Votes: 16 27.6%
  • PC, Macs are too Expensive

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Mac, But I need a PC for Work

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • PC, Need for Work

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
The correct answer is Commodore 64, bros.

Not sure, but you know I checked before posting and you know what?

Spoiler
yes there is an app for that..

How do you do THP on that? Is there an App for that?

Not sure, but you know I checked before posting and you know what?

Spoiler
yes there is an app for that..

Ok then, problem solved! Abacuses all around!

I still have my original pc from 94 and every once in awhile when I get the urge to play some old windows 95 flight sims I'll crank that puppy up.They're not open gl or directX but glide and that's no problem cause that puppy has a Voodoo5

anyway rambling aside I guess I have to say I'm a PC

Looks like AutoCAD Map 3D (which is what we use here at the office) is not supported on Mac yet. I don't think we'll be switching to Mac anytime soon at the office here. We're a PC environment. Although there could be a Mac in my future for home use.

DO IT! and don't look back! (For home use I mean, you can't do anything about work)

I've never been a big fan of Macs. For a desktop, I can build my own PC to the specs I want and Windows has always run fine for me in it's various forms (except ME, I never owned that POS). For a laptop, I can get more computer for the money with a PC. And since I like to play some mid-high end games, a Mac just doesn't work for me. I have more options, more choices, and better pricing with a PC.

The only thing I miss about my pc is Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

Commodore 64 wow, that is back in the day. First game i can remember is elite- some space sim. Crazy.

I was a PC user starting from MS-DOS 3.3 all the way through Win XP. Built, upgraded and serviced all my own PCs (as well as plenty of them for friends). Switched to Mac about 2 years ago (Macbook, iMac, Macbook Pro) and will never go back to PC/Win. I have no choice at work since we're 100% PC machines, but for home/personal use it's all Mac, all the time. One nice thing is that I don't continually have to troubleshoot, repair and remove viruses from my friends' PCs anymore - "Sorry, I use Macs and just haven't kept up with PC stuff since I switched!". :-D

...but for home/personal use it's all Mac, all the time. One nice thing is that I don't continually have to troubleshoot, repair and remove viruses from my friends' PCs anymore - "Sorry, I use Macs and just haven't kept up with PC stuff since I switched!". :-D

Hmmm... I tried that, but it doesn't work for me. :smile:

MAC!!! Mine gave me 2 problems in almost 3 years ( must have the extended warranty... 300 bux)
PC's are only good for gaming, as the components become outdated every week, you can built a great computer for gaming, fairly cheap.

Use Windows at work, but have an iMac at home and love it. I do have VMWare Fusion and run Windows on the Mac at home for some things, but mostly prefer the Mac greatly.

Like most things "It Depends".

If you are going to be surfing, emailing, networking or need specific business software Windows is the way to go. Windows has a wider selection of apps.

If you are surfing, emailing, networking, playing with photos, movies, music, word processing and have a few bucks to spend go with the Mac. Much easier to set up, use and support.

Switched a few years ago to my MacBook Pro and for home stuff it's Mac all the way. For work stuff I have to have a PC so I have a desktop and a netbook that handles the load.

Macs for sure. I have used both since the early 80's. Mac was always so far ahead of PC it was crazy. I remember talking about a drop down menu to PC'ers and they didn't know what I was talking about. The one drawback is that so many people have PC's that sometimes they can't open my stuff for whatever reason and of course costs , but as was said viruses and other operator errors are almost 0 with excellent support.

Mac all the way. There is just no comparison as far as ease of use and quality goes. The price is not even really a factor any longer. Not only are they getting cheaper, they come with a lot of stuff that you have to pay extra for with a PC.

I bought my mother-in-law (75) one and she learned it (first computer ever) in about a week. Nuff said.

Mac user here. Love mine, and am at the point where I want to upgrade just to upgrade, not because I need to. Have had my macbook for well over 3 years and it runs beautifully. I have converted my wife to a mac after her Dell (bought same time as mine) crapped out, and my mom (bought an 800 dollar HP a year ago that has crapped out on her) and they both love their new Macbooks.

I still don't get the cost argument.. Mac doesn't make crappy 400 dollar computers. Their bottom end is usually comparable to a mid-high range PC, unless I am missing something completely.

I have been a Mac convert for about 18 months now... i learnt on Pc's and have to work with Pc's, and basically i hate them after buying an iMac 18 months ago. It just works, and in that time not once has it turned itself off, given me a green screen, sat waiting for ages with no response etc etc.
The same people who designed the hardware produce the operating system so you know the two will work together.

Apple all the way...

I work with computers for a living and you couldn't get me to buy a mac EVER! I won't even buy buy an Iphone or Ipod just because the marketing and steve Jobs (don't know if I spelled his name right). PC's are great, you can upgrade them, fix them easily, there is great software for anything you want to do and they have a reasonable price point.

Mac all the way. There is just no comparison as far as ease of use and quality goes. The price is not even really a factor any longer. Not only are they getting cheaper, they come with a lot of stuff that you have to pay extra for with a PC...
Even better yet, they don't come with all the junkware that's pre-installed on almost any PC you buy. First thing you need to do with a new PC is nuke the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows to get rid of all the trash. Simply uninstalling it leaves your hard drive littered with orphan files and your registry all cluttered up. A clean reinstall (especially on a brand-new computer) is a lot quicker than spending hours uninstalling programs and mucking around in regedit hunting down all the keys that the uninstall routines don't get rid of.

The one upside to PCs is that they are dirt cheap due to the free-market competition from all the manufacturers. My wife has one program she absolutely needs which isn't available for the Mac so we keep my old Toshiba PC laptop around for that purpose, but it's starting to give up the ghost. I was planning on loading Windows onto her Macbook and running it that way, but then I did a little checking around and figured out that I can buy a new PC laptop for not much more than the price of VMWare/Parallels and the Windows software. That would allow me to keep Windows completely off her Macbook, which I'd prefer anyway.

This was posted on PC World over the weekend.

110806-pc_world_reliability_laptops_2010_500.jpg

Back