Northern Trust Open [Spoilers]

I would like to offer my apologies to the following professional golfers:

Had I not picked any of you, certainly you would have stood a chance this week.

You said it, man... I had a brutal first round.

Im glad to see you didnt pick much of the same guys i did. 3 or 4 I can live with. Plus. Lukey D is going to win this thing.

I would like to offer my apologies to the following professional golfers:

Dustin Johnson
Lucas Glover
Matt Kuchar
Justin Leonard
Bubba Watson
Phil Mickelson
Mark Wilson
Kevin Streelman
Luke Donald
Jhonattan Vegas

Had I not picked any of you, certainly you would have stood a chance this week.

How about Freddy Couples making eagle on his first hole of round 2 to currently hold the solo lead. Go Freddy!

Here is an interesting article. Jim Gray was removed from Golf Channel's coverage of the Northern Trust because of a heated argument he had with Bobby Brown, Dustin Johnson's Caddy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...lf-channels-coverage-of-northern-trust-open/1

Jim Gray has been "removed" from the Golf Channel's coverage of the Northern Trust Open in Pacific Palisades, Calif. this week, according to network spokesman Dan Higgins.

Gray apparently got into a heated argument with golfer Dustin Johnson's caddie Thursday. Johnson incurred a two-stroke penalty after nearly missing his tee time, a blunder Gray reported on the network's Golf Central show. After Johnson posted a first round 73, his caddie got into a profanity-laced argument with Gray.

"Our aim is to provide the best possible golf coverage for our viewers. Anything else is a disservice. In order not to provide further distraction, we've decided to remove Jim from this particular assignment," Higgins told Game On! Friday.

His removal from Golf Channel's coverage marks another controversy for Gray. He got into eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation with Ryder Cup Captain Corey Pavin in August that was witnessed by USA TODAY golf reporter Steve DiMeglio. Pavin told DiMeglio and others that Gray stuck his finger in his face and said, "You're a liar," and "You're going down."

Previously, Gray served as LeBron James hand-picked interviewer for ESPN's criticall- panned TV special, The Decision, in which Gray inexplicably wound his way through a series of minor questions before asking the NBA superstar what team he would sign with for this season.

How about Freddy Couples making eagle on his first hole of round 2 to currently hold the solo lead. Go Freddy!

Who needs youth or a good back? Go old man, go! :)

Here is an interesting article. Jim Gray was removed from Golf Channel's coverage of the Northern Trust because of a heated argument he had with Bobby Brown, Dustin Johnson's Caddy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...lf-channels-coverage-of-northern-trust-open/1

So Johnson's caddy has been taking Stevie lessons? Who the heck is Johnson's caddy and when did it become his business to get involved in reporting the news? I haven't seen video of this argument, but could it have been the caddy's fault and that's what was reported?

So Johnson's caddy has been taking Stevie lessons? Who the heck is Johnson's caddy and when did it become his business to get involved in reporting the news? I haven't seen video of this argument, but could it have been the caddy's fault and that's what was reported?

I have met Bobby before and he is a pretty laid back and relaxed guy. If I had to guess this was not his doing. Jim Gray has a bit of a history of being a hot head at times.

It's his perogative....haha

he always has been....Pete Rose interview, etc. Thinks people are watching the interview for him and not the person actually being intrviewed. Then he's a puppet for LeBron for that stoopid 'Decision' thing so Gray is clearly about himself and the buck
Way to cave GC. Gees.

Edit: So after reading GG latest post this may actually be more on Gray? This guy seems to be getting a little big headed maybe?

Way to cave GC. Gees.

Edit: So after reading GG latest post this may actually be more on Gray? This guy seems to be getting a little big headed maybe?

From everything I have read it seems to be pointed at Gray right now. I have met Bobby, and granted it was in a professional setting, but the guy is just like DJ, totally laid back. He seems to just let everything roll of his back. I would be surprised if this is on Bobby.

I'd love to see the video, if there is any.

It's reported that it was Brown's fault for Johnson being late to his tee time. Could Gray have made the comment that Johnson should have known his tee time rather than leaving it up to someone else to find out? (That's exactly what I thought when JOhnson said ' "I don't look at my time," Johnson said. "I leave that up to Bobby." ')

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=6133044

Excerpt:

Johnson's caddie, Bobby Brown, took the blame for mixing up the tee time.

Brown said the tour sends text messages of tee times, and they came in all at once -- 8:12 a.m. for the Wednesday pro-am, 7:32 a.m. for Thursday's opening round and 12:12 p.m. for the second round. Brown said for some reason he had "12" stuck in his head, and when Johnson asked him for the tee time Wednesday afternoon, he told him 8:12 a.m.

I don't know, and maybe it's just me, but if it were my "job" I would confirm what my tee time is. And they send out text messages? And only to the caddies? There isn't a hard copy that the players receive?

It's reported that it was Brown's fault for Johnson being late to his tee time. Could Gray have made the comment that Johnson should have known his tee time rather than leaving it up to someone else to find out? (That's exactly what I thought when JOhnson said ' "I don't look at my time," Johnson said. "I leave that up to Bobby." ')

Excerpt:

I don't know, and maybe it's just me, but if it were my "job" I would confirm what my tee time is. And they send out text messages? And only to the caddies? There isn't a hard copy that the players receive?

I agree with smalls. I know DJ has settled in rather nicely on tour - but being as detail oriented as I am - id have a index card with my tee-times on it in my backpocket lol.

Excerpt:

I'm still unsure as to how GRay is involved in this. DJ said his caddie was to blame and Gray reported it. How did Gray and Brown get into an arguement?

I'm still unsure as to how GRay is involved in this. DJ said his caddie was to blame and Gray reported it. How did Gray and Brown get into an arguement?

Only a guess on my part, but maybe Gray got confrontational in his interview approach with Brown, asking him why he made his player late or something? Gray is the same guy that got into it with Pavin last year

Only a guess on my part, but maybe Gray got confrontational in his interview approach with Brown, asking him why he made his player late or something? Gray is the same guy that got into it with Pavin last year

Those are my thoughts as well. I haven't read anything that gives the details of the argument but something tells me Gray pushed one too many buttons and set Brown off. This is certainly not the first time Gray has done this in an interview.

I never liked Jim Gray anyway, so I'm happy I don't have to look at his face for the rest of the week.

Those are my thoughts as well. I haven't read anything that gives the details of the argument but something tells me Gray pushed one too many buttons and set Brown off. This is certainly not the first time Gray has done this in an interview.

When Gray reported on it yesterday, he didn't seem to happy about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he did push some buttons.

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

As I commented on Facebook, Jim Gray is an a-hole plain and simple. He is probably like the little kid who got picked last for every sport in elementary school and now harbors an inferiority complex, and the only way he has to compensate is to blast professional athletes every time he gets a chance. He is nothing more than a tabloid journalist masquerading as a sports commentator. Much more Jerry Springer than Jim Nantz. I'll never forgive him for his ambush of Pete Rose at the 50 greatest players ceremony, and he's had a history of being a complete douche. I don't often speak negatively about media, being a PR guy, but he is one I gladly make an exception for.

This just in....Luke Donald stinks! Thank you.

Back