this seems like a very good product, i plan on getting one soon

So, thought I would ask, since it has been a while, what are people's takes on this one? I'm in the planning stages of turning my garage into a mini range with a net and mat, and was thinking about getting one of these to work on every day for a bit.

Not sure I would get one to work with specifically with a net and mat. I think you would want to see a complete ball flight on each swing. That said you can certainly feel when you have hit it solid with the tour striker. I guess if I had to give you a recommendation I would recommend that you get one before the weather turns so you can get a few sessions in with it outdoors and then take it indoors.

Thanks! That was really the intention. Get it before the weather turns, get a feel for when I hit it good with it and when I don't, then concentrate on just making good contact with in the winter.

Tour striker? Thoughts?

Tour striker? Thoughts?

I started off the year here gathering advice on a new set of irons.. Most led me to get lessons and while I have taken about 10 now and ball striking had improved- (dropped 25 strokes off my handicap) I'm still hitting some wedges fat and wondered if this cub- the tour striker- I just saw on ryder cup highlights would help me there.

Or is it just a gimmick that my lessons would take care of anyway.

Just wondering heat the consensus is here or if anyone has tested it.

There is a huge thread about it here. Try searching the training aid forum. Not sure, but I would assume it is there.

Merged with another thread.

I feel this club is one of the best training/teaching tools in many years.

BigL is absolutely correct. This is no gimmick. Some have commented that a person could grind down a club and have the same thing. Well OK if you have the tools and the club and want to do that. However most of us don’t and for what it is it is not that expensive.

When you can hit the thing pure, it feels incredible and the swing elements that you use to hit that club pure are transferable to your regular clubs. That might be the best thing about it. I think its other best attribute is that to really hit the ball good with the thing you have to make a good swing. There are so many training devices out there that do not demand an improvement on your part to get a result. With the Tour Striker, if you do not get your hands ahead and make good contact on what little face there is, the ball goes nowhere.

Here is another thing that makes it a great training tool. It is the club version of focusing on one part of the ball instead of aiming at the whole ball. In other words you know you have very little club face down there and knowing that forces you to really focus in a way that is both transferable to your regular clubs and a great tool for teaching a golfer how to shut out everything else and concentrate on the things he needs to do to make a good swing. This may in the long run be one of the most important benefits. As I have improved I have gotten to the point where I no longer accept the idea that there are physical reasons or excuses for me to make a bad swing anymore. I have to work now on the mental aspects of the game in order to make good swings time after time.

Tour Striker demands a good deal of the user. However there is nothing easy about this game and nothing easy about grooving it with this club.

I've been really fascinated with this training aid and finally saw someone at the driving range with one and he was nice enough to let me try it out. Unfortunately, the couple of swings I took with it left me a little underwhelmed.

I really think its a great training aid for a majority of golfers because most people don't know how to hit down on the ball. This training aid definitely forces you to do so. My complaint is when I swung with it, I felt I was manipulating the club by trying to hold the lag and angle as long as I could in order to ensure I hit down on the ball. Maybe I need to change my swing, but it felt like a contrived move and didn't feel natural at all. I think you can worry too much about your angles that other parts of your swing could fall a part.

Definitely a great training aid, I just don't think it would help me much.

While there is no doubt that the Tour Striker is designed to force you to get your hands ahead in order to make good contact with the ball, I cannot imagine other parts of your swing falling apart and still being able to make good contact with the ball. All by way of saying that where some training tools let you get off the hook and those are the ones that I think truly deserve consideration as being somewhat contrived, If other aspects of your swing fall apart you are not going to make good contact with the ball with the Tour Striker. All by way of saying that in order to get the thing to sing, you have to make a good swing AND get your hands ahead. Just to be complete, it is as we know all about what is happening between the club face and the ball at the point of contact. So you have to get that part right with the Tour Striker. It will not let you off the hook there. However you get the club head square and the ball centered on the club face, you will still need to do that to hit the ball well. However in addition you will have to get your hands ahead to hit the ball well. In that respect I think it is a fairly complete training aid. In fact, if you think about it you likely have to do even better with the Tour Striker. I would hate to see what happens if you hit the ball off the toe of the Tour Striker for example, there is no toe.

