Who is the Best "All Around" Equipment Company?

at this point it really just becomes a "Who do you like better" of the following six;

Bridgestone
Callaway
Nike
Titleist
TaylorMade
Wilson

Doesn't it? I mean those are the only ones i can think of of that make woods, irons. wedges, putters and balls anyway...

Keep in mind that Bridgestone does not make putters.

I couldn't pick Sri Sports b/c I simply havent hit them. Maybe Someday... Like when the contest results come out... *wink and nod*

I would definately have to say callaway. Love their irons and wedges. And the odyssey putters. :act-up:

Wow, I'd have a really hard time just picking one.

My bag right now has 7 different makes: Cobra, Tour Edge, Adams, Srixon, Titleist, Cleveland, Odyssey (Callaway).

Gun to head, although presently absent from my bag, I'd probably go with Taylor Made. I've loved many of their drivers and irons. I'm sure I could learn to like their FW's, wedges, and putters. I think, anyway. :wink:

Wow, I'd have a really hard time just picking one.

My bag right now has 7 different makes: Cobra, Tour Edge, Adams, Srixon, Titleist, Cleveland, Odyssey (Callaway).

Gun to head, although presently absent from my bag, I'd probably go with Taylor Made. I've loved many of their drivers and irons. I'm sure I could learn to like their FW's, wedges, and putters. I think, anyway. :wink:

You would be a sponsors worst nightmare.
During negotiations
"But... I love all the companies..."

As of right now I would have to say TM. Their only weakness is the wedges. Im not saying they are poor but there are definitely much better ones out there.

As of right now I would have to say TM. Their only weakness is the wedges. Im not saying they are poor but there are definitely much better ones out there.

hmm. I played Vokeys and CG15s before I got my xFT. I thought that the TM wedge was easier to play. The xFT seems to weigh more that the others which makes it easier for me to go down and hit the ball purely.

I would have to go with Nike. I may love adidas gear...ok love maybe isn't strong enough but after today I'm convinced that the Nike storm fit may be the best outer-wear on the market.

Equipment wise, Drivers don't give the all out distance of other companies but they are forgiving and dependable, irons feel great, wedges and putters are getting better with each release. The One line of balls are great as well. Now if they would go back and update the sumo hybrid line, which imo is the best hybrid they ever released, they could make serious noise in the golfing world.

Now if they would go back and update the sumo hybrid line, which imo is the best hybrid they ever released, they could make serious noise in the golfing world.

+1. I love my SQ SUMO Hybrid. It isn't in my bag, but I thought that club was one of the best hybrids ever released. It was easy to hit and went forever. It was a simple design that functioned like a champ.

This is a great topic. Here is a question, does someone choosing the company have to include whether or not they make every product? For instance do they have to make a ball too? Or how about apparel and shoes? Or is the topic merely driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter?

Does not have to include balls or apparel for me. Would be nice if, but I don't see Ping ever getting back in the ball business. I like Ping because they make good products, have super customer service and my home course has a great relationship with them and I buy everything there to help the course.

TM for me. I've never been one to go for brand and have multiple companies represented in my bag, including a non-OEM, but TM just seems to have a good bit of everything, especially if you factor in all of the Adidas stuff. Even as it is I already carry a TM driver, Rescue, Putter, and nearly pulled the trigger on some R9 TP this month and still might wind up with those later in the year after a few months of GolfTEC lessons. :)

Not too many Mizuno fans on this site, huh?

Not too many Mizuno fans on this site, huh?

Sure there are. But I think most are talking about complete lines and in the US Mizuno does not make a ball.

TM would be my first choice. I love their ball, their drivers, and their irons. I don't mind the wedges or putters either. I think I could be happy playing an all TM bag. The addidas clothes/footwear are top notch too.

I have to change my vote. My favorite company is Adams, but my favorite all around company is Taylormade. I love their irons, putters, drivers, etc.

Changing my vote to Cleveland/Srixon. They are the best of almost every single category IMO (ball, driver, hybrids, wedges and putters, can't comment about the irons yet as I have not really hit them).

The swoosh....

New to the site - first post. This is a great place from info & have been reading for a while. Right now I am going with Titleist -- although from everything I have been reading I am going to give the new Cleveland mashie a try and get a TM Supertri to tinker with. Now I just have to find a Miyazaki shaft.

This may change after once I start playing in the spring.

Cleveland/Srixon. They've got it all firing right now.

My vote goes to Titliest and to me its not really close. Prov1 balls, Vokey wedges, Scotty Cameron putters, fantastic drivers and fairways woods, and some of the prettiest blades and player cavity backs on the market. All tour level gear.

They could be argued as the single best-in-breed of any of these categories as well.

Cleveland/Srixon. They've got it all firing right now.

I said TM way back on the first or second page, but after looking at everything and thinking about it for a while I am starting to lean towards Srixon/Cleveland. I still love me some TM as my bag says but Cleveland is coming hard and the z-star is a sick ball.

IMO it would be taylormade or adams. taylormade is probably #1 with adams just behind then fowled by titleist

I really like what TM is offering atm - they really can cover every aspect of golf. Callaway is right there too and i am anticipating hitting their stuff at the outing.
Cleveland doesnt make golf balls - but their club lines are REALLY popping out at me. Dont even have to mention the mashie craze - but i really love their wedges, the niblick - and i cant wait to hit their irons. They are moving in the right diretion.

This is one of those questions that is very tough to answer IMO. Everyone has their "go to" companies that they lean towards. I happen to love PING's products. The only other companies I have spent serious time with are Titleist and Cleveland. I like both of them, Cleveland rating higher than Titleist. I haven't hit any TaylorMade clubs or Callaway clubs for that matter - looking forward to trying out a few more...

Back