Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

Self correcting technology? Where have you been all my life? Can't wait to put these to the test! Thank you polara and THP!

This ball is not legal under USGA rules.

Ill be honest, Im a little dissapointed to be testing these kind of balls, they seem to be a gimmicky type of product, Im all about wanting to get better and shoot lower scores, and something like this can mess with your mind in my opinion, but nonetheless, seems like a fun kind of promotion to do so Im all for it in that sense. I hope people see where Im coming from, Im just glad to be chosen to test something out for everyone else, which I will do with my best efforts.

this should be interesting. Ive never heard of these balls until now -and i will definately take them to the course as soon as i get them. I have some E-6 lined up for comparison testing as well. I am going to read the rest of the website now see what i can learn. did anybody guess them??!!? if so they deserve an award hehehe.

They may appear gimmicky, but this test will give every consumer honest feedback to see if it really is a gimmick or if it's legit.

Last edited:
They may appear gimmicky, but this test will give every consumer honest feedback to see if it realyl is a gimmick or if it's legit.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Polara must certainly have confidence in their claims to give close to 200 people the chance to try them out and have their thoughts posted on a worldwide forum for all the world to see.

So if I get these in time I will use them this Sunday when I am playing with some buddies. We usually play skins for a small amount of money. Seeing as they are non-conforming should I tell them beforehand or should I not even say anything? Don't want to accused of cheating or anything. I'm thinking it's probably best that I just tell them before I start using them.
Looking forward to checking them out.

I already know how I am gonna test.

I am gonna take one of these, and put it head to head against a Platinum. That should give it every possible chance to wow me, because those Plats. will spin off the planet.

I just went through most of their website.

Slightly disappointed that they are non-conforming, but, o well.

My natural shape is a draw, with hooks being my main miss. When I try to really go after one, I can get a slice sometimes. So, my method of testing these... Going all out on every tee shot. :)

It says you need to line up the ball to the target to get it to work... what if you're lying in the rough, and need to draw/fade around an obstacle but the arrows are perfectly lined up to your target? That'll suck... hehe

So is this ball "illegal" simply because of the side-spin correction or is it also juiced and longer than allowed?

Two shots off the tee will tell me if they work or not. My driving has been absolutely atrocious lately to the point where I am having a hard time keeping the ball in play.

So if I get these in time I will use them this Sunday when I am playing with some buddies. We usually play skins for a small amount of money. Seeing as they are non-conforming should I tell them beforehand or should I not even say anything? Don't want to accused of cheating or anything. I'm thinking it's probably best that I just tell them before I start using them.
Looking forward to checking them out.

Your getting a number of balls to test, give them each one and let them help you with the testing. Sounds like a great opportunity to do a really solid review from different perspectives.

I'm looking forward to see how you and other long hitters fare with this ball. The technology really intrigues me. If it works, I wonder if we see other companies put their own spin on it... Maybe even a conforming one? Polara seems to really have faith in their product because they really put themselves out there. Very appreciative of that.

Two shots off the tee will tell me if they work or not. My driving has been absolutely atrocious lately to the point where I am having a hard time keeping the ball in play.

These balls are very intriguing. I am most interested in what the feel is like with mid irons & wedges.

I will have to play my regular ball together with the polara to see if it really makes a difference. I was power fading when I signed up, but had a couple of range sessions since then where I have been able to consistently hit it with a baby draw, so if I took the ball to the course I wouldn't be able to tell if I was swinging better or it's the ball.

OTOH, I have a buddy who is so disgusted with his slice of the tee that he decided to stick to par 3 courses for a while. He would be a perfect test subject for this.

I will have to play my regular ball together with the polara to see if it really makes a difference. I was power fading when I signed up, but had a couple of range sessions since then where I have been able to consistently hit it with a baby draw, so if I took the ball to the course I wouldn't be able to tell if I was swinging better or it's the ball.

OTOH, I have a buddy who is so disgusted with his slice of the tee that he decided to stick to par 3 courses for a while. He would be a perfect test subject for this.

Just going out on a limb here, but I think a big reason why Polara is being so generous with the number of balls to each tester is just this... I think they want us to give them to people to try and get more feedback. It gives us better real world results and it gives them more exposure (if the product works). I, for one, have a couple people in mind to help me test this out and if it works I am hanging on to a few to give my father at our next charity scramble. I love to golf with the man but he can not keep anything on the same hole we are playing!

