Do You Keep Backup Clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • Depends on the Club

Votes: 29 19.6%

• Total voters
Lol I wish I could get rid of my entire backup everything. I have tons of irons couple of wedges and some drivers.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

I have a "truck" set. My main set I keep at my main course and I have a set in my truck for the occasional game at another course that I wasn't planning on.

My wife is fairly understanding of me buying new equipment with every spare dime I save, but our deal is that the old ones have to go (usually to help pay for the new ones). The only extras I have are is an old set of MacGregor Nicklaus clubs that were my grandfathers...can't get rid of those, but don't know what to do with them either.

I still have my Goldwin set and my Nickent set. Not planning on giving either one up any time soon.

We have like 6 sets of clubs at home. I have no clue why. I just don't feel right hitting any other club but my own.. so I will never take one of the other sets out. My old iron set is sitting in the garage lonely.

Right now I have 3 full sets. I have bought and sold many set over the past few years, but right now I am content with what I have. FInally realized it the indian and not the arrow. Boy was that an expensive lesson. haha. I am trying to stay pat on these for as long as I can. I will say that I have gone into stores to test new sets and did a comparision with how I hit the new clubs vs mine current sets and walked away because I was not hitting the new ones any farther. I guess that is a good sign.

Not on purpose. I was living in two places for a long long time. So I had two sets. Now I am in one place and all the clubs are together. Funny thing is that when you add in the hybrids and other extra's I bought over the last few years, I have enough for three full sets- plus an extra driver. I should sell some of them...... but everytime I sell one, I seem to buy two more.

i only have 1 set of clubs, i have no spare anything as i usually trade in clubs to offset costs.

I don't have enough clubs to keep back-ups.
With the new irons coming, I am thinking about getting a staff bag and keeping a handful of clubs around for a rainy day. Otherwise, I'll just give them to my dad.

rainy day... hey that is a great idea... ill use one of my sets for when the weather is crappy

I keep all my old stuff unless I can find a buyer. Typically, I change so infrequently that none of the stuff I replace has any value. It usually just all goes in an old bag in the garage. If I changed out stuff a few times a year like some people, I would try and get something out of it rather than keep it. There isn't much demand for an 8 year old set of worn out irons, so I'll keep them just in case.

I keep telling my wife that I would only keep one set....but it is like a hobby to find the "better " arrow for the mediocre Indian.
I do only keep one set of wedges and one LH putter, but I have a set of Nickent 4DX's and Ping G5's along with 3 drivers.

It usually comes down to putting the backup set in play when the "arrows" from the other set fail me....Sort of like benching a set for a few weeks....

That is, unless I see a THP on irons I think I have to have and then I will sacrifice one of the backup sets for another set....

Vicious cycle...:bashful:

I generally have 3 sets at all time:

* Gamers
* Back-Up Bag
* Travel Bag

Yes and no. I keep backup drivers and fairway woods but not irons.I had 2 backup sets but gave them to our junior program several years ago. I rarely sell clubs that got booted out of the bag I just hang on to them for a while then usually give them away.

I have a bunch of extra clubs, but I'm not sure I really consider them "backups". They're just clubs I haven't given up on enough to sell. Mostly wedges.

I've got a backup set of MP-33s and various woods, etc. I am contemplating leaving them down at my parents' FL home, as they live on a golf course and schlepping my clubs across the country is very stressful. I always expect to open up my Club Glove The Last Bag (best bag I've ever used, bar none) and find my driver head snapped off by the airline bag handlers (throwers)!

Haven't been playing long enough to build up a collection of backup clubs- only backup club I have is a putter.

Putting got cold mid-summer so I was looking for something cheap to use as a backup. Bought a PING PAL someone had posted here in the THP Marketplace, and it ended up being my "starter", demoting my Odyssey to the backup position.

Lets see. I have some clubs that could be used as backup, but I don't consider them viable options.

I don't keep my old sets but I have rarely changed my irons. I do have an old set of Ben Hogan irons that belonged to my grandfather. He gave them to me in 1982. I don't know how old they are but I wonder if they are worth much. They have the original Ben Hogan grips. I also have the 4 Ben Hogan woods that came with his set (driver,2 wood, 4 wood and 5 wood). Some day I am going to have the woods refinished.

I thought it was illegal to NOT have several sets! I guess not everyone is an equipment junkie :banana:. I love to tinker and I really enjoy the game AND the equipment. I have at least 2 full sets, my gamers and my backups, plus 2 more sets of irons - I do a little club building, repair, etc, so tinkering is another hobby altogether. Just built a set of Dynacraft Prophet Tour irons - AWESOME stix!

I have a spare set of used stuff on hand but, it is mostly for friends who come to town and don’t want to tote all their stuff to the airport. I will also keep it in my car most of the time so if it is stolen I wont be out my newer clubs.

I use to keep sets after buying a new set, but I have not kept any recent sets. I have a old set of Eye 2's in reserve but I have not put them in play in some time. Can't say the same about putters.

Thanks for all the input guys!!

Yes for a reason I cannot explain I do keep all of my old stuff. I don't use it but won't get rid of it.

I have a set of SRIXON I-701 3-pw in the garage along with 3 extra bags ( 2 cart 1 ogio stand) 4 putters and two complete wedge sets.

Back