownst to him everyone else on the team want their name on the back.

I knew that woul dbe the next comment, I dont know why Woods doesnt have his name on there. I guess I just dont like negative comments about why his name isnt on there. We dont know why, so to assume its Tiger woods being an A$$ just annoys me. Thats not directed to P4B. Just a general comment

Ya no kidding. I wouldnt know why. Maybe Tiger couldnt decide between "tiger" or "woods".

D.Johnson looks terrible. I wouldve requested DJ

That bugs me too, I posted the pic and immediately people were saying stuff like "Tiger is such a selfish SOB blah blah blah" that is very annoying. I just posted the pic and wondered aloud why he didn't have it, I'm sure it's a thing where he doesn't need to draw anymore attention to himself in public than he already gets. I'm also sure that they were given the choice of name or no name, he said no name and unbeknownst to him everyone else on the team want their name on the back.

We do have to put everything in perspective though. As for he couldn't decide between Tiger or Woods...Why? Everybody else has their last name. That is the way they are designed, do you see anybody else with their first name on there? Rickie does not go by Fowler, he goes by his last name as well.

Its the nature of the beast. Remember the Dream Team in 92? Everybody had their outfit on, but Jordan didnt because it was a sponsorship conflict. Nobody knows why TW does not have his name on there, but its fair to make assumptions. The people that are his fans will defend it and the people that dont like him or are looking at it from the outside will question why. Its the way it is.

exactly man, thats why I was annoyed. Hell, he could have spilled coffe on the one with his name on it and they didnt have a replacement with a name.

I'm one of those folks that like the old school jerseys with no names on it and the old adage "you play for the name on the front of the jersey not the back of it" so I don't see what the big deal is. It's Tiger friggin Woods like people didn't know who he was? It's not like he's Jeff Overton.

I would've enlarged the font on Dustin's last name and dropped the 'D' so he can walk around the Welsh countryside with a large "Johnson".

Ya no kidding. I wouldnt know why. Maybe Tiger couldnt decide between "tiger" or "woods".

D.Johnson looks terrible. I wouldve requested DJ

We do have to put everything in perspective though. As for he couldn't decide between Tiger or Woods...Why? Everybody else has their last name. That is the way they are designed, do you see anybody else with their first name on there? Rickie does not go by Fowler, he goes by his last name as well.

Its the nature of the beast. Remember the Dream Team in 92? Everybody had their outfit on, but Jordan didnt because it was a sponsorship conflict. Nobody knows why TW does not have his name on there, but its fair to make assumptions. The people that are his fans will defend it and the people that dont like him or are looking at it from the outside will question why. Its the way it is.

One more thing to add. The people that say lose the D on DJ's outfit....They have two people with the last name of Johnson on the team.

According to one of the golf writers on Twitter, his jacket with his name on didn't fit so the Captainess is getting a new one that fits with his name on it. Will have his name on his jacket on it starting tomorrow.

Your right, TW haters will always have something to say. I am not his biggest fan, but I dont hate the guy. I was just saying that its a lot of assumptions. What if he had no say. Something happened to his and the only rplacement had NO NAME on it! I guess I am an optimist.

According to one of the golf writers on Twitter, his jacket with his name on didn't fit so the Captainess is getting a new one that fits with his name on it. Will have his name on his jacket on it starting tomorrow.

and it's always usually something as simple as that. thanks for the info mary.

wooohooo, Mary to the rescue. Blam to the pessimists and TW haters

Take that haters, you've just been served by MaryC!!! Beeeeeaaatch!!!

wooohooo, Mary to the rescue. Blam to the pessimists and TW haters

Funny thing is same writer, who was defending TW for NOT having his name on the back then followed up with post about DL3's jacket saying "Love III" with basically a slam about "III"
part with "because there are so many other people with last name 'Love' wandering around CM or in golf for that matter".

It's all perspective and who you like isn't it...