I am curious to know if these will show any real benefit on a SIM. While I think you would be able to see some difference on a launch monitor, this seems like a ball where the real world results don't match up with the physics equations in the LM or SIM. I can't imagine they are designed to calculate flight/trajectory with a ball that has active spin reduction properties.

Just going out on a limb here, but I think a big reason why Polara is being so generous with the number of balls to each tester is just this... I think they want us to give them to people to try and get more feedback. It gives us better real world results and it gives them more exposure (if the product works). I, for one, have a couple people in mind to help me test this out and if it works I am hanging on to a few to give my father at our next charity scramble. I love to golf with the man but he can not keep anything on the same hole we are playing!

I am curious to know if these will show any real benefit on a SIM. While I think you would be able to see some difference on a launch monitor, this seems like a ball where the real world results don't match up with the physics equations in the LM or SIM. I can't imagine they are designed to calculate flight/trajectory with a ball that has active spin reduction properties.

I was also wondering if the sim will be able to tell the difference. Very curious about that. I have a hunch that it will not. I think the best way to test these balls is outside under real golf conditions.

Your getting a number of balls to test, give them each one and let them help you with the testing. Sounds like a great opportunity to do a really solid review from different perspectives.
Great idea, duey!

. . . OTOH, I have a buddy who is so disgusted with his slice of the tee that he decided to stick to par 3 courses for a while. He would be a perfect test subject for this.
See quote above! haha

(And below!)

Just going out on a limb here, but I think a big reason why Polara is being so generous with the number of balls to each tester is just this... I think they want us to give them to people to try and get more feedback. It gives us better real world results and it gives them more exposure (if the product works). I, for one, have a couple people in mind to help me test this out and if it works I am hanging on to a few to give my father at our next charity scramble. I love to golf with the man but he can not keep anything on the same hole we are playing!.

It will be cool to see how it works when the hooker comes to town. If the Polara can calm that old lady down, it will be awesome :thumb: My strong right to left shot has been calm however I have no doubt, there will be plenty of opportunities.

I will be able to test these on a sim and on the course, so i can tell you guys if the sim will be able to pick up the straight flight technology. I have the same feelings as RxGus.

These balls are supposed to be help with your misses anyone else going to try it to help work the ball? If you hit it remotely straight most of the time turn it which way you need to shape a shot and try it there by flipping/turning it. I'm curious to see what it can do on doglegs or if I need to hit around something.

I'm really excited to test these out as soon as they get here, my current miss can often be a push left now, and the self correctiing technology would not help with this but I do throw that slice out there every once in a while and this should really help.

These balls are supposed to be help with your misses anyone else going to try it to help work the ball? If you hit it remotely straight most of the time turn it which way you need to shape a shot and try it there by flipping/turning it. I'm curious to see what it can do on doglegs or if I need to hit around something.

I don't believe that is how this ball works. It doesn't promote a certain ball spin direction so you can't use it to "cause" a draw/fade. From what I gathered on the website it is either "on" or "off". There may be some interesting effects if the ball is aligned something other than straight or 90*, but I think testers will be able to pick up on that pretty quick.

I don't believe that is how this ball works. It doesn't promote a certain ball spin direction so you can't use it to "cause" a draw/fade. From what I gathered on the website it is either "on" or "off". There may be some interesting effects if the ball is aligned something other than straight or 90*, but I think testers will be able to pick up on that pretty quick.

Rumor is that the ball explodes and opens the door to the underworld. All I know is this thing could work wonders on Hook City!

Tap before talk.

I'm looking forward to see how you and other long hitters fare with this ball. The technology really intrigues me. If it works, I wonder if we see other companies put their own spin on it... Maybe even a conforming one? Polara seems to really have faith in their product because they really put themselves out there. Very appreciative of that.

Agreed Yoccos. I'm a little leary of the fact that the ball is non conforming, but I also applaud Polara for their faith in their product putting it out in real world testing where you know you will get honest feedback. I will be honest the technology seems very sound but the commercial needs a little less infomercialness to it.

Anyways thanks alot both Polara and THP for getting this done. I really think this could help alot of people enjoy the game more.

Back