I could watch the movie ALI over and over and over again.

Right now Im watching A Beautiful Mind

Don't go horror. Go with the Red Riding trilogy. 1974, 1980, and 1984.

Awesome crime films.

Kevin

Just watched these. They were awesome.

Just watched these. They were awesome.

Try Red Road. A British indie suspense movie. My wife and I made last week British movies with "Red" in the title. LOL. The Red Riding movies were really, really good. Hard to believe they were TV films over there. Nothing that good is ever made for TV in this country. There was nothing "TV" about them.

Kevin

Nightwatch, a Russian film suggested early in this thread by TC, is now available through the Wii. I'm starting that as soon as my Wife and Daughter stop yacking and my Daughter goes to bed. Yack, Yack, yack.

Kevin

Nightwatch, a Russian film suggested early in this thread by TC, is now available through the Wii. I'm starting that as soon as my Wife and Daughter stop yacking and my Daughter goes to bed. Yack, Yack, yack.

Kevin

Good movie liked it a lot. Supposed to be a trilogy but it doesn't look likely. After the second which is quite good, the rights to the third movie got bought by FOX. So even if a third is made.......:angry:

I have seen holy grail, not LoB.

Tis only a fleshwound!

Monty is Great stuff. One of my favorite skits of all time was so simple yet hilarious. A man sits in a small office. Another man bursts through the door and you notice in big letters on the door it says "Deception". The man who burst into the room shouts with hostility "IS THIS ANGER!?!?!" The man in the office stands, smiles and says "Why yes it is come on in!"

I need a movie. I feel like being creeped out/ scared tonight. What are your suggestions?
Just so you know, I am notoriously unfazed by most "horror" movies. No slasher crap, unless it is a genuine masterwork, like the original Halloween. Seen the obvious ones, Blair, Exorcist, ect.

Check out the Vengeance trilogy from Korea. Director Park Chan-Wook is a sick and twisted man. His movies arn't exactly horror in the classic sense, but they stick with you a lot worse than horrors do.
The individual titles are Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Sympathy for Mrs. Vengeance. Mrs Vengeance is my favorite though most people like oldboy *cough spielberg cough** He's trying to adapt the film though its not his style.

After the folks hit the sack I am watching Videodrome.

After the folks hit the sack I am watching Videodrome.

That's a weird one. Been a long time since I saw it.

Kevin

About to watch the Maltese Falcon.

For all those commenting how much they liked the new True Grit, I'd suggest watching Lonesome dove if you have not. For my money Robert Duvall is still the best at playing a realistic cowboy there is. Got to admit Jeff Bridges pretty well nailed it in True Grit though and Clint Eastwood is outstanding in Jose Wales.

Aggro, another to add to your list is "Sexy Beast". It has Ben Kingsley as you never expected to see him and is a great movie.

I'm a shameless movie buff,,,,,,,, borderline snob and could make recommendations all day. But I don't care for many Coen brothers movies and admit David Lynch's work never resonated with me. So I'll be suggesting movies a little different from the above. Variety is good.

For all those commenting how much they liked the new True Grit, I'd suggest watching Lonesome dove if you have not. For my money Robert Duvall is still the best at playing a realistic cowboy there is. Got to admit Jeff Bridges pretty well nailed it in True Grit though and Clint Eastwood is outstanding in Jose Wales.

Aggro, another to add to your list is "Sexy Beast". It has Ben Kingsley as you never expected to see him and is a great movie.

I'm a shameless movie buff,,,,,,,, borderline snob and could make recommendations all day. But I don't care for many Coen brothers movies and admit David Lynch's work never resonated with me. So I'll be suggesting movies a little different from the above. Variety is good.

Both Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were fantastic in Lonesome Dove. Man, I loved that mini-series. Sexy Beast is also really good. Great recommendations.

Kevin

A good slasher movie is hard to find. If you've never seen the original Scream, you're missing out though. I'm a big Ed Norton fan so American History X is a must watch if you've never seen it, in my opinion. V for Vendetta is also a personal favorite. I believe Suicide Kings was mentioned in an earlier post...also a great movie not many have seen. I could go one forever because during these terrible PA winters that last forever there's not much else to do besides watch movies.

Watching Cyrus. Awesome little comedy so far.

That sucks, buddy.

I watched a couple good ones last week. Mullholland Dr. and Crazy Hreat.

I really feel like an LOTR marathon, dont have the DVDs... dang.
I did that a few weeks ago, took all day but was worth it!

fav. horror is THE EXORSIST only watched it once that was enough freaked the hell out of me.. best coen brothers FARGO some people dont like its one of my favs.

Back