Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

some but not many. It is very difficult to get a lot of Lefty demo clubs. However JB and GG try hard to secure some

Thanks for the reply. I never thought there would be a lot of lefty stuff, but enough to be part of it. I just thought it would be really hard to stand to the side with TC and watch all you guys demo sweet equipment while we stood to the side and cursed our beautiful lefty swings.

Thanks for the reply. I never thought there would be a lot of lefty stuff, but enough to be part of it. I just thought it would be really hard to stand to the side with TC and watch all you guys demo sweet equipment while we stood to the side and cursed our beautiful lefty swings.

you can stand next to Bama too, just try not to step on him:D
Spoiler
sorry Bama, couldn't resist

We had two drivers, a FW wood, a wedge line, 4 different types of irons, and about 8 putters. Depending on the amount of LH golfers, we may have more. But with only 2 at the last one, it was hard to justify. Keep in mind that a THP Outing is far more than just a demo day though.

Oh absolutely, I would come no matter what...if I can convince the wife. Just was curious. Thanks THP for a wonderful experience.

And of course dont forget Shaft testing. With TONS of shafts out there to try with our launch monitor.

I can't wait to get on that monitor. I tried to get a bag tag too. They were out. Hopefully this next time though!

I can't wait to get on that monitor. I tried to get a bag tag too. They were out. Hopefully this next time though!

and there is enough reason to go back!

I thought the shaft testing was cool. I think I found a shaft that will work for me. Still waiting on golfsmith to deliver the r9 sleeve to me so I can get it set up.

OK Yoccos, that puts you and I as two of the first contestants in the "Who is gonna hit the monitor at the outing" contest and get our names written down in history with Seth and Danilo.

Here's my little plug based on my last experience.

Immediately upon pulling up to the resort you were greeted by someone from PGA National, the guy who helped me refused to let me touch my luggage and took care of everything, he was super nice and we chatted a bit about the weather, the course conditions, all sorts of stuff. He takes me inside and I immediately see Josh, Morgan, Hawk, Kelly and Bill (Ol Gray) and I b-lined over to finally meet these people, the guy was standing there like wtf, but he took all my bags to the counter and told me to take my time. Eventually I got checked in but I immediately ran to JB and GG's room as they had a box of goodies (Burner 2.0 irons) for me, I just left all my stuff by the front desk and bolted for the new goods. I was shocked when I finally made it to my room thinking I was going to drop the Burners and run and get my bags, there they sat in my room already! So immediately my first impression of this place was awesome. I bolted down to the Pro Shop to go play 9 with Gray, Kelly, and Hawk, the staff at the Pro Shop was SO nice and great to work with I was just amazed. This began was was a trend all weekend long, everywhere you went you were greeted by the nicest staff I've seen anywhere. Everyone was so willing to help and eager to make our trip the best it could be, these people at PGA National just get it, they know we're all spending good money to go there and they are as nice and helpful as you could possibly be. Being part of the THP staff I was involved in helping setup the demo each day and these guys at PGA National were more than willing to help with everything, they were lugging heavy staff bags and boxes of clubs and all the while all these guys were just eating up all the sweet equipment we had, one day we "caught" a couple guys gawking at putters when we showed up to start getting ready for the demo, it was pretty funny. These guys loved what they were doing and helped us so much it was great.

THP staff and members. I had met a handful of THP'ers before this outing and each time I've been super impressed with how cool and friendly everyone was, sure we're all friends and all but in reality you never really know who's on the other end of a computer when you're going to meet people you met on the internet. As I said, immediately upon getting to PGA National I ran into Josh, Morgan, Hawk, Gray and Kelly at the iBar...I've talked to both Josh and Morgan a lot regarding business such as reviews, radio shows, articles, all THP business type things. Each time it's been friendly and cordial but mainly all business so I never really "knew" them beyond that, I was pleasantly surprised with how funny and awesome they both were. I am continually in awe of JB's infectious enthusiasm for what he does and every time I talk to him I am ready to conquer the world, he just has that affect on people. After scoring the Burners and getting ready for our round I meet up again with Gray, KellyBo, and Hawk, what a awesome group of people. As long as I live I'll never in my life meet a person nicer than Ol Gray, I know this for a fact! I know another thing, if Hawk lived in my town we'd hang out a lot, he's awesome. KellyBo is the best too, she loves golf and it shows, her and Gray have to be the nicest couple on earth....amazing people. So this was my initial reaction to the first group of people I meet and all weekend long I was in stitches as I met and spent time with more members, from the hilarious antics of the brothers Calloway to the absolute golf nuts like OEM Kevin and the rest of the gang I could not get enough of everyone! I just wish it was a week instead of a weekend!

Ok, I know we already have a thread for the fall outing concluding so I'm not trying to rehash all that, I'm just simply pointing out that between the resort beauty, the resort staff, and the amenities, there is not a better place to hold the THP outings and I hope this is the beginning of a long term relationship. The other reason for this post is to tell everyone that the people you'll be hanging out with are so awesome it will blow you away. Everyone that I've met on THP will forever be my friends now, I know it's easy to say but I genuinely mean that. If you're on the fence on this trip take what I have just said and double it because it's even better than I'm able to express here, you cannot believe how much golf is around you, from the second you get to the resort to the second you leave you're in your golf shoes and ready for a game, hands down the best golf weekend you will ever have!

HOF post P4B!!!
Here's my little plug based on my last experience.

