TwoSolitudes

Swingin' for the fences
Reaction score
Some of you may know I was living in Holland then suddenly moved to Italy. I actually resigned from my job in Holland because I felt the organization was corrupt and would drag me down if I stayed. It was sad because this is a well respected place and I really had high hopes.

It was a tough decision with two small kids in this economy. We moved back to our house in Italy and I have been applying for things since October while we lived off savings. I was getting worried, and spent a lot of time bashing balls at the range in frustration.

BUT I am happy to say I got an offer today and we will be moving to Bangkok, in May! Whew! Its a great job backed by the Gates Foundation and should be a good move for the whole family.

Bangkok is a center for golf in Asia. There are whole shopping malls with nothing but fitting centers, brand stores and trade in centers. Its like a permanent golf show.

So starting in May if you want photos or info on Asian equipment, let me know!

Wow. Good luck on the move. Enjoy the food!

Good luck on the move and enjoy the golf!

wow thats a big move... hope you dont suffer from too much culture shock and prep for the humidity!
congrats and good luck

Good luck TS, I hope this is everything you want it to be.

It's always an interesting time when you go on a new adventure like that, good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!

Congratulations on the new job. It sounds like exciting times are ahead for you and your family.

When I was in college I visited Bangkok a couple of times. It's a great city to party in. It is the most humid place I've ever been though. Good luck with the move.

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to do something like that, working and moving around the world!!

From the iPhone.

Sounds like great news, congrats to the whole family. Hope all goes well.

Wow...Holland...Italy....Bangkok ?

Congrats on the new job!
What do you do?

Congrats on the new job! Sounds liek fun and keep us posted.

Congrats on the job and the move.

I had to do this:

Confucius say: Man who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok.
:D

Very cool! You're quite the worldly traveler. I hope it all works well for you and the fam.

Good luck in your next adventure in your globe-trotting TS! :thumb:

When I was in college I visited Bangkok a couple of times. It's a great city to party in. It is the most humid place I've ever been though. Good luck with the move.

I'm seeing a theme here, TC, hehehe

Good luck on the move and the new job, TS.

You haven't seen traffic till you've been there. Makes LA, NY and Chicago look like nothing. I'm talking white knuckle, ass puckering, get out of the car and run in a fit of rage to absolutely no where type stuff.

Thanks all. We used to live in Cambodia, so we know what to expect in terms of heat and traffic. Should be a fantastic adventure.

Good luck on your move. I have been to Bangkok and it is a crazy place. As I recall it cost a fortune to play golf there. That was some time ago. Is it still expensive?

Good luck on your move. I have been to Bangkok and it is a crazy place. As I recall it cost a fortune to play golf there. That was some time ago. Is it still expensive?

I've been looking at the prices- seems to be 60-80 US for a full round. Not bad.

Good luck! My brother-in-law lives in Switzerland and goes to Thailand twice a year to play golf. Loves the place. :)

I've been looking at the prices- seems to be 60-80 US for a full round. Not bad.

Wow thats not bad at all. I remember $150 but must have been a high end course or they seen me coming. :at-wits-end:

Back