I too am looking for some good creepy. Last movie that really gave me the creeps was The Blair Witch Project, another one of my favorites. GREAT ending.
I'll give it a shot. After Let the Right One In a couple nights ago, I'm looking for more good creepy, not screaming zombie creepy. There're are hundreds of those.

Kevin

What momma don't know... Let me know how Carnival goes, might make adjustments to my plans.
You better ask your Mom. LOL. Pretty sick in a few parts. "Hold those ****** chickens". LOL.

Carnival of Souls underway.

Kevin

I thought Let the Right One In was really good. There's an American remake from what I understand. Let Me In I believe. Paranormal Activity is fairly creepy. Cost about $10.00 to make. Better than Blair Witch IMO.

Kevin

Eight minutes in, and the directing is alrady masterful. The scene in the car was an excellent way to shoot. Most directors would have tried to pretty it up, but nope. BAckseat camera is just fine. Outstanding.

PA was outstanding. It just slowly built, and built, and then it jumps at you. When she threw Micah at the camera, I visibly jumped.
I thought Let the Right One In was really good. There's an American remake from what I understand. Let Me In I believe. Paranormal Activity is fairly creepy. Cost about $10.00 to make. Better than Blair Witch IMO.

Kevin

Blugold, to which Carnival of Souls were you referring? 1962 or 1998?

Kevin

American Psycho is a really good movie. However, in my view it really isn't a horror movie, it is a satire of the high life on Wall Street. It is hillarious, and bizzare, I laughed really hard. It is a black satire comedy, I loved it.

Just finished blood simple. Great noir type movie. Oozes Coen Brothers. Moving onto pink flamingos, I think.

Thought of a couple cool ones for you. Equilibrium and eXistenZ. I watched Carnival of Souls, the 1998 version. Didn't get into it unfortunately. Maybe the original is better.

Right now I'm watching Oldboy. 1/2 an hour in and it's growing on me.

Kevin

Then I will watch oldboy after Pink Flamingos. I can already tell this is gonna be odd.

Thought of a couple cool ones for you. Equilibrium and eXistenZ. I watched Carnival of Souls, the 1998 version. Didn't get into it unfortunately. Maybe the original is better.

Right now I'm watching Oldboy. 1/2 an hour in and it's growing on me.

Kevin

Has anyone watched Zardoz with Sean Connery? Really great.

Has anyone watched Zardoz with Sean Connery? Really great.

Tried recently, but got too tired, and really couldn't get into it. Connery in the Borat swimsuit type outfit wasn't doing it for me, either.

Kevin

Just finished pink Flamingos. Ummm. yeah. I suddenly do not like chicken very much. Or dogs, for that matter.

More Japanesse/Korean stuff? Watch Audition. Great movie, it will stick with you for a very long time.

Audition was awesome!

Audition was awesome!

i drove to Charlotte to watch it in the Manor theater once. good times.

another one of my favorite films is actually a trilogy. it's Russian, and it's a lot of fun. the first film, "night watch", the 2nd, "day watch", and the 3rd, "twilight watch". the 3rd film has yet to be made b/c the rights were bought but i'm expecting it any day now, lol.

Some really great films mentioned. Some of my favorites are

Rabbit Proof Fence- really hard to believe this was still going on as late as the 70's

Angelheart

On the Waterfront

Time Bandits

Flesh and Blood

Road Warrior

Quills

i drove to Charlotte to watch it in the Manor theater once. good times.

another one of my favorite films is actually a trilogy. it's Russian, and it's a lot of fun. the first film, "night watch", the 2nd, "day watch", and the 3rd, "twilight watch". the 3rd film has yet to be made b/c the rights were bought but i'm expecting it any day now, lol.

Now that is dedication. Looked up that trilogy and it sounds very cool.

Some really great films mentioned. Some of my favorites are

Rabbit Proof Fence- really hard to believe this was still going on as late as the 70's

Angelheart

On the Waterfront

Time Bandits

Flesh and Blood

Road Warrior

Quills

Time Bandits is one of my all time favorites.

Now that is dedication. Looked up that trilogy and it sounds very cool.

haha, yeah, i've got some awesome films at the Manor, and Night Watch was one of them. there's a great independent theater here in asheville, and they only feature indie films. pretty cool to pay a couple of bucks, have some good local brews and watch some sweet flicks.

saw this film called "Raven Fork" there recently. a friend of mine is actually in the movie. it was filmed in Hendersonville, NC and on the Green River (if you driven this way on I26, you drive right through the Green River Gorge). here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.ravenforkmovie.com/trailer.html

Scenery in that trailer is great.

Scenery in that trailer is great.

i use to paddle with one of those guys quite a bit, but i never, ever ran the Green, lol......it was way too much for me. what most people don't know is that most major kayak'ing OEM's set up shop around this area, just b/c of that river. it's a good film, way better than i thought it would've been, especially since many of those people have zero experience in front of a camera.

American Ninja and The Substitute were epic film franchises. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I believe Treat Williams to be the GOAT.

American Psycho is fantastic! Have you checked out any other Miyazaki's movies? Howl's Moving Castle is great.

Edit: Read a little more of the thread. Glad you guys are finding out that TC is an under cover genius. Also, I see you have an appreciation for anime.

My favorites are: Star Wars (ep.5 is the best), LotR, Braveheart, Slumdog Millionaire, Howel's moving castle, Spirited Away, Snatch, Inglorious Bastards, Pulp Fiction, Serenity, and more.

TapaTalking while driving. I swear it's safe. Oh cra...

Howls moving castle was not my favorite. Still good though.
American Psycho is fantastic! Have you checked out any other Miyazaki's movies? Howl's Moving Castle is great.

Edit: Read a little more of the thread. Glad you guys are finding out that TC is an under cover genius. Also, I see you have an appreciation for anime.

My favorites are: Star Wars (ep.5 is the best), LotR, Braveheart, Slumdog Millionaire, Howel's moving castle, Spirited Away, Snatch, Inglorious Bastards, Pulp Fiction, Serenity, and more.

TapaTalking while driving. I swear it's safe. Oh cra...

So the Wife and I watched The Audition last night. Um, no. A little too graphic for an old fellow like me.

Kevin

Back