Official Contest Venting Thread

Stick around and your time will come.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

To be VERY honest, I don't even enter a large amount of the contest for a couple of reasons. Number one being if it is for say a particular shoe style that I don't like, why would I enter? I would not keep or use the shoes, so why enter? To enter just to say you won, and then sell, makes no sense to me. If I see a contest for something I may use, I will enter, otherwise, I just stay out of the way.

To be VERY honest, I don't even enter a large amount of the contest for a couple of reasons. Number one being if it is for say a particular shoe style that I don't like, why would I enter? I would not keep or use the shoes, so why enter? To enter just to say you won, and then sell, makes no sense to me. If I see a contest for something I may use, I will enter, otherwise, I just stay out of the way.

I agree with that! Well put. :clap:

Exactly, I said the exact same thing a while back. I enter a select few contests for things I actually need. It puzzles me as to why some single dudes enter the contests for the ladies iron sets.

If you don't need it, as much as THP loves participation, give someone else a chance.

I really thought I had a good one here on this last Caption this.....dang i was so hoping :(

Exactly, I said the exact same thing a while back. I enter a select few contests for things I actually need. It puzzles me as to why some single dudes enter the contests for the ladies iron sets.

If you don't need it, as much as THP loves participation, give someone else a chance.

Dead on. Many just don't get it. Some are lookin for a quick flip item.

Dead on. Many just don't get it. Some are lookin for a quick flip item.

Quick flip??? I can't believe someone would do that. Heck, I'd send the item back they had me test if they needed my assistance with testing. If I can't use it, I won't enter the contests.

Last edited:
We've gone over entering contests before. In fact there is even a thread by TC about it. HERE

Here is what I had to say about the subject in that thread and another thread:

I'd like to add that if you are here for the camaraderie of the people here and the contests are the furthest thing from your mind, that's great! But the contests are a very important part of THP (from the first couple of weeks of it's existence, THP has had giveaways) and the more people who enter them, the more companies are willing to supply the items for these contests.

Remember that even though the members of the forum are the beneficiaries of the contests with the prizes they win, the companies enjoy reading the threads and seeing all the banter that goes back and forth between everyone in their threads. They enjoy these contest as much as and maybe even more than the members who actually win the prize!

Even if you want to turn around and offer it to another member (as has happened before), it never hurts to enter one of these. You could even make up your own contest if you wanted to and give it away that way! Just let JB and GG know where they need to ship it if you don't want it. It wouldn't matter to them since they need to ship it someplace, anyway! One note on shipping, it does cost them to send these things around the country, and since they don't ask and never expect it, sending a donation to match the shipping costs would not be unappreciated, especially since none of these contests cost anything to enter.

I've actually missed a few of the recent contests because I have been a little busy doing other projects (some for THP, some for myself) but still try to enter as many as I can. If you haven't entered any contests yet, give it a shot. Everyone has the same chance to win and it costs nothing to enter, so why not take a chance? You've got nothing to lose!

When I was hearing about testing the first thing I obviously thought was giving a great review, and was wondering when I had to send the club back. I was so pleased to have just been chosen to just give THP a great writeup, when I heard we got to keep it that was just an amazing bonus and so generous.

We've gone over entering contests before. In fact there is even a thread by TC about it. HERE

Here is what I had to say about the subject in that thread and another thread:

As soon as more come up, I will be trying my hand at them. Thanks smallville I hadn't seen it. It's kind of hard to read thru all the posts in every thread.

When I was hearing about testing the first thing I obviously thought was giving a great review, and was wondering when I had to send the club back. I was so pleased to have just been chosen to just give THP a great writeup, when I heard we got to keep it that was just an amazing bonus and so generous.

I absolutley agree dude. Top notch people running this place no doubt, and the fact that they associate themselves with such great companys of all things golf. I dont think we will see another golf forum ever top the repore THP has in the golfing community.

Not sure if thats how you spell repore or not haha.

I absolutley agree dude. Top notch people running this place no doubt, and the fact that they associate themselves with such great companys of all things golf. I dont think we will see another golf forum ever top the repore THP has in the golfing community.

Not sure if thats how you spell repore or not haha.

It's rapport, but that's ok.

The fact that you guys get it is all that matters. I've said it a ton of times, testing is something that isn't always easy and it's certainly not about free gear. It's something that comes with a good amount of responsibility and it should be taken seriously. Just remember, it's long term testing, so it's not ever really over. There will be new forum members that hit up your threads and ask questions and it's important to be around to answer them.

You guys will do great. The only contest I think I've ever been bummed losing are ones that I can't enter due to the fact that I'm left handed. I know why it's the case, but it still bothers me a little bit.