For everybody bagging the people that questioned TW in this, go back and read the first 10 pages of the Tiger Issues thread on this site. Where TONS defended him and said it was all lies. Heck I defended the guy for weeks saying I wanted all the facts. Then they all vanished from the thread. Its easy to jump on people's opinions, but remember, precedent was set in the 92 Dream Team and people deal with assumptions differently. It was the first thing P4B noticed and he is a SuperFan. Just ask Romo...haha

For everybody bagging the people that questioned TW in this, go back and read the first 10 pages of the Tiger Issues thread on this site. Where TONS defended him and said it was all lies. Heck I defended the guy for weeks saying I wanted all the facts. Then they all vanished from the thread. Its easy to jump on people's opinions, but remember, precedent was set in the 92 Dream Team and people deal with assumptions differently. It was the first thing P4B noticed and he is a SuperFan. Just ask Romo...haha
Guilty as charged..... How can you not love Romo though, really? But back to the jacket, yeah I noticed right away and just wondered and immediately figured that he just didn't want more attention brought on to himself and left it at that. I am so freakin excited for this to start!!! Ryder Cup blows everything else out of the water in my opinion. Hands down my favorite sporting event, better than the Super Bowl...unless of course Romo and the Cowboys are playing....but that's for another thread and maybe another lifetime the way things look. Ugh.

Does anyone think Pavin has been too uptight through this process? Although all of the US players seem excited, the euros seem to be having more fun.

We have seen some oddball inquiries made of Tiger by the members of the media .I think that some of the questions that Tiger has been asked during the Cup Media events this week are downright embarrassing. While a reporter or journalist should be allowed to ask whatever question he or she would like to ask within generally accepted boundaries, it is clear that some of these inquiries are not intended to satisfy a journalistic interest but are intended instead to provide a platform for some guy to let Tiger know just what he thinks of him. Frankly I have no interest in what any of these characters think of him, particularly since very few if any of them that fall into this category appear to be journalists. They are reporters.

Good grief, if you hate the guy that much, have the guts to call him out and take your shot. Did he bring this on himself? Of course he did. However nobody named any one of these clowns judge, jury and executioner. This all makes even less sense since you would think the interest in having a story to report on would be more valuable to any one of them than the opportunity to stand Tiger up in front of the world and take the kind of shot one can take behind the screen of some sort of journalistic privilege. You would think they would be thanking him for providing news fodder of interest. If I was an Editor for one of their publications I would have serious questions about what any of this has to do with reporting.

So far Tiger’s responses have only served to make the inquirers look stupid, petty and to some extent cowardly. If anything they may well be generating some sympathy for Tiger from an audience that does not think any of these guys have been anointed by anybody to slay this particular dragon.

Strickers has his name

Stricker's jacket has Tiger's name on it? They must be closer friends than I thought.

Most here should know my feelings about Tiger, but I predict he plays his best Ryder Cup.

Kevin

Four ball announcement live on Sky Sports now.

Westwood and Kaymer vs Mickelson and DJ
Cink and Kuchar vs McDowell, McIlroy
Stricker + Tiger vs IJP and Ross Fisher
Bubba and Overton vs Luke Donald and Padraig

Where is Furyk, the man in form?

I really don't fancy the US chances with Bubba and Overton, and Cink and Kuchar might just struggle too.

im also surprised after a big win for Furyk less than a week ago that Pavin is going to sit him in favor of a pairing of two rookies

And what about Mahan? The guy was unbeaten last time out!

Interesting Picks. i think DJ and PM roll but Donald is playing hot and no matter who he plays with he can carry his pairing to victory

Interesting Picks. i think DJ and PM roll but Donald is playing hot and no matter who he plays with he can carry his pairing to victory

I think westwood and kaymer is a great pairing...The Tiger/Stricker vs Poulter/Fisher could be a great match. Poulter was the number 1 guy in the 08 Ryder Cup

Back