Camilo possible rules violation... Phoned in?

How much longer are we going to haggle back and forth about this? Everyone has said their gripes and some have chosen not to drop it. Really, I'm begging you, let's drop it. The thread talking about the winner is now lost somewhere on the back pages of THP yet this junk is still continually brought up by people that just seem like they want to argue for the sake of raising their blood pressure, pretty silly really. Did you guys think that was awesome that Jonathan Byrd has now won in his last 2 starts via a playoff? Pretty amazing, where to you think Byrd goes from here? Think he'll win again this year? How about a major in his future?

The reason I have fallen in love with THP is because there are so few threads like this one. If you live in a warm weather climate go outside and hit balls, if you are like me and believe the balls in your pocket are frozen to your leg then go sit by your fireplace and warm up! This thread kinda sucks.

You do realize that both sides won't let it go, and one side of the argument includes the owner of the website? Or in your view, is it just the people on the "other" side of the argument that won't let it go?

Kevin

So put a guy in the booth. Great. Maybe that will solve the problem. It doesn't mean that Villegas got a raw deal because a viewer pointed out his mistake. There has been precedence for that.

I think I'm the only one that has voiced an opinion on Poulter's Tweets. It's disturbing to me that a tour player would insult the fans, then state that pointing out a rules violation was squealing. As if it's a school playground or a freakin' mafia movie. If a percentage of players on the tour feel the same way, it has a far greater problem.

Kevin

Villegas got a raw deal because he got DQ'd for flipping a peice of of a divot. 2 stroke penalty ok, but to be DQ'd just doesn't fit the crime.

You do realize that both sides won't let it go, and one side of the argument includes the owner of the website? Or in your view, is it just the people on the "other" side of the argument that won't let it go?

Kevin

Actually she has not said a single word in this thread.

Villegas got a raw deal because he got DQ'd for flipping a peice of of a divot. 2 stroke penalty ok, but to be DQ'd just doesn't fit the crime.

He didn't get DQ'd for flipping a piece of divot.

Kevin

Actually she has not said a single word in this thread.

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Kevin

Kevin
I purposely didn't call any single person out because I don't feel that any 1 person is driving this thing to the point of driving ME absolutely crazy. So please don't feel that my rant was directed at any 1 person because it wasn't. Had that been the case I would have taken it to a PM, not a public rant. I just want it all to stop really. :wink:

By putting an "official" in a booth you still aren't going to stop the viewing public from calling in on what they perceive as an infraction. And any information which comes to light still has to be acted on by the committee. You can't sequester the committee so that they are incommunicado. You won't have accomplished anything but add another position in the bureaucracy.

Would you agree then that if a violation is pointed out and found to have happened after a player has signed his card, that the worse thing that should happen is the strokes be added to the scorecard? This signing of a incorrect card after the fact is the crime here I think.

Fair enough. Safe to say neither side has let it go. I tried, but then the other side infuriated me sooooo much....LOL.

It's all in fun.

Kevin

Fair enough. Safe to say neither side has let it go. I tried, but then the other side infuriated me sooooo much....LOL.

It's all in fun.

Kevin
Oh I know what you mean, and I definitely have the option of ignoring the thread but every time I log in I see it right up at the top of the new posts threads and I just know that means people are still bickering back and forth. It's all good Kev, I'm just trying to keep the peace and hopefully try to get people to just remember that we're all here because we are golf fanatics and there are so many great things going on in golf right now, I'd hate to have something like this over shadow something like a future Hall of Fame golfer signing a new endorsement deal or a bunch of new PGA Tour rookies getting ready to blast off their first season on TOUR.

Oh I know what you mean, and I definitely have the option of ignoring the thread but every time I log in I see it right up at the top of the new posts threads and I just know that means people are still bickering back and forth. It's all good Kev, I'm just trying to keep the peace and hopefully try to get people to just remember that we're all here because we are golf fanatics and there are so many great things going on in golf right now, I'd hate to have something like this over shadow something like a future Hall of Fame golfer signing a new endorsement deal or a bunch of new PGA Tour rookies getting ready to blast off their first season on TOUR.

Sometimes we need a little hullabaloo. That way we can have make up threads. Some of the best threads of my life have been make up threads.

Kevin

Sometimes we need a little hullabaloo. That way we can have make up threads. Some of the best threads of my life have been make up threads.

Kevin

lol... even when youre mad youre my fave posting person

As is your prerogative, but the DQ was for signing an incorrect scorecard, not flipping a divot.

Kevin

His infraction called for a 2 stroke penalty. What would they have done if this had happened in the final round and it was not pointed out until the day after? The penalty simply does not fir the crime.

His infraction called for a 2 stroke penalty. What would they have done if this had happened in the final round and it was not pointed out until the day after? The penalty simply does not fir the crime.

Talk to the PGA, the USGA, and the R & A. They make the rules. Do you think you should be able to move your ball out of a divot in the fairway?

Kevin

Talk to the PGA, the USGA, and the R & A. They make the rules. Do you think you should be able to move your ball out of a divot in the fairway?

Kevin

I don't think I just do it...unless I'm in a tourney.

It been a good debate for the most part. I think they need to find a way for the penalties to be retroactive to the time the violation took place and end the this "signing incorrect" scorecard business.

Kevin

Personally, I do. I see it as ground under repair, but as long as the rules are what they are today, I don't move it, but I think that rule needs changed.

I think both sides of the argument are closer than they realize. All Tour golfers need to know all the rules...and in the off-chance, they make a mistake and/or forget one, there should be a PGA rules dude in the trailer to advise and consult with the player during the round.

Yahtzee!

I think both sides of the argument are closer than they realize. All Tour golfers need to know all the rules...and in the off-chance, they make a mistake and/or forget one, there should be a PGA rules dude in the trailer to advise and consult with the player during the round.

Yahtzee!

Agree. I need to know them better myself.

Personally, I do. I see it as ground under repair, but as long as the rules are what they are today, I don't move it, but I think that rule needs changed.

That's my point. The rules are the rules. There're a slew of them people want changed, not me so much, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be followed. The Tour players all know they get DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard. It's not unfair.

Kevin

Yahtzee!

these are my thoughts as well.

and rhino....i love me some yahtzee. lol

Does anyone else see the irony of a bunch of people sitting on their couches suggesting changes to the way that tournaments are run because they disapprove of someone sitting on their couch and changing the way that a tournament was run?

Does anyone else see the irony of a bunch of people sitting on their couches suggesting changes to the way that tournaments are run because they disapprove of someone sitting on their couch and changing the way that a tournament was run?

I, for one, am in a chair and not a couch. I think that is a KEY distinction and makes your argument void.

Back