The fact that you guys get it is all that matters. I've said it a ton of times, testing is something that isn't always easy and it's certainly not about free gear. It's something that comes with a good amount of responsibility and it should be taken seriously. Just remember, it's long term testing, so it's not ever really over. There will be new forum members that hit up your threads and ask questions and it's important to be around to answer them.

You guys will do great. The only contest I think I've ever been bummed losing are ones that I can't enter due to the fact that I'm left handed. I know why it's the case, but it still bothers me a little bit.

+1 except I will add the contests that aren't open to lefties or canadians, sometimes the contests aren't open to either and I have lost twice before even entering.

Haha thanks for the correction, I figured someone would set me straight. Yeah I can understand your dissapointment in situations like that (well maybe not since Im not left handed) but it seems like the golf industry takes a few more steps each year to try and get you guys in the loop. Im sure for you guys though they are taking way to long to do so.

I think the biggest disappointment for contests will be the Morgan Cup coming up. Lately i've almost been kind of whiney about the contest and how much I want to be in, but I am really excited to accept it like a gentleman and be really excited for whoever gets choosen. If I were in that position I like to consider how I would feel.

What I'm chapped about is the number of contests that involve facebook. "Become our friend and you will be entered..." Believe it or not, NOT everyone is on facebook. I was, but found it boring and useless to me.

What I'm chapped about is the number of contests that involve facebook. "Become our friend and you will be entered..." Believe it or not, NOT everyone is on facebook. I was, but found it boring and useless to me.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a big facebook fan an prefer not to have an account. After seeing that PGA National Contest that Golf Galaxy is having though, I might have to rethink. A chance to play in the pro-am is probably worth sucking it up and having a facebook account.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a big facebook fan an prefer not to have an account. After seeing that PGA National Contest that Golf Galaxy is having though, I might have to rethink. A chance to play in the pro-am is probably worth sucking it up and having a facebook account.

A lot of companies feel that social media/networking is the way of the future. So they are always looking for ways to grow their Facebook and Twitter accounts and one of the best ways to do that is through contests.

A lot of companies feel that social media/networking is the way of the future. So they are always looking for ways to grow their Facebook and Twitter accounts and one of the best ways to do that is through contests.

I think that they're probably right about it being the way of the future. My firm has training sessions about how to use social networking effectively. Business-wise, I think it's a great tool.

Which I find interesting given that in the tech field, business people are already being told that social media is useless from an actual marketing perspective. The only reason they do it is so people can't point to a hole in their marketing portfolio even though the dollars brought in are exceptionally low while the money paid to social media experts to maintain the communication lines is quite high.

However this had nothing to do with the thread at hand so I'll go back to being on topic: I dislike the Facebook promotions as well. However I'm willing to lose out on those contents to keep various information private.

I never entered contests until I became a THP member, and even then it took me a while to do that. As it is I still only stick to THP contests. I guess I'm shy.

Which I find interesting given that in the tech field, business people are already being told that social media is useless from an actual marketing perspective. The only reason they do it is so people can't point to a hole in their marketing portfolio even though the dollars brought in are exceptionally low while the money paid to social media experts to maintain the communication lines is quite high.

However this had nothing to do with the thread at hand so I'll go back to being on topic: I dislike the Facebook promotions as well. However I'm willing to lose out on those contents to keep various information private.

I agree, and I agree on disliking the facebook things. Granted i'm highly, highly cynical so i'm not your average consumer in the least; but these things annoy me just a little. "friend and like us on facebook and we'll give you a 1 in 2 milion opportunity to win a club", i think it's cheesy, impersonal and not very creative.

Im not venting about a loss, or anything like that, but I REALLY hate when Im on the Name the PGA Tour player contest and people throw in entries at the end without participating. A little banter, or 1 comment during the search is good enough, a question or two. But when you just ghost it and throw an entry in at the end it annoys me. Some people have excuses, and I can understand that they saw the pics and couldnt post(You know who you are, and ignore this post, your good with me!), but when some just cash in on the other entries it just shows who is here for the contests and who is here for the participation.

I am not really venting about losing a contest, but seeing an old style come back.

I would like to see some of the contest come back that people have to work to win. Like the shoe contest or I think there was a picture contest. I would like to even see a video contest. I do love the comment one we just had. I love those and I think gets pretty competitive during those.

I am not really venting about losing a contest, but seeing an old style come back.

I would like to see some of the contest come back that people have to work to win. Like the shoe contest or I think there was a picture contest. I would like to even see a video contest. I do love the comment one we just had. I love those and I think gets pretty competitive during those.

That's a good idea. It would even bring some more fun into the forum, and make it that much better.

Back