What's been the highlight of your season?

Couple of highlights for me

1 - The annual gathering of the UK crowd - always a good time when we get together
2 - Finishing as the top scorer for our club in the league season
3 - Getting my handicap down to single figures

Season is definitely over for me considering the amount of snow we got over the weekend, but the highlight of my year is easily the Small Batch Experience with Project X where I got to meet @Tenputt, @AnthonyC, @Jman, @Space Bandito, @DB TT, @GolferGal, @JB and the rest of the True Sports team.

That was absolutely amazing. THP events are like NOTHING else.

Thank you so much, it was great meeting you too.

@JB

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Because you use tapatalk, @ JB doesn't work. That is on them, the way they set it up.
However with that said, the mobile browser and our new forum are far superior, have more features and allows all of that.

Being my first full season I have two highlights: I have broken 100 once and I have been able to play at least once a week.
Nice work!

This has been the most golf I’ve played in a calendar year. Scored my personal best 3 times in a row on my home course, proving that all this effort is starting to pay off. And I got my first ever hole in one.

It will he tough trying to top all of that in 2020. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, that's a heck of a season. A hole in one is a huge highlight in itself.

The highlight of this season was watching my brother shoot a respectable (for us) mid 80’s round last weekend. When the season started he could hardly walk, finishing 18 even on the executive courses was Difficult. Sometimes he made it through 9 other times he had to bow out after a couple holes. In the last month his mobility has improved enough to play a full 18.

Last edited:
2019 Has been a great golf year for me but I would have to say my highlight was watching @Wildcat4life and @j_sizzle9 play alt shot on the back 9 in Savanna for the Ultimate Titliest event.

Thanks man, that was so much fun! Too bad @Wildcat4life missed that 3 footer in #8?!?
That while weekend was a blast. Meeting 5 other THPers I didn’t know. Seeing @JB again. Meeting and learning from the Titleist guys, Josh and Eric! That was an amazing event all around!

Distance with Srixon was simply amazing being in Vegas made for a crazy good time. Meals- awesome
Company- even better
Noelle & Zach - above and beyond fun, gracious and generous
The Golf - some good, some less than good, okay more less than good.

That and the golf I got to play with @PKorf at his member guest was a freaking blast!

Then a couple weeks ago multiple rounds with @j_sizzle9, @McLovin, @Ottawaclo, and my roommate from the 2018 Morgan Cup the big spoon of our room @jdtox.

It doesn’t get any better than that, but I’ve got one more important round set up for the end of the month where some buddies and I are playing in an ALS benefit tournament in honor of our dear friend diagnosed last summer.

It’s been beyond blessed from the golf and company this year. I’m grateful for the golf I got to play and the company and friends in all those rounds will be my favorite memories of golf this year.

Thanks so much for hosting us @chefkritter !

You and Lauren are such wonderful hosts and I cherished the opportunity to get together with all you guys, play some golf and talk about our 2018 MC memories! And loved getting to meet @mikeg_74

The opportunity to chat with the GD captain and asscap and also chat with 2 time MC cap. Wow!

Last edited:
My boys winning the Morgan Cup for me at a RIDICULOUS venue.
The creation and production of THP Range Days.
My trend getting obnoxiously close to +5 before coming back to reality.
CalPal showing a genuine interest in being at the golf course.

Shooting even par on on 9 holes for the 1st time ever.

Shaft Up #1 was pretty sick. Great company with @justincredible , @JB , and @DannyLe and two amazing courses. That fra diavolo was something special. I finally got to play a bit more this season and my cap is finally in the single digits. Of course it got there just in time for the season to be over but hey I can't complain. Looking forward to next season, possibly Scotland for my 40th and will try to make the Ryder Cup.

Golfing with my dad along with helping him get his driver and FWs updated!

pretty obvious, but getting the pm that i was not only in the grandaddy, but given the honor of captaining the team. every single day since then i have thought about the event, and engaged with my team and/or the forum about the event. i have honestly never experienced anything in golf that has so thoroughly consumed my thoughts and actions like the grandaddy. to think we are one winner away from having a full team, and 2 months from travel day is absolutely mind-blowing.

Easy one here, meeting seven great THPers, JB, and all the Odyssey crew during the Odyssey Experience at Hammock Beach.

Amen. The OE was amazing. A whole bunch of new friends, getting to meet some of the most knowledgeable people in golf and having almost unfettered access to ask any question, great golf courses, and awesome food and swag really blew me away. I'm sure that will happen again at the Graphite Challenge.

Playing, playing well (for me), re-finding my playing friends, and remembering how much I enjoy THP as part of my golf equation. Simple but a nice passion fix all the around.
It's good to see you back!

I just thought of another one. It was only 9 holes but beating my younger brother straight up for the first time in years felt pretty awesome.

I haven’t done a whole lot “special” this year sadly. I think seeing my kid play in a league and giving it her all despite not playing well, and keeping a good attitude was pretty awesome.

I'll add my season's best of 77 (37-40).

Approach shot into #18 on Sunday at Coeur D'Alene was about as good as golf gets for me. Was nice to finally execute for once with everything on the line.
That approach was insane.

One more biggie for me was shooting an 82. PB

We don’t really have an off season in the UK so my golf season runs between membership subscriptions (April - April). My highlight is purchasing a new set of clubs and also coming second in a club competition with my playing partner & our sons.17097B15-A3CB-4D51-AF59-07981F446B6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Winning my Club Championship for second year in a row.
Huge for me. Represented THP with the hat.

8e13ff5850ca727e8a7ede11a8ed6c9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back