Baby's first birthday

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay my wife asked me to go with her to one of here friends house for their daughters first birthday. Not really what I wanted to do on a Saturday. She promised me there would be beer. Well these people live on the 9th hole of a local golf course (okay this makes it better). We are in the guys garage watching basketball and I notice a recycling bin full of golf balls. I ask him does he play. He tells me no those are balls he collects that land in his back yard. He ask if I play and I answer back with some of those could have been mine. He laughs and says well take the whole thing I don't need them!!!!! Not done counting yet but I am 200 now and taking a break. Looks like about 40-60 more.

Wow thats awesome. Anything good?

Bonus for you buddy! I was renovating a house for these folks a few years back who lived on a golf course and they had a trash can full of balls. They liked to walk the course in the evenings and they'd pick up balls. They always let me take a few here and there.

Yeah, I'm curious to hear what kind of balls you got.

That's awesome, my grandpa does the same thing at his house, I come home with cartons of balls every time. It's like christmas once a month!!!

Awesome!! Any TaylorMade TP's in there for me???

Okay my wife asked me to go with her to one of here friends house for their daughters first birthday. Not really what I wanted to do on a Saturday. She promised me there would be beer. Well these people live on the 9th hole of a local golf course (okay this makes it better). We are in the guys garage watching basketball and I notice a recycling bin full of golf balls. I ask him does he play. He tells me no those are balls he collects that land in his back yard. He ask if I play and I answer back with some of those could have been mine. He laughs and says well take the whole thing I don't need them!!!!! Not done counting yet but I am 200 now and taking a break. Looks like about 40-60 more.

Very nice! Never happens to me.

That's like me!
My friend's uncle was cleaning out his garage, so he passed me a box of 344 balls!

Nice! Let us know the count on the good ones later.

PS- I had to come back to edit because after leaving the thread and thinking about it I'm actually pretty jealous.

Wow thats awesome. Anything good?

So far I have a gallon bag full of Titleist and half are pro V1's. Except for one quarter size bag all the balls are in good-great shape. Lots of top companies and top balls. Even found 4 Z-Stars

You went to a one year olds Birthday party and ended up with a gift for yourself..... Sweet !!

Final count is 259. I started breaking the balls down by company and wow this could take some time. Got a good bit of Callaway, Bridgestone and Titleist. Most all of them are in great shape.

Nice haul pellynch! Just curious, which course were all the balls collected from?

Nice haul, congrats!

Wow, it's been a few years since I've played NR. Didn't realize they had built up that much since then.

Yeah that place has become very nice.

Back