TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I personally think that it would be best if you started with a higher loft and went down, adding loft by changing face angle would promote a draw and if you fight a hook that would increase your hook.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought what was so cool about the R11 is that you can change loft without changing lie? Why would changing loft change the face angle and promote a draw?

Guys I think the adjustability of this driver is phenomenal. Yes adjustability has been here, but not like this.

Someone, JB, tell me if I'm right or wrong but the fact that you can change loft without affecting lie means that I can get a 9 degree driver and adjust it up to a 10 in an attempt to get more carry? That's pretty awesome if you ask me. The customization seems so top notch with this one.
Titleist has the same thing in the 910's.

Question for all of you bagging some version of the R9.

How did you find out which shaft was right for you with all of the different options? I have been pondering either the Supertri or the R11 but from what I understand the Fujikura Blur (in the R11) only comes in Stiff and Regular. I need more along the lines of an X flex and without having access to a launch monitor and a host of shafts I'm not exactly sure on how to go about finding a shaft that would pair well with the head and work for me.

How did you find out which shaft was right for you with all of the different options? I have been pondering either the Supertri or the R11 but from what I understand the Fujikura Blur (in the R11) only comes in Stiff and Regular. I need more along the lines of an X flex and without having access to a launch monitor and a host of shafts I'm not exactly sure on how to go about finding a shaft that would pair well with the head and work for me.

Send golftec a pm on here and they will help you out. I didn't know my SS but gave them some numbers of my distances of some clubs and what I was looking for in a shaft and what ball flight. He was able to recommend me a shaft just off distances and what I was looking for in a shaft and i got the shaft a couple weeks back and it is perfect so far. I'd say that would be the next best thing to do if you can't get on a monitor. Which is basically ask someone that is around monitors all day long because they can probably narrow down your search a whole lot, I know it helped me and I would definitely do it again if I need to.

Hey JB, still hitting missiles with the R11 3w? I really liked the original superfast 3w but this has really caught my eye. Nothing beats being able to adjust the clubface by a turn of a wrench. Shaft still holding up well?

I skimmed, so sorry if you answered all this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The R11 and the SuperTri are VERY different drivers made for very different players. One is considered a high spin driver head. If you are looking for a comparison such as this, you may want to look at original R9 vs R11 and see which one works best for you.

As for trying them out, there is still 1 spot open for the THP Demo Day and we will have R11 drivers out there with about 20 or so shafts for people to try out.

The R11 and the SuperTri are VERY different drivers made for very different players. One is considered a high spin driver head. If you are looking for a comparison such as this, you may want to look at original R9 vs R11 and see which one works best for you.

As for trying them out, there is still 1 spot open for the THP Demo Day and we will have R11 drivers out there with about 20 or so shafts for people to try out.

So the R11 is a lower spin driver in comparison to the SuperTri?

so, did SethO and P4B get a little time in with these?

so, did SethO and P4B get a little time in with these?

They hit them on the range, but not the course. Setho played the Srixon and P4B played the Burner 2.0

Anyone know the weight of the two heads - R11 versus Superfast 2.0? The difference was significant in the R9 and original Superfast. So much so that the R9 felt like a sledgehammer to me. I much prefer a lighter head and shaft feel. And my swingspeed needs all the help it can get. I also have high launch angle, high spin characteristics so the Superfast works much better. If the spin is lower with the R11/Matrix HD combo and the head's not as heavy, I'd prefer the ability to change the loft and face angle that the R11 presents.

Just got my tracking # and my R11 will be here Thursday. This weekend I will get some numbers with it on the launch monitor comparing it to the supertri with same shafts.

Just got my tracking # and my R11 will be here Thursday. This weekend I will get some numbers with it on the launch monitor comparing it to the supertri with same shafts.

You lucky dog!!! Can't wait to see the comparison and hear your thoughts.

Man this driver looks to be the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, I think the original R9 was probably one of my favorite drivers. With the right shaft I was really liking it. I don't know what type of player I am but I know I hit a high ball usually and this may or may not work out.

Man this driver looks to be the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, I think the original R9 was probably one of my favorite drivers. With the right shaft I was really liking it. I don't know what type of player I am but I know I hit a high ball usually and this may or may not work out.

You and me both. I'm very much wanting to try this one out and see how she does.

You know i'm a high ball hitter and the R9 is great for me, that's why I'm anticipating the R11 so much. I like technology, I like the white, so it should be a natural fit.

I sure do man. That's kinda why I hesitate to call myself one haha. I really think the R11 is gonna blow people away. If you let the technology soak in, it's just insane.

You know i'm a high ball hitter and the R9 is great for me, that's why I'm anticipating the R11 so much. I like technology, I like the white, so it should be a natural fit.

We need an intervention here.

Spoiler
Spoiler
man-snorting-cocaine-2.jpg

Taylormades website now has videos of their guys (DJ, Sean, etc.) getting dialed in with the R11. It is pretty awesome to see how big of a difference a few adjustments on this driver can make. At first I was leaning toward the 2.0 but after seeing these videos I think I am on the R11 bandwagon.

Thank god I am in the market for a new driver this summer. Based on the new releases I hope we see another Driver Shootout soon! Immediatly upon reading this thread I imagined an R11 and a R11 Fairway to go in my bag with my new TP hybrid.

I would definitely recommend people that have questions on the adjustibility take a look at the TM page. It gives some pretty good graphics explaining the whole process. It really just makes me want to grab one up.

just to make things easier for folks:

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/Default2.aspx

Thanks dude. I see myself grabbing the 10° and messing with the FCT to get the loft right and then setting the AST back to Neutral. I haven't found a weight configuration that works better than the neutral setting, but would love to mess around with it a bit.

FLTC in the hizzie

Back