5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I am in! I am going to go a little further and go to 20 lbs. I always gain about 10 lbs this time of year and run it off around March, but I am at 20 lbs heavier than I like to be. I will get down to 164 by the outing and maybe before if I decide to run a half marathon that is coming up.

Wow Seth! Great goal. You're like me, if I don't set a weight loss goal during this time of year, I will easily gain 5-10 lbs in addition to the ones I already need to lose. About 3-4 years ago I started a diet on Dec 24th and my mom gave me a big tub of homemade fudge, cookies, etc for Christmas. I passed it on to my son and Ole Gray and never ate one bite. That's when I knew I was determined and I reached my goal easily. Of course, maintenance over the years is much harder than losing! My DIL who lives in Athens just ran a half marathon last month. I couldn't believe she could run 13 miles like that! I was impressed! Her goal is to run a full marathon next. I can't even imagine running a block!

Wow Seth! Great goal. You're like me, if I don't set a weight loss goal during this time of year, I will easily gain 5-10 lbs in addition to the ones I already need to lose. About 3-4 years ago I started a diet on Dec 24th and my mom gave me a big tub of homemade fudge, cookies, etc for Christmas. I passed it on to my son and Ole Gray and never ate one bite. That's when I knew I was determined and I reached my goal easily. Of course, maintenance over the years is much harder than losing! My DIL who lives in Athens just ran a half marathon last month. I couldn't believe she could run 13 miles like that! I was impressed! Her goal is to run a full marathon next. I can't even imagine running a block!

Yeah, I have to kick in the discipline. I am in no kind of running shape at the moment, but it doesn't take that long to start doing 3 miles at a go. If I run 4 days a week, the lbs just melt off (well that and I try to stay around 1200 calories a day). There are a lot of salads in my future and absolutely no sweets. Realistically, I need to lose about 25 by the outing so I can pack on 5 with all the eating and drinking and not feel guilty.

Dawg -- Let me tell ya good buddy. I love Jekyll Island and I have a buddy on here called Bama who has played the Robert Trent Jones trail a few times. We are talking about playing the PGA National in May. This is where they play the Honda Classic every year, not to mention a Ryder Cup. Another little tournament called the PGA Championship has been hosted here. Dude we are talking about a serious golf resort where the pros have played. The PGA National resort is awesome to say the least. If you miss this trip, you are missing a lifetime opportunity to play a legendary golf course and meet some friends that will no doubt become lifetime buddies.... Should I say more?

We will talk about it soon at Jonesco, if Old Man Winter will cooperate. What you say makes sense, but also I feel a sense of loyalty to my golfing buddies with whom I have been making these trips for years. Kinda torn about it, but I can see where I could be swayed.

I am in! I am going to go a little further and go to 20 lbs. I always gain about 10 lbs this time of year and run it off around March, but I am at 20 lbs heavier than I like to be. I will get down to 164 by the outing and maybe before if I decide to run a half marathon that is coming up.

Seth!! Super news to have ya on the team good buddy. I have no doubt you will reach your goals and you can be Camilo V in the PGA Pro look alike contest at WPB :golf2:

We will talk about it soon at Jonesco, if Old Man Winter will cooperate. What you say makes sense, but also I feel a sense of loyalty to my golfing buddies with whom I have been making these trips for years. Kinda torn about it, but I can see where I could be swayed.

Dawg -- We will have to hook up at Jonesco real soon. Like you said the weather has been a bummer in Ga the last two weeks.:angry: About the trip to PGA National with us in May, just maybe, you could talk some of your friends into joining THP and coming down to West Palm Beach! It's just something to think about and I can promise you, no one in your regular outing group would be disappointed. See ya soon on the course!

OK everyone I am in too! I am going to check out the gym near our new house this afternoon. Hopefully their rates are reasonable and I will sign up. I also would like to get a trainer just for a few weeks or a month to get me back on track and get my motivated and then I can take it from there. I am in for 15 pounds or 2 pant sizes whichever comes first. If I am working out I will tend to weigh a bit more because of the muscle but still be a lot more slimmed down. I want my pre-wedding body back!

I'm looking for around 30 for me. I think it's very doable. How I missed this thread Im not sure. So 30 it is!

starting my workouts today! Start with a 2-3 mile run and then weights after that.

I'm down 3lbs in the first 12 days of my 'diet'......baby steps,

OK everyone I am in too! I am going to check out the gym near our new house this afternoon. Hopefully their rates are reasonable and I will sign up. I also would like to get a trainer just for a few weeks or a month to get me back on track and get my motivated and then I can take it from there. I am in for 15 pounds or 2 pant sizes whichever comes first. If I am working out I will tend to weigh a bit more because of the muscle but still be a lot more slimmed down. I want my pre-wedding body back!

