TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

Cant argue with the numbers. Curious if you hit the regular SF 2.0 and the numbers were worse or did you just go for the TP version. I looked at both and liked the TP a lot more but that was just based on looks. And welcome to THP.

I hit the TP only. Guy at Golfsmith said with my swing speed I would benefit more from the slightly heavier and upgraded shaft. I wish I could go with the regular one due to the extra $100 that comes with the TP version. Which leads me to my next question.

Does the TP make a difference? I really love the look of the white crown and LOVE the extra yards but does it really make a difference?

I hit the TP only. Guy at Golfsmith said with my swing speed I would benefit more from the slightly heavier and upgraded shaft. I wish I could go with the regular one due to the extra $100 that comes with the TP version. Which leads me to my next question.

Does the TP make a difference? I really love the look of the white crown and LOVE the extra yards but does it really make a difference?

I think the letters TP cost $100 extra to print lol. Im not really sure about that one. Let me return with another question. When I was looking at them both its seemed the TP was much smaller then the regular. Did you notice this too or was I just seeing things?

I think the letters TP cost $100 extra to print lol. Im not really sure about that one. Let me return with another question. When I was looking at them both its seemed the TP was much smaller then the regular. Did you notice this too or was I just seeing things?

I noticed that, I liked the way the TP set up better for me.

I didn't hit the regular SF. I might have to though to compare spin rate and see if the TP stamp does make a difference. I did notice that they do have a bit of weight in the TP that the regular model does not have! Hate to spend $400.00 but to be in the short grass more I might have to!!

Yeah I didnt hit either one but liked what I saw from the TP much better.

You're just seeing things OEM but I am with you it looked smaller to me as well. If you go to the Taylormade website and check the specs on the 2.0 TP it is listed as a 460cc head.

Gianna, the 2.0 TP is actually quite a bit different from the standard 2.0. The TP version sits 1 degree open and has a weight port in the toe to promote a fade shot shape. Also it is a shorter club and you would then have the choice of many different TP shafts if you went that route.

Gianna, the 2.0 TP is actually quite a bit different from the standard 2.0. The TP version sits 1 degree open and has a weight port in the toe to promote a fade shot shape. Also it is a shorter club and you would then have the choice of many different TP shafts if you went that route.

The TP is shorter than the reg? What length is it?

Wow makes me want to get it even more now.

DO IT!!!

You can get the original SF TP for cheap right now. Id hit both the SF TP and SF TP 2.0 to see which you like. I personally prefer the original looks, its black and just looks mean.

DO IT!!!

You can get the original SF TP for cheap right now. Id hit both the SF TP and SF TP 2.0 to see which you like. I personally prefer the original looks, its black and just looks mean.

I do hate the pattern on the top of the club though, I'm really intrigued by the white.

I played a round in the simulator again today and focused more on my launch angle and ball speed numbers, with the SuperFast 2.0 my launch angle is between 12 and 13 degrees and I've seen an increase of 7 mph in ball speed. Before I was seeing my ball speed right around 151 with a 8* launch, today my ball speed was around 157 to 158 with as I said a 12 to 13* launch angle. Unfortunately the simulator I play in doesn't show me swing speed, but last fall my swing speed was around 110 at the outing. I am really going to like those numbers when I can finally get it outside. One more thing to note, I specifically tried to notice the increased length of the SF 2.0 but it just really didn't seem to affect me at all, definitely a very good thing. I don't know how TM does it, I don't and didn't really notice the extra inch or so on the 2.0 irons either.

P4B, are you reviewing one for THP or was this one at the shop?

I believe he's reviewing one for THP lil bro.....he called me, told me all about his #'s and he was pretty pumped up. Seems like this could be the perfect driver for my counterpart on the airwaves! I'm glad it is working out for him so far.

I believe he's reviewing one for THP lil bro.....he called me, told me all about his #'s and he was pretty pumped up. Seems like this could be the perfect driver for my counterpart on the airwaves! I'm glad it is working out for him so far.

sweet, it didnt make a difference if he was or not, I was just wondering. I always look forward to his reviews so I was happy to see this in his hands.

Yep, reviewing this for THP. Skimmer.

I was very pumped with the numbers I saw today. Especially the ball speed increase, that is a pretty significant jump. I can't wait to get it back outside!!

sweet, it didnt make a difference if he was or not, I was just wondering. I always look forward to his reviews so I was happy to see this in his hands.
I appreciate the kind words buddy, hopefully I don't disappoint with this review!

Yep, reviewing this for THP. Skimmer.

I was very pumped with the numbers I saw today. Especially the ball speed increase, that is a pretty significant jump. I can't wait to get it back outside!!

I appreciate the kind words buddy, hopefully I don't disappoint with this review!

I take back my kind words for calling me a skimmer. haha. man, there has been so much going on on THP i missed it. Well, I am glad you are having good results and I look forward to hearing more

because there is so much orange, it really makes you focus on the shades of orange he is wearing. If it was split up it is far less noticeable. For example usually I like to wear Orange pants, orange belt, white shirt, orange hat. The orange hat is a slight different shade of orange but hardly noticeable because of the minimal orange I have. I feel outfits always need to be broken up. A hat or belt does that.

because there is so much orange, it really makes you focus on the shades of orange he is wearing. If it was split up it is far less noticeable. For example usually I like to wear Orange pants, orange belt, white shirt, orange hat. The orange hat is a slight different shade of orange but hardly noticeable because of the minimal orange I have. I feel outfits always need to be broken up. A hat or belt does that.

you must have got excited an posted in the wrong thread

you must have got excited an posted in the wrong thread

lmao @ Dent!

Nice one buddy, hahaha. I don't know why but this just cracked me up.

lmfao!! I was wondering where my post went. I kept looking back at that actual thread by 9I and nothing was there. My bad guys!! I'll keep it up for humour.

Dent that post had me scratching my head, I was like who is wearing orange and hitting the SF 2.0 and how is this supposed to be relating to this club? Very funny stuff!

I take back my kind words for calling me a skimmer. haha. man, there has been so much going on on THP i missed it. Well, I am glad you are having good results and I look forward to hearing more
Ah dude I'm a skimmer too. I bust myself all the time, I'll ask JB a question regarding something up on the site and his response is "you should read our forum sometime" so I know. I am really seeing good results so far, the exact kind of results I hoped to see too so that's even more encouraging. I lost a couple of shots way right with it at Windermere Country Club but I figure as I get some swings in with it all will be good by golf season. The good news is that the place I hit in the simulator also has heated bays outside on the range, even those are frozen over right now but we're going to be heating up this week so I'll get some outdoor range time in with it soon.

Jake, does the simulator give you a good idea of shot dispersion?

Back