Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not ask permission? I have permission to play late at my local course ( they like to leave early) , I just pay the next time I am in.

How often do you guys replace the halos around your head? Im just saying hitting a golf ball at night is different than in the day and I think it has helped my ball striking. people fishing here arent trespassing as the lakes are stocked and allowed to be fished out of. I know its also catch and release. having no remorse? bro im hitting some golf balls into a pond and I wouldnt say a divot is course damage. Ive never tried glo ball golf but it sounds like a blast. hopefully ill get to try that out with out causing course damage or trespassing!!

I have spoken my piece. I see any further comment as pointless.

Apart from everything else that has been said, how is hitting in the dark helping you ball striking any more than just practicing in the day?

I usually play after school which is around 2 so the sun is setting around hole 17. Its not like i wanna go play 18 at 1130 I just sometimes feel the need to go hit a few shots. Im sure someone lives on a course here and goes and hits some shots whether its 3 in the afternoon or 9pm. Aggro maybe your "piece" lol would have an impact on some one who is sneaking on to a course and playing 18 without paying or someone who likes to do donuts in there 4x4 on the green.

Lol at the spelling police spelling something wrong.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

there is virtually no light out there so it was really a challenge when I first tried it but over the course of a few weeks It got to be familiar. I dont know but possibly keeping my main focus on hitting down on the ball because depth perception is at a minimum and not looking up before impact to see where the balls going because you cant see anyway?

there is virtually no light out there so it was really a challenge when I first tried it but over the course of a few weeks It got to be familiar. I dont know but possibly keeping my main focus on hitting down on the ball because depth perception is at a minimum and not looking up before impact to see where the balls going because you cant see anyway?
That's fine if you actually play your rounds in the dark too, but practicing like that means you're probably even more anxious to look up and see where it's going when it's light.

Just curious here, but do you have a swimming pool in your back yard, or even a trampoline? Let me guess, you wouldn't mind someone out there in the dark and the liability that goes with it.

ive lived next to golf courses all my life and hitting balls in the dark might kill one of the many teens that like to "make out" on the course in the middle of the night
lol

Like I said I think its actually helping me out on the course or range because I know if I focus on hitting down on the ball as well as not looking up to early I make better contact. These are concepts I already knew but I dunno ive been hitting the ball in the center of the club face so I cant complain.

I have had a trampoline and a pool or my parents have and the liability that is directly related to a diving board or getting injured while using a trampoline is EXACTLY the same and the risk factor involved with hitting some balls into a pond and diving into a pool IS A DIRECT correlation your right... sike. lets just say I hit some balls in an open field and it is a good time at night because its a bit more challenging.

Instead, let us say you are breaking the law by trespassing and that you feel no remorse for violating the law. As you obviously know it is wrong based on the repeated excuses you make for your actions and the fact that you feel no compunction to conform to the social mores of the society you live in, there really isn't anything to discuss is there? You will keep violating the law, and we as members of society who attempt to abide by the social contract implicit in living in a society will continue to point out you are wrong.

Instead, let us say you are breaking the law by trespassing and that you feel no remorse for violating the law. As you obviously know it is wrong based on the repeated excuses you make for your actions and the fact that you feel no compunction to conform to the social mores of the society you live in, there really isn't anything to discuss is there? You will keep violating the law, and we as members of society who attempt to abide by the social contract implicit in living in a society will continue to point out you are wrong.

Rep added.

Without getting into the right/wrong issue, I play a few sanctioned midnight golf tournaments each year. It is a blast. I don't know if it helps my game, but it sure have a good time doing it.

yeah... maybe not such a good idea to post on a hardcore golf forum filled with golf addicts that you sneak onto a course at night
woulda been much better if you just said you improved your ball striking by hitting down on balls in the dark
coulda meant anything like in your back yard or in one of the dark bays at dicks/golf galaxy or with your eyes closed
wording is everything on the internet

As another way of comparing things and wrecking it for other people - if you were to drive your car through the gates at a local race track and go drive around after dark and crash your car into the wall/tire wall, and spill your cars fluids and gasoline onto the track which ignites. In the end, no one cares what happens to your car, but now you've wrecked it for the other people who wanted to use that track properly.
What if you trespass onto a firing range and miss in the dark and hit something that isn't meant to be shot? Same thing again.
Nothing in either of these cases are public property, they are generally all privately owned and operated and probably has proper signage warning trespassers.
Either way, you're rationalizing something that goes against the social norm or social convention of being respectful to other peoples' property and not ruining it for other people.
I think a fair number of people here may be viewing your position as being self-righteous for thinking that you can go on whenever you want. Why bother even closing the courses down? Why not make them fair game 24/7 for anyone and everyone to just go and whack balls.
You say you are educated in golf (so I'm assuming golf etiquette as well), so use that education and treat the course as if it was another playing partner, and not your own personal stomping ground.

"Let me tell you a little story. I once knew a guy who could have been a great golfer, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to college instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean... You know who that guy was Danny? ... that guy was Mitch Comstein, my roommate. He was a good guy."

Completely unnecessary. Come on man.
here we go again. Your whack and so is your game. as long as we are pointing out flaws there is some cold hard evidence of your own. stop playing golf and go join the Force chump

Its a legal liability for you to be out there and damage is caused with every golf swing. If anything happens out there it could be a huge problem for the golf course, for you, and for everyone who plays there. Its best for everyone if you just arent out there. Whats 'whack' is you feeling the need to wrongfully put people down for no reason at all.

Guys.
Point has been made.
OP has dropped the subject
Can we just let this thing die the death that it deserves?

do you think it will be ok to break into the bank safe after dark and borrow some money???? ill be carefull not to break anythink i promise :D

Guys.
Point has been made.
OP has dropped the subject
Can we just let this thing die the death that it deserves?

Mods, can we get a lock down on this one?

Like RXGus said above point made.

Wow guys, not sure what to say here other than I believe this was poorly handled. This one is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back