Immediately upon pulling up to the resort you were greeted by someone from PGA National, the guy who helped me refused to let me touch my luggage and took care of everything, he was super nice and we chatted a bit about the weather, the course conditions, all sorts of stuff. He takes me inside and I immediately see Josh, Morgan, Hawk, Kelly and Bill (Ol Gray) and I b-lined over to finally meet these people, the guy was standing there like wtf, but he took all my bags to the counter and told me to take my time. Eventually I got checked in but I immediately ran to JB and GG's room as they had a box of goodies (Burner 2.0 irons) for me, I just left all my stuff by the front desk and bolted for the new goods. I was shocked when I finally made it to my room thinking I was going to drop the Burners and run and get my bags, there they sat in my room already! So immediately my first impression of this place was awesome. I bolted down to the Pro Shop to go play 9 with Gray, Kelly, and Hawk, the staff at the Pro Shop was SO nice and great to work with I was just amazed. This began was was a trend all weekend long, everywhere you went you were greeted by the nicest staff I've seen anywhere. Everyone was so willing to help and eager to make our trip the best it could be, these people at PGA National just get it, they know we're all spending good money to go there and they are as nice and helpful as you could possibly be. Being part of the THP staff I was involved in helping setup the demo each day and these guys at PGA National were more than willing to help with everything, they were lugging heavy staff bags and boxes of clubs and all the while all these guys were just eating up all the sweet equipment we had, one day we "caught" a couple guys gawking at putters when we showed up to start getting ready for the demo, it was pretty funny. These guys loved what they were doing and helped us so much it was great.

THP staff and members. I had met a handful of THP'ers before this outing and each time I've been super impressed with how cool and friendly everyone was, sure we're all friends and all but in reality you never really know who's on the other end of a computer when you're going to meet people you met on the internet. As I said, immediately upon getting to PGA National I ran into Josh, Morgan, Hawk, Gray and Kelly at the iBar...I've talked to both Josh and Morgan a lot regarding business such as reviews, radio shows, articles, all THP business type things. Each time it's been friendly and cordial but mainly all business so I never really "knew" them beyond that, I was pleasantly surprised with how funny and awesome they both were. I am continually in awe of JB's infectious enthusiasm for what he does and every time I talk to him I am ready to conquer the world, he just has that affect on people. After scoring the Burners and getting ready for our round I meet up again with Gray, KellyBo, and Hawk, what a awesome group of people. As long as I live I'll never in my life meet a person nicer than Ol Gray, I know this for a fact! I know another thing, if Hawk lived in my town we'd hang out a lot, he's awesome. KellyBo is the best too, she loves golf and it shows, her and Gray have to be the nicest couple on earth....amazing people. So this was my initial reaction to the first group of people I meet and all weekend long I was in stitches as I met and spent time with more members, from the hilarious antics of the brothers Calloway to the absolute golf nuts like OEM Kevin and the rest of the gang I could not get enough of everyone! I just wish it was a week instead of a weekend!

Ok, I know we already have a thread for the fall outing concluding so I'm not trying to rehash all that, I'm just simply pointing out that between the resort beauty, the resort staff, and the amenities, there is not a better place to hold the THP outings and I hope this is the beginning of a long term relationship. The other reason for this post is to tell everyone that the people you'll be hanging out with are so awesome it will blow you away. Everyone that I've met on THP will forever be my friends now, I know it's easy to say but I genuinely mean that. If you're on the fence on this trip take what I have just said and double it because it's even better than I'm able to express here, you cannot believe how much golf is around you, from the second you get to the resort to the second you leave you're in your golf shoes and ready for a game, hands down the best golf weekend you will ever have!

Yes... shaft testing... after about 3-4 shafts on the Supertri (thanks Todd for helping me out) I figured it out... that driver is for good golfers, not me!! no matter what shaft was on there, I was not able to make friends with that driver!!

Great post P4B!! +1!!

Bag tag??

OK Yoccos, that puts you and I as two of the first contestants in the "Who is gonna hit the monitor at the outing" contest and get our names written down in history with Seth and Danilo.

and this will be something I never hear the end of...

Lol. I worry more about the people behind me and to the right haha.

Lol. I worry more about the people behind me and to the right haha.

I also think you'll be ok unless they put a palm tree right next to the monitor, in which case that monitor is toast... multiple times.

I also need to snag a bag tag this go around. Hopefully we'll give them enough notice this time around and there'll be one for all.

lol. Ugh. I have never hit that many Palm Trees dead on before.

That being said... the Champions course is gonna get rocked this next time around. I'm bringing some new weapons lol.

I definitely think they will have enough bag tags. They were a hot item.
I also think you'll be ok unless they put a palm tree right next to the monitor, in which case that monitor is toast... multiple times.

I also need to snag a bag tag this go around. Hopefully we'll give them enough notice this time around and there'll be one for all.

I can't wait....here is the wife and I this last May when we were there. (I hadn't found THP before this trip....dang !!!)

BearTrap.jpg

Sir,
That bear is grabbing your wife.

Spoiler
Apparently TC got a job at PGA National as a ranger

the bag tag should be the least of your worries dude. I don't need my bag tag to remind me of al the fun times there.

Spoiler
I just need it to remember who I am when I'm having a ddec moment

it's not about remembering who you are Hanks. It's about remembering where you are

Sir,

That's what the bear thought too.....till she judo flipped him and then put him in an arm "Bar"...till he tapped out.

Sir,

Spoiler
Apparently TC got a job at PGA National as a ranger

i don't get it!

the bag tag should be the least of your worries dude. I don't need my bag tag to remind me of al the fun times there.

Spoiler

I'm in agreement there TH, but a little bag tag is a cool little memento of the place and it's rare to play certain places these days and that just happens to be one of them.

Back