Farmers Insurance Open [SPOILERS]

Bubba givee the same teary interview after every tourn he's won. I'm not being cynical at all, it's touching to me that his father's death is still a driving factor for him. I hope someday he plays and just has fun.

Holy crap he damn near dunked it.

Yeah what a shot. Bubba doesnt make birdie from the sand and were in a playoff. Nice finish

Bubba played solid all day! congrats on the win

Good tournament. Fun to watch. Wanted Phil to win, but Bubba's OK too.

Finished 41st in the Fantasy League after being as high as 4th earlier today. 18th overall. All unofficial!

What a great tournament. I must say, I am really enjoying fantacy golf on THP, even with an incredily poor showing for me this week, (104, haha). This makes watching watching the pro's and THP that much sweeter.

What a great tournament. I must say, I am really enjoying fantacy golf on THP, even with an incredily poor showing for me this week, (104, haha). This makes watching watching the pro's and THP that much sweeter.

I know what you mean, it really is fun watching and following the fantasy golf standings during the tournament. Hang in there, you beat my last week finish of 105. I have had 2 strong weeks otherwise and stand at 7th in the unofficial standings so an off week won't kill your season.

I think bubba heard me when I didn't pick him because he hasn't done anything this season yet... hahahha. Good tournament.

9 for the week, 6th for the season Yeah baby. And someone was saying that picking Bubba in 2011 wasn't a good choice :rofl:

I know what you mean, it really is fun watching and following the fantasy golf standings during the tournament. Hang in there, you beat my last week finish of 105. I have had 2 strong weeks otherwise and stand at 7th in the unofficial standings so an off week won't kill your season.

It's kind of funny how things worked out here as I had some players in the top tier, but so many of us had the same players, lol. I started to change my group at the last minute by adding Phil and Vegas, but last time I did that it came back to bite me, so left well enough alone. It was fun anyway we go, I'll catch up to you guys yet, haha

The THP fantasy league really enhanced my enjoyment of this tourney. Team clam climbed into the top ten!

Great tourney and like everyone said the fantasy aspect of it makes everything that much more interesting

9 for the week, 6th for the season Yeah baby. And someone was saying that picking Bubba in 2011 wasn't a good choice :rofl:

That would be me. And to my defense I didn't say 2011, I said this week, and just because he hadn't been hot this season yet. Just saying... :curl-lip:

That would be me. And to my defense I didn't say 2011, I said this week, and just because he hadn't been hot this season yet. Just saying... :curl-lip:

Well, I would venture to say the boy has warmed up nicely

Enjoyable back 9, but until the last putt it seemed like one guy would end up winning because the others threw it away. And Bubba didn't exactly inspire confidence on the back 9. Changing his routine, looked like his life hung on the shots etc. That 7-iron into 18? He can hit it miles right and puts it in an almost impossible spot. Aim center, hit a little hold off fade?

In the end, a clutch putt, but it wasn't very pretty.

This might be a bit off topic but i really like the looks of Phil's Callaway Bag.

I enjoyed the end of the tourney. Phil's almost slam dunk made for some great TV and I always love to see Bubba do good things.

That was a tense ending indeed! Great viewing. A few more finishes like this over the season please!

Phil really showed how 'driven' he was this week, with that eagle putt that just didn't drop. How much did he want that?!

Great tournament, Phil was so close and Bubba was great.Tiger had some trouble late,DJ looked good as well.All in all great time watching.

I wonder if Vegas putting that approach on 18 into the water will be a good eye opener and wake up call for a young guy. I always like to see how guys bounce back after something like that. I'm rooting for him!

Am I the only one who likes that pink shaft? I love it.

Love that shaft also, I'm currently gaming a G15 as well. If I change my shaft out to pink wonder if I'll get out there 350 instead of 250,LOL.

Definitely some of the best golf tv I've seen lately. Hopefully we get a lot of battles like this all year!

Enjoyable to watch. Bubba is the Brett Favre of the PGA Tour - the gunslinger who says screw the status quo, screw mechanics, screw course management, etc. I like having that type of character in contention. It's good for the game on TV. I don't know how he does it with that swing, but he does.

Enjoyable back 9, but until the last putt it seemed like one guy would end up winning because the others threw it away. And Bubba didn't exactly inspire confidence on the back 9. Changing his routine, looked like his life hung on the shots etc. That 7-iron into 18? He can hit it miles right and puts it in an almost impossible spot. Aim center, hit a little hold off fade?

In the end, a clutch putt, but it wasn't very pretty.

I concur, Bubba looked rattled, and while i admire his ability to lose control of his emotions and being man enough, comfortable enough in his own skin, to cry on national tv; seeing stuff like that makes me wonder if he has the stone to win a major. I don't mean to sound condescending i just think it takes a different type of mentality to do it on the big stage than at the farmers.

I think it was Faldo, maybe mccord who pointed out on the back 9 how bubba was making wild, violent practice swings with his putter then he'd address the ball and make a meek stroke. It worked this past week, but more often i think it's going to work against you. For all of his "missteps" down the stretch, Watson was BOMBING the ball and hitting it in the short stuff and when he missed the fairway it wasn't all that serious. Also he made some huge lengthy putts, which i assume is a direct result of all the practice they mentioned he put in over the winter, but i can't help but wonder if he would have had the mental confidence to make the putt on 18 if he hadn't hit that huge putt on 16. I like bubba, he's an entertaining golfer, seems like a decent guy, very honest fellow.

Very entertaining tournament as a whole, you had tiger and daly on day 1, kim, mickelson, vegas, fowler, dustin were all in the mix for the duration, it was great for golf. We've been blessed with a very entertaining early season, the playoff in kapalua, Mark Wilson making clutch shots down the stretch to hang on at the Sony, a playoff at the hope followed by a star studded leaderboard complete with back 9 fireworks at the farmer's. For all the preseason hype about the pga tour 2011 with the young turks v. the old guard, i think the play on the course has exceeded said hype.

Back