What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in quite a while I bought nothing today. I did get a nice plain white box from TaylorMade though!

My recently purchased Rife Trinidad putter finally arrived. It's got to make the bag so it will take a few days of testing to knock out the NC Voodoo Daddy. I know for sure after rolling it today the grip will be changed. I had already ordered a Tiger Shark blue oversized grip prior to the putter arriving. I will change that tomorrow and then more testing to be done. It rolled the ball decent today but the putter felt light with the head feeling a bit heavy if that makes sense. I am hoping changing the grip will even out the overall weight plus the larger grip just feels better in my large hands. I got this putter for $86.00 bucks on ebay slightly used. It looked new when it arrived.

Quick update: NC Voodoo Daddy still owns it slot in my bag! This Rife feels a bit too harsh on off center putts. If you hit the sweet spot it's sweet. Maybe it's user error but the Rife Trinidad is not for me. I will give it a B- because it does roll the ball really well (on sweet spot hits) and is very pleasing to the eyes.

Quick update: NC Voodoo Daddy still owns it slot in my bag! This Rife feels a bit too harsh on off center putts. If you hit the sweet spot it's sweet. Maybe it's user error but the Rife Trinidad is not for me. I will give it a B- because it does roll the ball really well (on sweet spot hits) and is very pleasing to the eyes.

that's a bummer! although after having played two rounds of golf with you, i can't imagine that voodoo daddy kicking anything out of the bag.:D

that's a bummer! although after having played two rounds of golf with you, i can't imagine that voodoo daddy kicking anything out of the bag.:D

Yea brother I am not the sutan of the slickness however ol voodoo still feels more like my pet. I am sure there will be other suitors coming soon. Especially the top three putters you guys had at the recent putting testing.

Yea brother I am not the sutan of the slickness however ol voodoo still feels more like my pet. I am sure there will be other suitors coming soon. Especially the top three putters you guys had at the recent putting testing.

really? what's next on the hit list old pal? i know you like your center shafted stuff, so i'd highly recommend you try the Si1 from seemore. and if you like mallets, then i would recommend giving the monza corza ghost a test drive.

I may or may not have bought a VR tour 9.5 with a PX 7.0 shaft.

really? what's next on the hit list old pal? i know you like your center shafted stuff, so i'd highly recommend you try the Si1 from seemore. and if you like mallets, then i would recommend giving the monza corza ghost a test drive.

I was thinking on the lines of the SB-2 which is my best of show pic however the center shaft model, Si1 is definitely high on the lists. Santa are you listening dude?

I may or may not have bought a VR tour 9.5 with a PX 7.0 shaft.

haha, may or may not, that's classic.

i hope that shaft is stout enough for you JRod. i used it for all of my rounds a couple of weekends ago in florida and it just didn't work as well for me as i'd hoped.

haha, may or may not, that's classic.

i hope that shaft is stout enough for you JRod. i used it for all of my rounds a couple of weekends ago in florida and it just didn't work as well for me as i'd hoped.

I got it for dirt cheap and its really just a fix until May. I probably won't even use it 10 rounds before then. Its lighter than i wanted but for 147$ shipped new I couldn't refuse. I will just resell it after I get something fit to me.

Edit: did you use the 7.0 Freq? What didn't you like about it?

1 black and 1 white THP Putter headcover

1024472634_eNiQp-M.jpg

same here

TC you there sir? I would like to hear your thoughts.

sorry jrod, been one of those days my friend. so, the PX 7.0. i love the look of the shaft and quite liked what i felt from it but something just wasn't right about it for me. i'm not sure if it's b/c my miyazaki is just ideal for me or not but the PX just seemed to not unload for me like i'm use to. i don't have the swing speed you do but i know that it was lagging off behind me on my down swing, almost as if the stiffness wasn't where i need it to be or where i'm use to it being. i'm just nervous that if i was seeing this problem that you may see it, or worse. good smooth swings and it was fine but if i wanted to get after it a bit, it didn't hold up like i'm use to with my miyazaki.

I went to Golf Galaxy today and they put the Black/Green Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound on clearance. $2.99 apiece! I picked up 10 grips that I'll put on my irons/wedges in the spring. I've gone a bit crazy recently, I bought 2 TM xFT wedges and 2 replacement faces and I used some store credit for 5 dozen Bridgestone B330-S balls. I am set for next year!

sorry jrod, been one of those days my friend. so, the PX 7.0. i love the look of the shaft and quite liked what i felt from it but something just wasn't right about it for me. i'm not sure if it's b/c my miyazaki is just ideal for me or not but the PX just seemed to not unload for me like i'm use to. i don't have the swing speed you do but i know that it was lagging off behind me on my down swing, almost as if the stiffness wasn't where i need it to be or where i'm use to it being. i'm just nervous that if i was seeing this problem that you may see it, or worse. good smooth swings and it was fine but if i wanted to get after it a bit, it didn't hold up like i'm use to with my miyazaki.

Good info I'll have to check it out...like I said this was basically just a filler, I felt like buying something and I saw this dirt cheap so if it works great, if not I will get my money back. Thanks for the info bro hope your day improves!

Mizuno MP-T11 wedges in 52* and 56*

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

Good info I'll have to check it out...like I said this was basically just a filler, I felt like buying something and I saw this dirt cheap so if it works great, if not I will get my money back. Thanks for the info bro hope your day improves!

no worries jrod, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. it is a good shaft, and if i couldn't have what i have, i would go with the PX line.

Mizuno MP-T11 wedges in 52* and 56*

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

nice OEM!! i hope they treat you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back