Nike Method Core Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this post! I'm interested to see how the insert feels. I also noticed that the putter heads are different from the Method line. I hope to try one out at the outing

Yes, a CS Method! I hope to see these guys at the outing.

These should do well, especially at that price. Looking forward to checking them out.

These should do well, especially at that price. Looking forward to checking them out.

129.99 is a very competitive price

Very nice and I like that price too. JB do you know if one of the blade models will have an alignment dot instead of a line?

Great looking at a great price. I'm very interested to try these out!

These look great!!! Should be a lot of fun to try out.

Very nice and I like that price too. JB do you know if one of the blade models will have an alignment dot instead of a line?

they have some pictures in Golf Digest. Looks like they will have a line

129.99 is a very competitive price

I agree. Looks like they learned from last years Method price of $249. I dont see very many of them moving at that price but this one should be different. Looks like another addition to the OEM Collection 'O Putters coming soon.

they have some pictures in Golf Digest. Looks like they will have a line

Nooooooo! I went through a putter fitting with a PGA pro and I discovered that putters with lines actually cause me to get misaligned. I guess I will have to continue to wait for the price on the Method 001 to drop.

Here is a question for those out there that are fans of the Method and Nike Golf. With the new line of Methods coming in at a cheaper price, do you expect Nike to come out with another premium putter line? Rumors swirled around for a while, so I am curious what you guys think.

Here is a question for those out there that are fans of the Method and Nike Golf. With the new line of Methods coming in at a cheaper price, do you expect Nike to come out with another premium putter line? Rumors swirled around for a while, so I am curious what you guys think.

maybe that depends on if Scotty actually moves over to Nike. I would think they will come out with another premium line, but I don't know if it will be this year.

I work for a golf retailer and the Method never really seemed to take off although I like it personally. I would have to guess that Nike has bailed on that level of putter.

Did Nike do this as a result of lackluster sales figures with the original Method (speculating here) and the underwhelming buzz of the polymer groove insert? Or is the 'more traditional insert' of the Method Core more about giving the consumer a choice? groove inserts vs. traditional insert with grooves?

I love the darker finish to these and think they're sessy x2. Price point is excellent as well

Nike Core Two Duo? lol

i think nike comes out with a "premium" method line in 2011. at least they should, especially since tiger's putting one in his bag full time. the same guys that lined up to buy camerons will flock to the method once tiger "officially" puts it in his bag.

we're all just sheep.

i think nike comes out with a "premium" method line in 2011. at least they should, especially since tiger's putting one in his bag full time. the same guys that lined up to buy camerons will flock to the method once tiger "officially" puts it in his bag.

we're all just sheep.

I agree, I think it's a well set plan to get back into that arena and yet plase the masses with a great price point in this model.

i really liked the original method - and im sure ill roll one of these very soon. nice looking putter -

So the original Method line is done? They won't be continuing it anymore? I was under the impression that these were a lower priced addition to the Method line in general. I might have been wrong though.

So the original Method line is done? They won't be continuing it anymore? I was under the impression that these were a lower priced addition to the Method line in general. I might have been wrong though.

I dont have an answer for you on that. Maybe they do continue it with future models as their premium line.

I think so. I'm kinda hoping they alternate lines each year (insert vs non insert). I was thinking these were going to be a premium line as well.

I think it is very interesting that Nike chose to make this CORE METHOD putter, from what I have read about this putter is that it gets the ball rolling faster but not as fast as the original METHOD. So im not sure that i understand....the entire point of the first METHOD was to produce "true roll" and now you introduce a product that provides "true roll" but not as fast as the original design. I also think that this is a way to eventually introduce another premium line of METHOD putters, especially after Tiger wins a couple of times with his. I wonder if Tiger's METHOD uses, GSS steel that was in his Cameron with the METHOD grooves. And I am a huge Nike Fan, all swoosh bag coming soon, well not the wedges.

Back