The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive grass fire about 15 minutes from my house. Wind is blowing 20+ mph right now. Not good.

Not good at all. Those things spread fast too with the embers. Stay safe and get ready to high tail it out of there if need be.

Not good at all. Those things spread fast too with the embers. Stay safe and get ready to high tail it out of there if need be.

guess i should have added its not going in my direction.. They have had to shut down the highway, the smoke is super thick. Its just all grass right now, but a big neighborhood is right in the way. Hopefully they can stop it at the highway and it wont jump.

guess i should have added its not going in my direction.. They have had to shut down the highway, the smoke is super thick. Its just all grass right now, but a big neighborhood is right in the way. Hopefully they can stop it at the highway and it wont jump.

With winds like that it'll be hard for it not to jump. My wife's family has dealt with this out in the desert of SoCal and the Santa Ana winds carried a brush fire across I10 which is a fairly wide (I think 12 lanes) highway. They had to shut down the highway which in SoCal is like a death sentence. I've driven past it afterwards and you can see the burn trail come across the highway. Pretty freaky.

With winds like that it'll be hard for it not to jump. My wife's family has dealt with this out in the desert of SoCal and the Santa Ana winds carried a brush fire across I10 which is a fairly wide (I think 12 lanes) highway. They had to shut down the highway which in SoCal is like a death sentence. I've driven past it afterwards and you can see the burn trail come across the highway. Pretty freaky.

Ya, its going to be real tough to stop it. Its a 2 lane highway (with shoulders on both sides) then a ditch then 2 lane highway on the other side.

Get a hose and put it out. Fire hates water.

Kevin

Man, those brush fires are NO joke. My buddy lives in the outskirts of San Diego and they had a bad fire last summer. I sent him a txt about it, he responded "no worries, fire on the wrong side of the hills."
2 hours later he sends me "Fire's got a mind of his own, packing up the kids and gonna be with pops in Orange County"

This way we can keep some of the conversations on topic and this thread is here for everyone to talk away and not worry about topic or anything else.

Smooth move Julie, you got us in trouble.:doh:

:act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up:

BTW, I go onto the Banter away thread easily atleast 5-10 times a day. The first two posts still crack me up everytime....

Today is another wasted day, it seems these days I'm not doing anything but just playing video games, THP and eating. I feel like a true wealthier hobo.

Today is another wasted day, it seems these days I'm not doing anything but just playing video games, THP and eating. I feel like a true wealthier hobo.

Good job dent, to make it official go get some jean cutoffs and a wife beater and just chill out like that.

Video games AND THP? wow i'm jealous.

Reading all these weather issues makes me realize how sheltered I am from weather living in Arizona. Yeah we have Summers and then the other season but never have to worry about half the junk going on. Kinda nuts to think I couldn't play golf for months because that little thing called mother nature.

Good job dent, to make it official go get some jean cutoffs and a wife beater and just chill out like that.

I was thinking some capris sweatpants and a dirty cutoff muscle shirt.

Video games AND THP? wow i'm jealous.

Yea i'm doing some serious multi-tasking here. Bout to be video games, thp, and golf on TV.

I was thinking some capris sweatpants and a dirty cutoff muscle shirt.

Yea i'm doing some serious multi-tasking here. Bout to be video games, thp, and golf on TV.

Good choice Dent, Capri sweatpants get all the ladies fired up!

Good choice Dent, Capri sweatpants get all the ladies fired up!

Man, the level of mobility you get from cut off jeans though... they're insane!
You just have to cut the pockets off so they don't hang down.

Reading all these weather issues makes me realize how sheltered I am from weather living in Arizona. Yeah we have Summers and then the other season but never have to worry about half the junk going on. Kinda nuts to think I couldn't play golf for months because that little thing called mother nature.

What other seasons are there in Arizona. I thought it was Hot, Hotter, and Hottest. I was out there last January and it was 70 degrees. Seasonal depression is a non-factor for yall.

Lol exactly. That's what I was saying. I'm not complaining in the least but I feel like a tool for not knowing half of the weather talk. I'd have no idea if how to put on chains for my tires if it was snowing or how to drive with ice all over. Just stuff like that gets me thinking.

What other seasons are there in Arizona. I thought it was Hot, Hotter, and Hottest. I was out there last January and it was 70 degrees. Seasonal depression is a non-factor for yall.

I need to work my way out there in the fall....could use some nice AZ weather. Grand parents used to live in Tuscon and I miss heading out there

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Lol exactly. That's what I was saying. I'm not complaining in the least but I feel like a tool for not knowing half of the weather talk. I'd have no idea if how to put on chains for my tires if it was snowing or how to drive with ice all over. Just stuff like that gets me thinking.

I've been to both and I'd rather be basting like Snooki under the Florida sun than freezing my nuts off. They say don't you think it's too hot... I say bring it biotch.

Lol. Snooki. Is she hot now? HA

I've been to both and I'd rather be basting like Snooki under the Florida sun than freezing my nuts off. They say don't you think it's too hot... I say bring it biotch.

Fall is probably my favorite bro. If you do let me know. Other than my immediate family, my whole crew is in Tucson. I love it there. People say its a craphole but give me Tucson over Phoenix any day. Lol. You still have family out in Tucson?

I need to work my way out there in the fall....could use some nice AZ weather. Grand parents used to live in Tuscon and I miss heading out there

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I agree with you Spank. Life is so much easier when it's hot outside. With rain, cold, snow, everything is so messy, and everything takes much more prep time. Even dressing to go outside can be a hassle. When it's hot, a tee shirt, pair of shorts and slippers is just fine.

Crocs FTW!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get me some golf croc shoes :)

I agree with you Spank. Life is so much easier when it's hot outside. With rain, cold, snow, everything is so messy, and everything takes much more prep time. Even dressing to go outside can be a hassle. When it's hot, a tee shirt, pair of shorts and slippers is just fine.

Another fire about 30-40 minutes from my house. Almost 4,000 acres burned so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could teach you how to shovel snow, we will start with my drive-way. hahaha jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back