I am so excited you are joining us too! I'm loving the gym so far. Wish I had a personal trainer. That will be great. 15 pounds is a lofty goal. You can do it!!!!!

I'm looking for around 30 for me. I think it's very doable. How I missed this thread Im not sure. So 30 it is!

Wow! 30 lbs is our biggest goal yet. We might just reach the 500 mark before long! Good for you Yoccos! We're going to be so fit for the outing! Woohoo!

starting my workouts today! Start with a 2-3 mile run and then weights after that.

Good for you One-T! Hope it's not brutally cold up your way. It's miserable here. I feel so pumped up!!!! I'm going to the gym in a little while myself!

Great work Hanks! I'm going to weigh once a week and report my results weekly. I would be thrilled with a 3 lb loss!

That's a great start. I haven't lost a pound yet.

I am going to tone down the beer drinking. I think it is slowing my progress.

Yeah, I think I am going to go without alcahol for 10 lbs. That will be my milestone treat. I am thinking a dirty Gin martini with 3 olives. That will be inspiration to drop the weight quickly. Maybe I can get it done by new years eve...

GG - I am happy :blob::clapp: and thrilled you are on board with us! Good luck with the gym and if it's fairly close to the house, it will be a cinch to run up there for a workout. Kelly and have been putting in an hour mixing arobics with some weight toning. No buffing up here, just a lean mean golfing machine :D. It will be cool if you can hook up with a personal trainer, that knows exactly what exercises to get the job done for ya. This is exciting and good luck on your journey!

30 lbs! Dude you will be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee :clapp:. Glad you are on the health train Yoco!

I like your baby steps dude :thumb:. 3 lbs is awesome :clapp:

Thats hilarious!!!

I ran 2 miles today and worked out. Day 1...down

Time for KellyBo and I to head to the gym for an hour. Workout,,, then back home for tonights prize contest @ 08:00 p.m. :golf2:

Last year I went from 192 to 165 sometime in September. Not sure when I started, probably about 6 months or so prior. I wanted to get to 155 (didn't expect to, but hoped to!). I'm at 174 today (I've bounced around ever since, and weigh between 168 and 175 on any given day during the month. Depends on how often I pig out. But yeah, I wouldn't mind getting to 159 by the Outing, whether I go or not. May as well make the goal be 156 so it can be 10%.

Last year I went from 192 to 165 sometime in September. Not sure when I started, probably about 6 months or so prior. I wanted to get to 155 (didn't expect to, but hoped to!). I'm at 174 today (I've bounced around ever since, and weigh between 168 and 175 on any given day during the month. Depends on how often I pig out. But yeah, I wouldn't mind getting to 159 by the Outing, whether I go or not. May as well make the goal be 156 so it can be 10%.

I hope you lose the weight you want and I also hope to see you in WPB.

Smalls -- Just curious. How tall are you?

I had about 1400 calories yesterday. A couple hundred over what my caloric intake goal is, but still not a bad start. I will step on the scale this weekend. I am expecting to be 180.

I had about 1400 calories yesterday. A couple hundred over what my caloric intake goal is, but still not a bad start. I will step on the scale this weekend. I am expecting to be 180.

Seth are you able to get out and run? It's so freaking cold in Georgia right now I assume it would be not be pleasant jogging. I love the fact that Kelly and I were able to join the gym. Great place to get out of the house, loosen up the old muscles, and shake the housebound syndrome.

Seth are you able to get out and run? It's so freaking cold in Georgia right now I assume it would be not be pleasant jogging. I love the fact that Kelly and I were able to join the gym. Great place to get out of the house, loosen up the old muscles, and shake the housebound syndrome.

Can't run because I am a panzy, but I am going to start going to the gym at my college. I need to find some good golf exercises.

Can't run because I am a panzy, but I am going to start going to the gym at my college. I need to find some good golf exercises.

I still prefer the 12 ounce curls, I guess I am going to have to limit those now that I am back on the weight work train. This could be a bad thing, no food+no beer+bad golf = :angry: Rhino

I still prefer the 12 ounce curls, I guess I am going to have to limit those now that I am back on the weight work train. This could be a bad thing, no food+no beer+bad golf = :angry: Rhino

I hear ya partner! Sacrificing the good stuff is a pain but the results will be so cool come May. I had a cup of coffee and a bananna for breakfast this a.m. I'm going to try to really cut the calories today. Maybe a bowl of veggie soup for lunch and a light supper with some cardio work at the gym.

Back