Merged with another thread.
Sorry jb - new ipad and search engine didn't pull this- guess I should have checked the golf aid section lol.

I'll give it a shot- sounds interesting to say the least. I'm curious how my swing will adjust to it. I feel like I'm striking the ball better than ever- making contact first then taking my divot- this almost sounds like z good test at this point in my learning.

Will post my findings as well.

I've been really fascinated with this training aid and finally saw someone at the driving range with one and he was nice enough to let me try it out. Unfortunately, the couple of swings I took with it left me a little underwhelmed.

I really think its a great training aid for a majority of golfers because most people don't know how to hit down on the ball. This training aid definitely forces you to do so. My complaint is when I swung with it, I felt I was manipulating the club by trying to hold the lag and angle as long as I could in order to ensure I hit down on the ball. Maybe I need to change my swing, but it felt like a contrived move and didn't feel natural at all. I think you can worry too much about your angles that other parts of your swing could fall a part.

Definitely a great training aid, I just don't think it would help me much.

Something many also forget,In order to truly hit the ball solid with the hands leading is to properly rotate trough the ball.Too many don't do this enough and flip through impact.The hands must work in an ARC just like the club does,when this happens correctly the hands are in front of the ball but also returning from the center of the ARC to the inside.It will fell like your hands are in front of your belt buckle at impact.With the rotation of our body the hands are in front of it on the inside of the ARC.

I hope this is clear,if not I can try to explain better

I'm trying to decide which to get, ts, ts pro, or ts wedge. My biggest problem ATM is under 120 yards. My last round I hit 90% of fairwyas( a personal best) but I hit pitches fat- my wedges felt terrible- but I used to hit them best....

My Lon irons I'm making the best contact ever- and putting I'm usually around 35-40 putts per rd.

So cleary my short game is killing me- I spend two days a week on range with it.

Anyways should I try the ts wedge? Or will the ts pro help clean up my swing across the board?

Only diff between ts and tspro is 4 degrees loft right? 7 iron bs 8 iron? Or is the contact area smaller too?

Finally anyone in Columbus Ohio I could meet and try there's a few swings before deciding?

Thanks to all!

Lots of good reviews and information here. I have pretty much always fought an over-the-top, or casting type of swing. I have made really good progress lately in defeating that. Given that the dominant thought with this training aid is to hit down, would there be any concern in reintroducing that into my swing?

I'd really like to take it for a ride, and see just how ugly my swing really is.

I have the eight iron & the SW wedge type model. Shot a pretty darn good round yesterday just using those two clubs and a putter from the ladies tees. It teaches you to how to keep the shaft leaning forward and once you get the right feel you really compress the ball and get great distance out of it. I love both of mine and plan on using them as replacement clubs for my regular eight iron and sw wedge for quite a while. Note -- If you miss hit it you will see a low screaming ball flight. Once you master the downward compressing technique, you will kown how it feels when a ball is struck properly.

P.S. I am playing the ladies tees because I am recovering from knee surgery :O).. I might move back to the Senior tees today and see how the knee is progressing.

Thanks Gray. Take your time recovering from the surgery.

Taking them out to the course is an interesting approach Grey. My 8i version is a perminent part of my driving range bag, I take it out and hit a few before pulling any other club from the bag as a means of getting that forward press going early in the session. I am really considering getting the model that has an even smaller club face as a means of forcing myself to be even more precise. Hitting it right with this club feels terrific as I am sure you would agree.

Of all the training devices I have purchased, it has been the best OF THEM.

Interesting reviews, i think i'm going to look into this club this off season.

I bought the regular tour striker model last week based on all the reviews. It at first frustrated then really helped. Went through four bags of balls and it wasn't until the fourth that I was able to do it. When you can do it - it feels awesome. One of the things it really taught me was to slow down.

Has anyone tried the SW version? Do you see that as a compliment to the regular version or do you think just practicing with one is plenty?

I have the SW and it works well as a practice tool. I have actually used the eight iron version on the course during a fun round but not the SW.

Just tried mine at the heated range today. Is it a bad sign when I can hit this training aid better than my own irons? Most of my shots were in the middle of the club face and straight, some with a slight fade. It does work. Makes me want to find similar feeing irons for my bag!!

Very interesting training aid....
I like the instantaneous feedback....

hmmmmm

Back