FootJoy DryJoys Tour Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived at THP for review and we wanted to put up some pictures of the new line.

1155581859_8gvBN-L-1.jpg

1155581716_Lito9-L-1.jpg

1155581412_9eGtB-L-1.jpg

1155581560_FVn6u-L-1.jpg

1155582029_5LAmL-L-1.jpg

now these, I LOVE!!!! I love the simple look. and they are so classy looking. You lucky man!!! Nice Job FJ!!!!

Sweet, that is the shoe I chose in the FJ wins you win contest. I really like that look. Now all I need is for FJ to email me that I won.:D

now these, I LOVE!!!! I love the simple look. and they are so classy looking. You lucky man!!! Nice Job FJ!!!!

ha, I saw the pics and the first words I thought of were simple and classy... bang on One-T

Good lord those are beautiful shoes.

Initially I was like WHOA! Then I was like....eh...hmmm, well....but they are definitely very sharp looking shoes, hopefully they perform (I'm sure they will).

These are awesome and just flat out classy. Love it.

They are actually very similar to the MyJoys that I was creating around the time of the Holiday Cheer Contest.

love the detail of the crcoc skin!

Replace the crocodile with a nice top grain leather and I'm sold!
Unless they're over $200...

What a great looking pair of shoes. I love 'em.

Nice looking for sure, but I don't like the croc detail. Like RatFink said, change that for some leather and you'll a winner in my books!

I looked at the FJ site a couple of weeks ago after seeing an ad for these in my inbox.

I think several of the models look really good. They look similar to the Icon (I realize that they aren't the same) at a lower price point.

I like what FJ is doing with this line. I used to be a big FJ loyalist and have probably had eight to 10 pairs of DryJoys over the years since they first came out in the 90s. It used to be the automatic shoe that I would get. They were very solid shoes, they fit my feet well and I liked the classic look.

Over the past five years or so, it seems as if Footjoy has kind of lost its way a little bit. They had fewer classic looking shoes and they tried to be more cutting edge. I just don't think FJ is going to out-adidas or out-Nike adidas and Nike.

I admit to being a fan of golf shoes. I have three pairs currnently in the heavy rotation: A pair of black Tour 360 4.0s, a pair of Powerband 2.0s and a pair of DryJoys with the Boa lacing system. I have kind of lusted after a pair of Icons since they were released -- I love some of the classic designs -- but haven't pulled the trigger because of the cost. These might be a good substitute as they have great classic looks, but they also are more economical. Maybe a sweet pair of saddles or something that would look good with pants and shorts.

Simple with the design and classy with the reptilian print. I like them.

Not a fan of the croc accent. Will they make these in leather, too?

Not a fan of the croc accent. Will they make these in leather, too?

They usually have many different styles to choose from.

JB if you want me to review them for you let me know! I love the looks of them

These don't look very comfortable. Maybe it's just me being used to a more athletic/sneaker type golf shoe, but these look like they would be a pain to walk in all day.

These don't look very comfortable. Maybe it's just me being used to a more athletic/sneaker type golf shoe, but these look like they would be a pain to walk in all day.

I've always wondered the same thing with the 'classic' looking FJ shoes. I suspect that they are pretty comfortable, but from the outside, they don't look as comfortable as a sporty shoe to me. Like I said though, they are a pretty advanced company and surely know how to blend style and comfort pretty well.

These shoes were worn by Byrd last week, he seemed to be walking just fine up and down the hills in Kapalua.

I recently bought some FJ Super Lites and really like them a lot. When I first saw them on display I thought "There's no way these are going to be comfortable for me" but after trying on several differnt brands and styles of shoes, they really did feel the best to me in the store. Then I thought, "No way will these feel as good on the course" and I was wrong there too.
Can't always judge a book by its cover....!

If you mean like a sneaker or a sport-casual shoe than you're probably right. but if the pros are wearing these while they're hoofing around all the time I'm sure they're plenty comfy. especially for us hacks who ride most of the time anyway
I've always wondered the same thing with the 'classic' looking FJ shoes. I suspect that they are pretty comfortable, but from the outside, they don't look as comfortable as a sporty shoe to me. Like I said though, they are a pretty advanced company and surely know how to blend style and comfort pretty well.

I recently bought some FJ Super Lites and really like them a lot. When I first saw them on display I thought "There's no way these are going to be comfortable for me" but after trying on several differnt brands and styles of shoes, they really did feel the best to me in the store. Then I thought, "No way will these feel as good on the course" and I was wrong there too.
Can't always judge a book by its cover....!

Very good to know!

If you mean like a sneaker or a sport-casual shoe than you're probably right. but if the pros are wearing these while they're hoofing around all the time I'm sure they're plenty comfy. especially for us hacks who ride most of the time anyway

This is very true as well haha.

If you mean like a sneaker or a sport-casual shoe than you're probably right. but if the pros are wearing these while they're hoofing around all the time I'm sure they're plenty comfy. especially for us non serious golfers who ride most of the time anyway

FIFY Hanks!

Back