PGA Tour Sponsor Rumors

Im not sure I agree with that at all. Furyk has NOTHING in his bag changing from last year. McDowell is going back to playing a brand he was comfortable enough in college playing.
Maybe Furyk's not changing equipment, but plenty of others are. At their level these guys could probably hit hickory shafted clubs and do okay. All the OEMs make great equipment so I'm sure they can build something that their signatories would be able to game happily. The one thing a player may be extremely finicky about is his putter.

If you have ever been on a tour van, they are finicky about ALL of it.

Then why jump ship if they have something that works?

You had something that you said worked, and you jumped ship right? People like to try different things and sometimes it works better for them and sometimes it doesnt. Some guys switch for money, some guys for new clubs, some guys because they are not asked back.

You had something that you said worked, and you jumped ship right? People like to try different things and sometimes it works better for them and sometimes it doesnt. Some guys switch for money, some guys for new clubs, some guys because they are not asked back.
But I don't do it for a living. For me it's all part of the fun. I can understand the other reasons you articulated. What I don't understand is the pro that has something that is really working for him why would he want to switch? McDowell wanted more money from Callaway and Callaway said "No," so he left. Maybe this will work for him, maybe it won't. I don't know. I just find it a bid odd is all.

But I don't do it for a living. For me it's all part of the fun. I can understand the other reasons you articulated. What I don't understand is the pro that has something that is really working for him why would he want to switch? McDowell wanted more money from Callaway and Callaway said "No," so he left. Maybe this will work for him, maybe it won't. I don't know. I just find it a bid odd is all.

Im not sure I would say that. Some are reporting that, but I do think that is all that it was. Why did he go to Callaway in the first place. Clearly others worked for him in the past. Players try things, like things, and decide for a multitude of reasons what works best. Like I said, some for the money, some for different gear, and some for lack of having options. There are judgements being made without certain facts and I am not sure that is fair. Like Furyk, he left, but his clubs are all the same.

Pros try things just like amateurs do.

I understand all those reasons. I was more referring to those players who are at the top of their game. I'll be curious to see how this works out for McDowell.

Stricker is not wearing Peter Millar this year. He is now wearing the new FJ shirts.

Stricker is not wearing Peter Millar this year. He is now wearing the new FJ shirts.

Ah, even more plain and boring.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

who is supplying his khaki pants this year?

Dockers...lol

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

he is going to be the easiet to dress alike down at the outing.

I personally think everyone in attendance should dress like JD.

Oh MY , everyone dressed in Loud Mouth at the THP outing , and with tents on the driving range , that place would thing the Circus came to town ... :D

Oh MY , everyone dressed in Loud Mouth at the THP outing , and with tents on the driving range , that place would thing the Circus came to town ... :D

Not to mention how the pictures would look from the outing. :D

Martin Kaymer signed a deal with Hugo Boss. No longer wearing the Lacoste stuff and it starts this week.

Good pickup for Hugo Boss if he stays hot.

Agreed but I would rather be with Lacoste over Hugo Boss just based on gear alone.

I like the Lacoste stuff better myself, but good for lego head.

Back