The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 58" plasma and LOVE it. Nice pick up Spanks!

We went with a Mitsubishi and I think it's 54" or 56". We've had it like 4 years and I really can't remember much about it other than it's not LCD or the plasma, LDP or something comes to mind. It's 1080P and flatscreen is all I know, lol.

Had a choice between a 55" LED and the plasma and I chose the latter because the PQ was so much better. I don't think I'll jump into LED's until the price on the OLED's go down. Oh and Samsung owed me for making me wait so long for a replacement TV so they hooked me up with Sunday delivery. Gotta say that they took good care of me so props to Samsung.

Very nice pick up dude. I had a plasma for a few years and just loved it. Cant really go wrong either way.

Very nice pick up dude. I had a plasma for a few years and just loved it. Cant really go wrong either way.

Nope and if you like watching sports you can't beat plasma.

I hope TV's aren't some form of compensation elsewhere, b/c i'm rocking the 35'' flat screen LCD........BOOOM!!

I hope TV's aren't some form of compensation elsewhere, b/c i'm rocking the 35'' flat screen LCD........BOOOM!!

Of course not, my F-350 super duty truck, with its lift kit and huge rims tells the world, thats not a banana in his pocket.

If that was the case, wouldn't the big one be in the bedroom? hehe

Reactions: TC
If that was the case, wouldn't the big one be in the bedroom? hehe

I'm totally leaving you some rep for that one duey! Classic!

We went with a Mitsubishi and I think it's 54" or 56". We've had it like 4 years and I really can't remember much about it other than it's not LCD or the plasma, LDP or something comes to mind. It's 1080P and flatscreen is all I know, lol.

If you remembered that DLP I had in the family room, I bought that about 4.5 years ago and all of a sudden it started popping up with these white dots in late November (looks like I was watching TV through a starry night). Well after extensive research I found out that my TV was part of a class action lawsuit for the same issues (DLP chip was failing and the mirrors stopped working with it left on "on" hence the dots) so Sammy hooked me up with a new TV for a nominal fee.

So lesson learned if your tv starts acting goofy, google your model number and see if you're not the only one having the same issue. If you're not the only one, chances are there's a class action lawsuit somewhere and you could be eligible for free repair or a free or discounted replacement even if it's out of warranty.

ha! We only have one TV, I'm so not a guy's guy.

Wow, we have 6 right now and I don't watch much tv, lol. 3 are in storage for when we get a new house, but will likely be sold this spring and replaced once we move.

If you remembered that DLP I had in the family room, I bought that about 4.5 years ago and all of a sudden it started popping up with these white dots in late November (looks like I was watching TV through a starry night). Well after extensive research I found out that my TV was part of a class action lawsuit for the same issues (DLP chip was failing and the mirrors stopped working with it left on "on" hence the dots) so Sammy hooked me up with a new TV for a nominal fee.

So lesson learned if your tv starts acting goofy, google your model number and see if you're not the only one having the same issue. If you're not the only one, chances are there's a class action lawsuit somewhere and you could be eligible for free repair or a free or discounted replacement even if it's out of warranty.

Great to know, I'm going to google mine right now. Something in mine, can't remember what it is, went out within a month of buying it and has gone out once since. I replace it myself each time, but they cover the cost up till last time. If it goes again it's like $100 a pop.

Pipe Dreams is on TC I know youre watching it.

Great to know, I'm going to google mine right now. Something in mine, can't remember what it is, went out within a month of buying it and has gone out once since. I replace it myself each time, but they cover the cost up till last time. If it goes again it's like $100 a pop.

Sounds like you're replacing the lamp (you probably have a DLP or an older LCD). If it is, that's not warranted because it has a lifespan (like a lightbulb). In that case scenario I'd just check if other owners are having to change it frequently as well (you shouldn't have to unless it's on 24/7) and that could be the tv. Just a reference, that one that just got replaced is a DLP and I still haven't changed the lamp on it and it's 4.5 years old.

Sounds like you're replacing the lamp (you probably have a DLP or an older LCD). If it is, that's not warranted because it has a lifespan (like a lightbulb). In that case scenario I'd just check if other owners are having to change it frequently as well (you shouldn't have to unless it's on 24/7) and that could be the tv. Just a reference, that one that just got replaced is a DLP and I still haven't changed the lamp on it and it's 4.5 years old.

Yep, just googled the model and it's a DLP. The tv is almost 4.5 years old, lol, and those lamps went out really early on. Liz just reminded me that a tech came and replaced a part in it that fixed the lamp problem, but there's lot of complaints on line about it over heating from a bad air flow problem. However, there's no lawsuites or anything going on. I'm sitting here thinking I might advertise this thing and check into something newer. Wish I'd have thought about it right before football season.

Yep, just googled the model and it's a DLP. The tv is almost 4.5 years old, lol, and those lamps went out really early on. Liz just reminded me that a tech came and replaced a part in it that fixed the lamp problem, but there's lot of complaints on line about it over heating from a bad air flow problem. However, there's no lawsuites or anything going on. I'm sitting here thinking I might advertise this thing and check into something newer. Wish I'd have thought about it right before football season.

Fans are really important, I outfitted my entertainment unit with small computer case fans, 2 in every compartment (1 in, 1 out). I spend money on good quality electronics and I want them to last and work their best.

Try google-ing the issue plus the word mitsubishi. Also try AVS Forum if the search leads you that way. They are pretty hardcore over there and could lead you to some answers. I'm always here so PM me if you need some help.

That explains the Euro golf on the weekends dude. That's TC time with the TV!
ha! We only have one TV, I'm so not a guy's guy.

Fans are really important, I outfitted my entertainment unit with small computer case fans, 2 in every compartment (1 in, 1 out). I spend money on good quality electronics and I want them to last and work their best.

Thats kind of a cool idea, thanks.

Try google-ing the issue plus the word mitsubishi. Also try AVS Forum if the search leads you that way. They are pretty hardcore over there and could lead you to some answers. I'm always here so PM me if you need some help.

Thanks Spank, I'll check that out and see what I can find.

There's a Grove TM 50E-2 crane truck out back here at work. I'm just going to stand and watch it. Love heavy machinery. Grrrrr

OEM Kevin

There's a Grove TM 50E-2 crane truck out back here at work. I'm just going to stand and watch it. Love heavy machinery. Grrrrr

OEM Kevin

In the summer, me and the boy would go to construction sites and just watch the big movers. Fun stuff.

In the summer, me and the boy would go to construction sites and just watch the big movers. Fun stuff.

Gotta love that. The cardboard truck even came to empty the cardboard dumpster while I was watching the other stuff, BONUS. When I win the lottery Im going to buy my own skid loader, back hoe and armored tuck. Just because.

Not much for heavy machinery, but a Chromed out F350 King Ranch Dualie will send a shiver up your spine. We have a chromed out F250 XLT Now....It's a beast

Here is the F-350....:shock::rockon::victory::worship:
KingRanch1.26262729_std.jpg

Gotta love that. The cardboard truck even came to empty the cardboard dumpster while I was watching the other stuff, BONUS. When I win the lottery Im going to buy my own skid loader, back hoe and armored tuck. Just because.

if you make it to victoria one day i'll let you play with my bucket truck and boom lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back