Wilson Staff Vizor Putter

looks like the Spider and the CrazE had a child haha

Interesting style of putter, would be interested in givving it a roll

It accomplishes very similar things to the seemore RST- ensuring consistent eye and hand placement. Looking at some other pictures online I think its a really interesting idea (and a new one, not stolen from somewhere else) but the whole top of the putter is very busy which might take away from some of that benefit.

Looks like something you shave with. Not my cup of tea, but with my putting lately maybe I should try something like that :D

Maybe it works maybe it doesn't be it is just too busy looking for me.

Looks like something you shave with. Not my cup of tea, but with my putting lately maybe I should try something like that :D

the First blade removes the exces dirt from your ball.
The second blade starts the ball rolling.
The third blade aka the "intimidator" blade does nothing at all
the fourth blade ensures the ball rolls in a straight line.
and the fifth blade is to be used on yourself if the you miss too many 4 footers.

These eye alignment guides have been around for a while. Yet none of them suggest getting the putter first adjusted to your own size and shape. I'm 5'9'' and I've always had to deal with my clubs too upright for me. While my irons have been bent flat, it's funny but putters have always been difficult for me. Usually I got to raise the toe slightly to get all the alignment guides to line up. Either that or I bend over more and deal with the shaft jammed into my stomach. This is why I always stuck to blade style putters. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I've never found a putter "off the shelf" that fit me already.

• Staff
Hmmm, I'm really interested in this. I think W/S needs to send one for review asap!

I'm not a big fan of this putter or any of the big headed, high moi, forgiving putters but , it looks like a good idea . I will probably end up getting it and trying it out anyway cause , with the way i putt i apparently need to get a big headed, high moi, forgiving putter with an alignment aid , LOL .

Looks like a radar/lazer detector. Where do you plug it in or does it use batteries??

Looks like a radar/lazer detector. Where do you plug it in or does it use batteries??

Actually, you are very correct with this comparison. Still, if it makes putts, I could care less what it looks like. I'm a big fan of the TM Spider and it's pretty funky too.

I don't care how big a putter is, but you come to a point where alignment aids and other wizardry get in the way of just putting. I thought the Spider crossed that line and I think this one does too. Kudos to Wilson for trying something, though. You can't say they aren't trying to engineer better equipment.

Hmmm. Yea, they aren't for everybody, that's for sure.

Reminds a little of the Never Compromise Xrays from last year.

I know its huge and looks more like a metal detector trying to dig up a quarter on the beach than that of a putter, but if it makes more putts for me, I am all for it. I really want to try these out.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last line of W/S putters. Not the 88's, but the other ones. This one actually looks like it might have some cool features. I'm very curious about the insert since I'm such an Odyssey fanboy.

I know its huge and looks more like a metal detector trying to dig up a quarter on the beach than that of a putter, but if it makes more putts for me, I am all for it. I really want to try these out.

Same here but no one carries Wilson around here. Spring outing?

Same here but no one carries Wilson around here. Spring outing?

I will make sure your wish is granted. I want Handy Smurf, not angry smurf. I kid of course. We will make it happen for you.

I will make sure your wish is granted. I want Handy Smurf, not angry smurf. I kid of course. We will make it happen for you.

lmao...I cant guarantee anything but another amazing bacon grilled cheese will help keep angry smurf hidden. I look forward to all the Wilson stuff at the outings as its my only real chance to hit any of it.

So i went to Edwin Watts yesterday just to play around and hit some drivers and, buy some zips for the cold weather. I got to talking to one of the salesman and, he asked me if i've seen W/S's new putter. I said no and, he went in the back and, came back out with a Vizor and, let me putt with it for a little bit. I have to say after i saw the pics for it i was not impressed at all but, the design did intrigue me some. I do not like big mallet putters or putters with any type of insert i like blade and anser styles and whatever style you call my 8883 and, i prefer the look and, harder feel of a steel face. So i honestly did not expect much from or think i would care much for the Vizor but, i was wrong. Let me first say i know and, all of you know that i am a W/S fan and, i'm always saying how good everything is so i know you will raise your eyebrows a little at me once again praising W/S but, this putter really is good. Not only did i like it but, he told me since W/S sent the store a vizor 2 weeks ago that 4 of the salesman have ordered one, including him and, they know much more about putters than i ever will. So anyway about the putter, i was really suprised with the alignment aide it really does get you set up over the ball perfectly and, its simple to use. This aide is not like Seemore's it helps with the setup not the stroke. I dont know about you guys but, my biggest problem on the green is my setup, i have a nice repeatable stroke and, decent feel but, its very hard for me to setup the same way everytime. My setup varies so my aiming is terrible but, with the Vizor i was setting up the same everytime and, i learned how much easier putting can be with a consistent setup. As far as a review for it i cant really tell a huge difference in putters i just ain't good enough yet but, i can say that the feel of the ball coming off of the face was almost identical to how the Nike Method feels. Also the pics of it do not do it justice it looks so much better in person and, its not a big as i thought it would be, it looks pretty good. I hate mallet putters and inserts but, i putted great with it and, i need all of the help on the greens as i can get so, i think i will order one. All in all i was pleasently suprised by the Vizor and, i believe when you guys get to roll it at the outing you will like it too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, smooth. JB, is W/S going to send one of these to THP for review?

Thanks for the info, smooth. JB, is W/S going to send one of these to THP for review?

Should have it any day now. I too, tried this one out locally over the last few days. I have a differing opinion than that of Mr. Duffer, but I will save my feedback for when I can take it out for a round of golf or spend more time with it.

Looking forward to it.

Missed this one the first time round, and I have to say I'm very intrigued by this putter. It looks pretty darn awesome!

Interesting looking putter.

I like the futuristic look but would like to see one in person.

Back