Drinking while playing

Not too often - if playing with family, they like to have a few during the round. If just a single walk on, then definitely not.

I drive to the course and I'm there to work, so it's not really in my realm of possibility. Played a few "fun tourneys" with buddies that includes adult beverages after the round, so I've had a few on the course but it's like once per year...which translates to like 1/150 rounds per yea.

Man I wish I could play 150 rounds a year!!

Like DawgDaddy, I don't drink at all, ever. I would be inclined to say that I am the only person I know who is of age but has never been drunk. I also don't mind if someone has a couple on the course, but I have cut my brother off before because he's had too much, and wouldn't hesitate to even tell a stranger that they need to slow down if we get paired on the first tee. But, I smoke like a chimney on the course if I'm with buddies, except for this year so far.

I drive to the course and I'm there to work, so it's not really in my realm of possibility. Played a few "fun tourneys" with buddies that includes adult beverages after the round, so I've had a few on the course but it's like once per year...which translates to like 1/150 rounds per yea.

Oh yeah, and I also wish I was a +1!!! HAHA

It depends on the event and the temp and if I'm riding or walking. If it's a business thing then no drinks, if I'm walking rarely no drinks and if it's super hot no drinks. Otherwise I'll partake in a few!!!

Usually a vodka and grapefruit on the turn

i have never tried drinking on the course myself as i'm usually the one driving but my father told me he played with 2 lads in the 60's a couple of years ago in a pub society and half way around the 2 auld lads sat on a bench while one of them had pulled out a half bottle of whiskey out of his bag. the 3 of them went on to finish off the bottle. the 2 auld lads passed away in the last year but they were legends in my mind for thinking about the bottle. he was prob thinking getting the gear ready going out the door at home, clubs check, shoes check, trolley check, battery check................... i'm forgetting something ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................oh ya the whiskey :act-up:

Depends on the people I play with. I got one buddy, we play this little 9 hole par 3 course together a lot, he calls me a p_ssy when I can't finish my half of the 6 pack during the round.
But then another guy I play with, he's a ranked amateur here in Nevada, I don't think he's even aware they do sell alcohal on the course.
Is the question related just for alcohal? Because I love arnold palmers!!. If you're lucky to be in a place where they got strawberry lemonade, make an arnold palmer out of that and it's heaven! I have one small rant: A lot of places around town no long carrry Ice Tea and Lemonade. Instead they've got this premade Arizona brand Arnold Palmer but ITS ALWAYS A DIET VERSION!!! :angry: has anyone else seen this happening at their course?

I have noticed my putting gets much smoother after a couple vodka and tonic

Hmmm, maybe that is what I need! :)

None. But Im not a huge drinker anymore whether course or not.
Exactly what I was going to type. I did enough drinking when I was younger to last me a lifetime.

I'll have a tasty beverage or two from a cold aluminum can since most of my rounds are in the afternoon. It is especially helpful when being paired up with someone new because it helps take the edge off the nervous swing habits.

I'll have a tasty beverage or two from a cold aluminum can since most of my rounds are in the afternoon. It is especially helpful when being paired up with someone new because it helps take the edge off the nervous swing habits.

I DO get nervouse around people I don't know. Hmm.. I knew a beer worked in a bar, but I had not considered this on the course.

I rarely drink on the course, but it does get a little warm down here in the summer, so a nice cold beer never hurts.

Whenever I play with my dad we always bring some water for the start, but also pack a couple of beers. We open the beers about the 15th or 16th hole then enjoy them over the next few holes. After the round we usually hit the clubhouse for another beer or 2 before heading back to our houses.

I don't drink, except on very rare occasions. So the answer is no.

Does that automatically disqualify me from any future THP events?

On a hot day....Vodka and Lemonade hits the spot.

I've never had a drink of alcohol on the course and rarely drink at all. I have just never liked the taste or effects of alcohol.

Last edited:
My favorite beverages on course are water or a sports drink.

I'm not a fan of the way alcohol tastes so I don't really ever drink at all.

I used too. Now its a beer or two if that. Just depends. I play better hungover haha just not drunk. Not a big drinker anymore except on special occasions.

Sent from my "office" using Tapatalk

I don't.

But I did.

Kevin

I am not a drinker , I drink Water or Gatorade .

During a competitive round, usually none. During men's night, I'll can easily take down 4-8 over 18 holes. It is scary how little it affects my scores in general. I know it's proven to hurt a game but I'd play anyone with the same handicap as me even up while finishing a beer a hole. It's not uncommon for me to down a six-pack a side and keep it in the mid 70's.

I never drink alcohol on the course. After the round is another story, but all I drink on the course is water or Gatorade.

+2. I rarely drink so it is even rarer for me to drink on the course. I have a beer from time to time after a round but never during.

Back