Very interesting training aid....
I like the instantaneous feedback....

hmmmmm

Bama -- I have the eight & SW you can try dude :D

Bama -- I have the eight & SW you can try dude :D

lol...thanks for the offer but I think it would be too much of an effort to bend the shaft the other direction... :banghead:

P.S. I am playing the ladies tees because I am recovering from knee surgery :O).. I might move back to the Senior tees today and see how the knee is progressing.

Good luck with the rehab on the knee. Take it easy outside the rehab! I'm going to have to seriously look at tour striker.

lol...thanks for the offer but I think it would be too much of an effort to bend the shaft the other direction... :banghead:

target acquired...

This thread has helped even without getting the your striker. Last two rounds, I focused on delivering my club to the ground six inches in front of the ball and I saw a marked improvement.

Picked up a 7I PRO on the Bay for cheap.....hoping to try it out on Friday.....

How much did you get it for? If you don't mind me asking.

How much did you get it for? If you don't mind me asking.

$59.95....and it came with the DVD....

RU LH?? like the Avatar might suggest???

Received mine today. Looking forward to hitting some tomorrow or Wednesday.

I went over to my Edwin Watts to test out the Tour Striker. One of the guys at the store also tried it out. He is 4 h/c. He had never hit one before and was quite impressed and said he could certainly tell when he did not totally hit down on the ball.

I tested this club and was very impressed. It really does work. Initially I was hitting some thin. but after about five minutes I began hitting more flush. I was on the monitor and saw my launch angle was between 18 and 20 and distance increased about 7 yards over my normal 8 iron. I have the 8 iron Tour Striker. I also used some impact tape on the club to see where I was hitting the ball. I was hitting the ball in the sweet spot most of the time. This club def makes you hit down and I saw my spin rate increase. On a couple of shots it was in the 4800 - 5000 range. Not sure this was too much spin, but it was sailing dead straight out to about 140 yds.

I hope to make it back tomorrow and will interchange my regular 8 iron to see if there is any improvement. If the weather is better I may even get to try it at the range.

SMG

Last edited:
i have heard from many places that it works but i wouldn't use it if your making huge changes to your swing

I have used it twice now. Today was not that great a ball striking day with it. My swing is not changing that much. I still have same back swing. THe only thing changing is how long is stay in the swing to bring the club down to compress the ball which is supposed to be a good thing.

I watched the DVD at lunch yesterday.
It has some very interesting ways to teach grip, pivot, and lag as well as the fundamental concept of strikiung down on the ball.
I was able to get out yesterday to test the 7I Tour Striker PRO.
I grabbed a bucket and went to work.

First 3 balls were worm burners, but i expected that.
I then setup my grip and stance with the shaft in the impact position..(ie shaft lean with a nice flat right wrist...LH golfer here)
I then pulled the shaft back to the address position and hit the ball....
Very nice ball flight that went about 7-8 yards further than my normal 7I (Like SeemoreGuy)
I gota lot more height on my ball as well which is something I struggle with

All in all a very good concept I plan to keep in my bag as a training aid.

Will give it a shot today on the course....

Bama

I might order it. Im an ok ball striker. I have no problem hitting the ball high however i would like to become more consistent.

Ordered the TS pro a few days ago. Was debating whether to go for the pro version (7i) or the regular (8i), when I stumbled upon this on another forum ...

On that note; here's a little story about the development of the Tour Striker.

The Tour Striker Pro was infact the first "Tour Striker." The fellow who got it ready for mass production talked me into an easier version prior to launching the product in December '08. I really struggled with the idea of having something be "easier."

Anyway, with his recommendation (this guy has designed some of the most successful clubs in recent times), we created the "Tour Striker" with a lower leading edge height. Immediately after that we came out with the "Pro" version.

The "Pro" version is the club that will really challenge golfers and the one I hope everyone buys. You see, I don't want people being able to cheat impact alignments, but I don't want people to absolutely hate the challenge and quit either.

So, if you are going to get a TS club, get the PRO and be patient. It's worth the effort.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin would be Martin Chuck, the TS inventor. Hence I went with the PRO version.

I think I am going to get one of these. how does it work on a driving range mat? are you able to get down on it?

Depends on the mat. Tour Striker recommends not using it with mats that allow for a simulation of taking a divot. All by way of saying they want you to use something kinda' firm at least when discussing mats. I used mine off the grass fine and it seemed OK with the VJ mat. I have never tried it with anything else. I now have the CCE mat and the Tour Striker web site specifically recommends against using it with that so I have not tried.

Thanks jnug for the response.
Depends on the mat. Tour Striker recommends not using it with mats that allow for a simulation of taking a divot. All by way of saying they want you to use something kinda' firm at least when discussing mats. I used mine off the grass fine and it seemed OK with the VJ mat. I have never tried it with anything else. I now have the CCE mat and the Tour Striker web site specifically recommends against using it with that so I have not tried.

i tested the 7 iron for awhile - i does what its supposed to do - and i think for those that dont have decent ballstriking it will def train that into your head bc you have to hit the sweetspot!

My lessons had got me striking the ball pretty well - so i didnt have too many issues with it and didnt need one.

Ive been thinking about the TS for quite sometime now and thanks to the reviews I will be purchasing 1 ASAP!! Just curious does anybody know if you get the DVD if you buy if from a golf store IE: Roger Dunn? Thx

Seems like that was asked before in this thread and the store you purchased from is supposed to have the DVD's, I think. . If not, I bet you can contact the company and they would send you one.

Seems like that was asked before in this thread and the store you purchased from is supposed to have the DVD's, I think. . If not, I bet you can contact the company and they would send you one.

I didnt see that brought up but I was never a great reader! LOL JK

Thanks for the input!!

I just went to Roger Dunn to pick up the Tour Striker and found out they only have the pro 7 and 5 irons (they only had the 5 iron in stock)!! so being the unstoppable hack that I am, I decided to take the TS 5i for a ride......what a crazy ride. The first swing I hit the ball about 70 yards along the ground. 2nd swing 70 yds on the ground...its a really hard club to hit. I cant speak for anyone but myself but as a HC begginer I need to definitely start with the TS 8i!!!

Back